Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

I can't imagine he'd come here to sit on the bench, because that's ptretty much what he'd be doing, assuming we signed Mount, too.

What we need is a player who can deputise for Casemiro, whilst also having the ability to play as an 8, especially when having to solidify our team/see out games.

As it stands, we have McTominay for that role, who I'd be happy with next season. Rabiot would also suit that role, but as I said, I can't imagine he'd be happy with back up. Other players who would suit that role could be Sangare and Neves.

That said, if he does come, then I think it'll be:

Bruno/Rabiot Mount/Eriksen
Casemiro/Rabiot​

He'd be a player you can bring on to solidify the midfield but we could also start him in many games, whether it be the 6 or 8.

If not, then ten Hag will probably keep McTominay to fulfill that role.

Last edited:

Kingslayer18

Le Fée seems to be a bigger gamble, I wouldn't mind it because I assume that he would be far cheaper and could allow us to definitely bring a striker and a new goalkeeper. That's why I had Thuram as an alternative but Le Fée from what I have seen is a technically solid player though athletically I don't know if I would trust him in a two men midfield, he is quite small.

Yes, I also have some slight doubts about his physicality but Marco Veratti is 1.65m, shorter than Enzo Le Fee and seems to cope fine. Plus if he can handle the physicality in Ligue 1, should be a good proxy for his ability to handle the physicality in the premier league. He would be a gamble but an inexpensive one so probably worth taking, as he does have some good upside. I would not be averse to bringing him in with Rabiot or him and Caicedo would also be a good combination to bring in instead of Rabiot and Mount.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
That's his bread and butter. The issue is if you expect him to act like Xabi Alonso and attempt an incisive pass(he can but likely won't), he is more likely to carry the ball or make a low risk pass.
We get it, mrs. Rabiot, your son is amazing at everything in every position in any sport. Can you and him pick another team though? I'm sure there's a big line for his signature.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We get it, mrs. Rabiot, your son is amazing at everything in every position in any sport. Can you and him pick another team though? I'm sure there's a big line for his signature.
Hurt feelings? :lol:

Xaviboy

I think he is back up to Mount deal. If Chelsea don't budge with fee, think we will walk away and bring Rabiot in.

croadyman

I think he is back up to Mount deal. If Chelsea don't budge with fee, think we will walk away and bring Rabiot in.
Surely you don't think we only sign 1 midfielder,would be very concerned indeed if that was the case. That is not any kind of positive start to rebuild in that area at all

Xaviboy

Surely you don't think we only sign 1 midfielder,would be very concerned indeed if that was the case. That is not any kind of positive start to rebuild in that area at all
No we do need another midfielder 100% buy if Mount does come in we need a midfielder to fill in for Casemiro when not available. He will be suspended or injured for games next season so we need a 6 who can step in.

Midfield of Mount, Eriksen and Rabiot won't work I don't think. Lack bit of aggression or break up play.

croadyman

No we do need another midfielder 100% buy if Mount does come in we need a midfielder to fill in for Casemiro when not available. He will be suspended or injured for games next season so we need a 6 who can step in.

Midfield of Mount, Eriksen and Rabiot won't work I don't think. Lack bit of aggression or break up play.
Doesn't @JPRouve say that Rabiot is capable of stepping in as a 6. I agree it would be better if we could get someone who is naturally suited to the position though

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
That's his bread and butter. The issue is if you expect him to act like Xabi Alonso and attempt an incisive pass(he can but likely won't), he is more likely to carry the ball or make a low risk pass.
That makes me feel better. Mount doesn't do this which is why I'm lukewarm on his signing.

If Rabiot can effectively make plays from deep I say sign him up.

Highfather_24

Out of curiosity what is the base of that take? You are talking about a very disciplined player, there isn't really a moment in his career where tactical discipline wasn't a strength, he is a strong tackler and has good positioning.
Interceptions percentile against other midfielders :

Rabiot : 37 percentile
Casemiro : 83 percentile

Goes to show imo, the Casemiro is much better shielder, more akin to Carrick, than say Rabiot who excels when given a bit more freedom, like say a Darren Fletcher.

