Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyoji-Utd

Stats are used for analysing said players with the eyes of the scouts and other contexts related. We cant simply go get the stats and said that players are not good.

jamesjimmybyrondean

As has been said, Rabiot played in a possession based team for Psg which helped his passing stats. We are not a possession based team. I reckon his passing stats will be closer to his stats at Juve if we get him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His mother transfered him from PSG to Juve because "his son needs to play closer to goal".
Not really, not only she didn't "transfer" him but the reason had nothing to do with tactics.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When he was going from Psg she said in one interview that his son must play in advanced role.
Maybe it was bs story.
The reason Rabiot decided to leave was because he couldn't find a financial agreement with PSG, he wanted to be paid like a starter since he was a starter and PSG wanted to pay him less as they have tried to do with all their homegrown players who all eventually decide to leave. The story around Rabiot position isn't really about playing in advanced position but playing as a box to box instead of exclusively being a defensive midfielder, for PSG he was alternating between both positions which by most accounts was fine with him and it's also what he has done with Juventus.

Idxomer

I think this is done but I wouldn't be a fan of the signing if he's the only midfielder we bring in.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Eriksen, Rabiot, Fred Casemiro and Bruno. Good options but age would be a factor in an year or two. I do hope we try some younger players too.

daba

Can’t see us doing it unless ETH decided to go full Football Manager, but this would be the dream:

In: Rabiot (free - 5m signing on fee), Kudus (25 + Donny) and Caicedo (80m)

Out: Donny (part exchange as above or 15m), Fred (15m), McTominay (25m), Sabitzer (don’t extend), Iqbal (loan), Hannibal (loan or sell for 10m with buyback option).

Leaving us with: Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rabiot, Kudus, Caicedo, Mainoo

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can’t see us doing it unless ETH decided to go full Football Manager, but this would be the dream:

In: Rabiot (free - 5m signing on fee), Kudus (25 + Donny) and Caicedo (80m)

Out: Donny (part exchange as above or 15m), Fred (15m), McTominay (25m), Sabitzer (don’t extend), Iqbal (loan), Hannibal (loan or sell for 10m with buyback option).

Leaving us with: Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rabiot, Kudus, Caicedo, Mainoo
This is what I would do, with alternatives for Caideco (incase of competition)

RepublicOnEdge

Rabiot makes a lot of sense from a squad building point of view, especially considering we may not have the new takeover investment ready for this summer.

I can see him being our main no. 8 signing if that's the case as we will likely not have the funds to cover a new world class ST and new world class CM.

Not the worst thing as he can also deputise for Casemiro at 6 when needed so he gives us more robust rotation options as well as improving our first choice midfield.

croadyman

I think this is done but I wouldn't be a fan of the signing if he's the only midfielder we bring in.
Yeah we definitely need to bring in a playmaker too,ideally someone in the Caicedo/Rice too but can't afford 3 midfielders

davidmichael

Who’s the better player out of him and sabitzer?
Completely different players, it would be like saying who was better between Keane and Scholes 20 years ago as they’re completely different midfielders.

What we get in Rabiot is a hybrid of Casemiro and Eriksen although not as good as either of them, that said he could play alongside either of them and cover for both men at a high standard so on a free is a no brainer.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Who’s the better player out of him and sabitzer?
He's potentially twice the player Sabitzer is.

Rabiot is powerful, is aggressive, is very very good technically.

Nevertheless, he's lazy and always has this tendancy to look at him during the games (a bit like Martial, so potentially this is a French thing), but he's a very good player.

Depending on the wages, but I would sign him and start him next to Casemiro if we can' have the Barcelona player

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Neither is good enough. Are Liverpool and City trying to sign either of those players?
Why would city when they don’t need to? Liverpool need midfielders but probably he won’t fit into their style. If he’s better then what we’ve got them we go for him for rotation option. Just as a reminder, city was interested in Fred and Maguire. We signed them and they turned into crap. Depends on the manager and if he can improve current players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's potentially twice the player Sabitzer is.

