Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

leontas

Please let this deal collapse.

We need to be going for a different player profile. Not one who has a notoriously difficult agent and excessive wage demands. It's like we never learn...

Sellddg

For so many years we are watching the club overpaying for trash players. 1.3 billions spent in the last ten years and we are watching this kind of football. The line up consists of many trash players who wouldn't even make a top10 Prem team.

I'm not buying it anymore that the transfers are not being approved by the coach.

You just can't spend £30m on each of Schneiderlin, Lindelof and Baily, £90m on each of Lukaku and Pogba, £80m on Maguire £50m on AWB, £50m on Fred, £20m on Dalot, £30 on Amad etc. and you also don't renew the contracts of finished players with a pay rise, like you did with DDG, Jones etc. All of the transfer dealings so far have turned to be so wrong.

So if Arnautovic and Rabbiot sign for the club then they are players that Ten Hag has chosen and he must be held resp

Shark

@NotShark
It's hilarious that this is now turning into a saga. We can't even get a midfielder Juve can't wait to get rid of over the line without complications.

Dannn411

I'd have taken him just because he's better than what we have but the wage he is asking for is just ridiculous. Who are the people negotiating for him and do they have their heads stuck in the clouds? Nobody in Europe is ever going to pay him that much.

ObscureBaguette

It's hilarious that this is now turning into a saga. We can't even get a midfielder Juve can't wait to get rid of over the line without complications.
It's our own fault for targeting a player whose agent (in this case his mother) is known for being quite formidable. They were always going to make some pretty hefty demands. Even an easygoing agent would realise we're desperate at this point.

NZT-One

More options are pointless if they've mediocre which Rabiot and Savic are, Neves isn't much better than those 2 either, I can't see any point in pouring more money down the drain to basically still battle Villa, West ham and Newcastle for 6th spot, leaving us less money for next summer and a squad even more bloated than it was with freshly signed crap we can't sell. None of the players we are linked with will turn us into a top 4 contender so shouldn't be bought.
This is the exact opposite of being pragmatic. The kid who throws his toys comes into mind. I mean, I can relate to you being frustrated about how things went this transfer window, I am disappointed as well, but we can't just sit and put our heads in the sand because it didn't go exactly the way we intended. There is no point in dying in beauty - if we just throw the season away we won't be closer to a potential CL place, we will have less chances of bringing in commercial partners and so on.

I agree with many on here, the Rabiot deal has damage potential. But lets face it, we won't just sit on the money to double the spending in a year. Thats naive BS. Nobody asks for the club to do bad business now, but not doing any business would be the worst thing to do. I get the concerns about Rabiot, I would have hoped to bring in somebody who instills more hope but beggers can't be choosers. Maybe he will suprise us and if not, at least we tried. As long as wo don't sign him on a longterm deal, we should be fine.

joedirt87

Fun times ahead when mommy Rabiot publicly calls out coaches and players on the team.

dubplate warrior

Let's come back to this comment in May to see if it's true. Personally I don't think he will do any better than what we have.
He's far better than McFred mate it's not even close. I don't think that's necessarily a great barometer to go by but to say there's not a big difference is sacrilege. I'd say you can see the quality difference in the first half he plays in over either player.

Mainoldo

Is that really the point? Taking any old crap is exactly why we are where we are as a football club.

I'd sooner save the money, wages and issue of creating more deadwood and give Garner a proper chance tbh. I'm sure I'm not alone there either.

Juve fans are laughing at us on their forums. They can't believe it.
Bro it’s not hard…. You gave me James Garner who’s not better than Rabiot and currently can’t displace McFred. So give me a suitable name and not your u proven fantasy.

westerley

This is a tough one, I don’t really want him, but we do desperately need body’s in midfield!

I just wonder how we ended up scrambling for an unwanted Juve player after a disappointing opening day loss. If it’s true, the manager wanted him, and this signing is on top of FDJ why wasn’t he already here?

Think we may be regretting this signing in the near future

Sellddg

No-one can convince me that Rabbiot is better than Kamara (free), he isn't even better than McFred ffs. Rabbiot and Arnautovic are Ten Hags choices and that makes me anxious for the future. The club is ovepaying for trash players all these years and we have ended up watching championship level football almost every week.
There are so many trash players in the lineup that wouldn't even play for a top10 Prem team.
The club is rotten and by the signs of it I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

redcucumber

Bro it’s not hard…. You gave me James Garner who’s not better than Rabiot and currently can’t displace McFred. So give me a suitable name and not your u proven fantasy.
Eriksen played upfront for the first 45 on Sunday and was total gash. It's fair to say ten Hag is still getting to grips with the squad at this point. Garner missed the vast majority of preseason through injury, so it's dumb to say he hasn't displaced McFred.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Eriksen played upfront for the first 45 on Sunday and was total gash. It's fair to say ten Hag is still getting to grips with the squad at this point.
Why did he play upfront and what does that have to do with James Garner not being ready?

Acole9

Outstanding
His mum even has that look about her which lives up to her battle axe reputation :lol:.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Struggling to convince fecking Rabiot to come, holy shit are we inept :lol:
Given he is good as a DM I just want it sorted, especially as we seemingly are incapable of finding anyone else to fill that role (or watched as everyone else got taken).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Given he is good as a DM I just want it sorted, especially as we seemingly are incapable of finding anyone else to fill that role (or watched as everyone else got taken).
So you want us just to give him whatever wage he wants and not learn from previous mistakes.

This place is confusing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His mum even has that look about her which lives up to her battle axe reputation :lol:.
She looks like these mums at the park who tells other parents that she will whoop your kid, if you don't discipline him.

redcucumber

Why did he play upfront and what does that have to do with James Garner not being ready?
He played Eriksen upfront cos he's probably still getting used to the players at his disposal? Unless you expect him to play Eriksen upfront every game and continue with McFred because he did so in one game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So you want us just to give him whatever wage he wants and not learn from previous mistakes.

This place is confusing.
I want a DM. Give him a 3 year contract. Wages, of course should be reasonable but how can we not convince him to accept reasonable wages? Our negotiation team needs to really improve in convincing players to join. Its not all about the money being offered. We're seemingly failing with Frenkie and anyone else we're targeting.

Strootman's Finger

He isn't a DM, he's more of an 8

M16Red

Just got rid of one, don't really want another clown. or player with a mother as a clown.

Glorio

I really don't want him, and I don't think the club are so keen as to pay him silly wages.

red_de_pologne

Fans get too hung up on wages. We were paying Henderson, Mata and Lingard around £100k/week each to sit on the bench, Matic was also on £and Pogba and Cavani combined £500k to be injured.

This guy is a clear upgrade to our midfield and

If true, that’s good. Offer him what we feel he is worth, maybe some incentives as well and take it or leave it.

We need to get back to having players here who want to play for us, they’ll always be paid well but not over the odds.
Did you change your mind halfway through writing a post :lol: :lol:

Lyng

Completely forgot about this guy. Wasn't he tipped for great things a few years ago? Seems to have dropped off the radar, and Bayern didn't go for him so must not've been all that
Bayern have a fantastic midfield. He would not be guaranteed starting time there. He would still be a monumental upgrade for us though.

aeh1991

Can we back off now? There are plenty of better midfielders that are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.