JPRouve

Scout
Interceptions percentile against other midfielders :

Rabiot : 37 percentile
Casemiro : 83 percentile

Goes to show imo, the Casemiro is much better shielder, more akin to Carrick, than say Rabiot who excels when given a bit more freedom, like say a Darren Fletcher.
I don't really know where the comparison with Casemiro comes from, Casemiro is a better player. But beyond that Rabiot and Casemiro have been used differently this season and that's not how you stats anyway, what you just did tells you nothing about a player ability to play as a six, otherwise:

Interceptions percentile against other midfielders:

Rodri: 48 percentiles
Casemiro: 90 percentiles

Tarrou

Casemiro #6
Rabiot #8
Eriksen #8/10
Mount #10
Bruno #10

This is unbalanced.

We need a Casemiro deputy, not another functional #8 like Fred/McT.
Rabiot is much more competent at covering the 6 position than either of McFred so I think it works - his positioning and game intelligence is much better

mounts preferred position is 8 also

Highfather_24

I don't really know where the comparison with Casemiro comes from, Casemiro is a better player. But beyond that Rabiot and Casemiro have been used differently this season and that's not how you stats anyway, what you just did tells you nothing about a player ability to play as a six, otherwise:
Fair enough, perhaps there isnt really a perfect stat to measure that.

Still think a midfield three of Rabiot-Mount-Bruno would just not work in the PL. Would get overrun. Would love to be proved wrong, but nah, that midfield is not balanced at all. Now if there was a Veratti in place of Mount there, sure.

mounts preferred position is 8 also
I wouldnt take too much stock in that, Grealish said the same and he is used on the left wing for city. Mount has mostly been used as an attacking third player.

JPRouve

Scout
Fair enough, perhaps there isnt really a perfect stat to measure that.

Still think a midfield three of Rabiot-Mount-Bruno would just not work in the PL. Would get overrun. Would love to be proved wrong, but nah, that midfield is not balanced at all. Now if there was a Veratti in place of Mount there, sure.
If that midfield was overrun it could be due to Bruno but even then Bruno is a hard worker. Both Rabiot and Mount have shown repeatedly that they are good to very good defenders.

Also just for fun this is Partey, Xhaka and Odegaard respective percentiles this season when it comes to interceptions, 51th, 6th and 1th.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Casemiro #6
Rabiot #8
Eriksen #8/10
Mount #10
Bruno #10

This is unbalanced.

We need a Casemiro deputy, not another functional #8 like Fred/McT.
Rabiot is 6/8, mount and Bruno are 8/10.
In a counter pressing 433 with 1 holding and 2 roaming 8/10's, it works fine.

Zed 101

Cannot say I am keen on players who bring drama, but on a free when we need to balance FFP and bulk up our squad it would be a no brainer depending on signing fee and wages

criticalanalysis

Would be quietly excited for this transfer if it happens.

We would finally have an athletic and technically capable consistent (type) midfielder. He would pair very well with Casemiro imo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He has height to help with set pieces on both ends also. As long as he's not into stupid wage, it's just no brainer upgrading from McTom - Fred to a player like Rabiot. He'll give at least 3 years breathing room to further improve our midfield.

Sanche7

Kim, Caicedo, Rabiot, Rasmus Højlund and keeper would be a near perfect transfer window. Add Kane to that and it would be beyond perfect. Not going to happen, but one can dream.

RopersReturn

We’d be mad to pass up the opportunity of signing him on a free. The fact that he has so much experience and is a versatile attacking midfielder, as well as able to track back, would suit us perfectly.

Irwin99

We need more 8s
I think he'll be performing Fred's role in tougher games by helping Casemiro out and getting tackles/interceptions in. I thought he played very well for France in the World Cup in that role.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Will give us more depth. He's a player to make a midfield more balanced. Despite Juve's subpar season, he probably played his best football so far in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.