Rabiot is powerful, is aggressive, is very very good technically.

Nevertheless, he's lazy and always has this tendancy to look at him during the games (a bit like Martial, so potentially this is a French thing), but he's a very good player.

Depending on the wages, but I would sign him and start him next to Casemiro if we can' have the Barcelona player
If anything Rabiot isn’t lazy. He has high work rate, quick, can win tackles, strong, and has good technique that allows him to do carry the ball.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lazy in the sense that he can do even more and usually stays in his comfort zone.
No one call that lazy because for example, McTominay tends to hide because he wants to be in his comfort zone by not giving an option for a pass, which he should have done more. No one call mctominay lazy in that sense.

Strootman's Finger

Why would city when they don’t need to? Liverpool need midfielders but probably he won’t fit into their style. If he’s better then what we’ve got them we go for him for rotation option. Just as a reminder, city was interested in Fred and Maguire. We signed them and they turned into crap. Depends on the manager and if he can improve current players.
This is not a winning mentality.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
No one call that lazy because for example, McTominay tends to hide because he wants to be in his comfort zone by not giving an option for a pass, which he should have done more. No one call mctominay lazy in that sense.
Mc Tominay is not lazy, he's afraid to take the ball because he knows that he can't do.

Rabiot can do much more than what he does at the moment and that's why I call him lazy.

He is tall, can head the ball but doesn't want.

He's powerful and pretty quick, but refuses to defend as much as he should do (when he was forced to do this during the world cup he was pretty good)

He is a very good passer of the ball and someone that can control the ball, but tends to hide sometimes.

colombianmancunian

Rabiot on a free is a no brainer. Can alternate with both Casemiro and Eriksen and is a superior player to Sabitzer.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Agresti is one of the better journalists if we are talking about Juventus, right?

Would be a smart move from United.
Step up on Fred / McTominay / Donny. Old enough to not stop the progression of say a Mainoo or Iqbal. World Cup winner, plenty of Champions League appearances, understands big club pressure. If he comes in with one of Amad / Hannibal deemed good enough for first time rotation with a few shipping out, then no issue with him on a free.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been Juve's best player this season, hasn't he? Not necessarily saying much though.

On a free with non-absurd wages, it could be a good deal.

jesperjaap

Cant deny part of the reason I dont want him is the press stories abotu his personality and one of those players jsut dont like the look off. Ficke I suppose, but also have to consider the effect he could have on the dressing room if ther eis truth within the stories.

But what I would say, I dont see people saying they want to sign him as he is a brilliant player that improves our first eleven, which what we essentially need. He is obviously a good player, you dont start for France with the players they have if you arent, so I get some people saying he is being under rated....but "improves on what we have" "improves the squad""gives us options in a couple of midfield areas".....only the last point is a positive for me.

Improves on what we have?....Lets be honest McFred havent been good enough, VDB has been one of the worst signings we have ever made and Eriksens performances and effect on our side has been over valued, the guy has 6 out of 10 in the plaer performance thread and that for me is about right and he looked weaker the further the season went on, actually think his legs have gone now.....there are literally dozens of players improve on what we have, we are super weak in terms of a number 8.

Improvs the squad. I dont disagree with this, but everybody is saying as a second midfield signing, we need two strikers, a first choice cm and a second choice CB as far bigger priorities and a couple of other positions too. I think Mainoo has a big chance of breaking through as well next season and we also have Hannibal. Still much more on the side of some of the talented young midfielders in Europe, Rabiot may be ahead of them at the moment but in terms of hunger and log term planning I would much rather we go down that route than Rabiot

jesperjaap

This brings me back to the January we signed Bruno. So much talk of how bad his passing was.
Lets be honest, bar the firs season and second half of this season, a lot of the time it has been. Get he is a productive player, but there have been a lot of pretty long periods he has been so wasteful, its been pleaseing to see a bit more consistency in hsi game the alst six months again

Status
Not open for further replies.