AFC Asian cup 2019

MDFC Manager

Looks like comfortably the biggest crowd of the tournament so far.

Hopefully we can eke out an unlikely draw.

MDFC Manager

Jhingan, good chance:mad:

Ashique should have scored there ffs :mad:

Another chance, can't believe what I'm seeing :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Another golden chance missed ffs.

Hanks

With India missing all these changes, you just know UAE will somehow end up winning this late second half :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Incredibly unlucky today. Could have scored 5 on a lucky day, would have scored atleast 3 on a normal day. But it just wasn't to be

RochaRoja

Gutted for India, so unlucky.

Now just hoping for a permutation where both they and Thailand can go through.

I'm weirdly confident about the Philippines tonight. China were unconvincing in their first match and we did much better against Korea than I expected.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Austrailia looking ok today. Totally in control. But seeing matt ryan reminds ne that son isnt out there yet, why is this?

Giggsyking

I heard Mourinho is going to be pundit in Bein sports on saturday matches, next week he will be pundit on EPL matches.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Back to the good stuff today. First game was good, the furst half if this one has been really entertaining. I think phillipnes are unlucky to be going in behind

Mick321

Would like to see Wu Lei get a decent move to Europe. Not sure if it’ll happen as I’d imagine he’s well paid but he’s definitely got quality and certainly doesn’t look badly inferior when he’s on the pitch with Oscar, Hulk etc, infact he often looks the best player.

Hanks

China stacking up their GD could be key here. Korea now has to match that vs. Kyrgyzstan, or they'll go to the final matchday needing to beat China to top the group.

I also really doubt Bento will risk Son on Sunday vs. China, only 48 hours after an intense premier league match.

That would complicate the brackets. It sounds about right though, as it'll give us a likely Iran vs. South Korea clash in quarter-finals and god knows how many times this game has happened in QF of Asian Cup:

1996: Iran 6-2 Korea
2000: Korea 2-1 Iran (a.e.t)
2004: Iran 4-3 Korea
2007: Korea 0-0 Iran (Korea wins in penalties)
2011: Korea 1-0 Iran (a.e.t)

For 5 tournaments in a row across 15 years, Iran and Korea played each other in QF of this cup :lol: ... 2015 was an anomaly year that it didn't happen, but looks like we're back on track. Yep, that's what is happening. The footballing gods have spoken.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
They really miss him. I went korea - 2 today. It should have been about 5-0. FML
Some incredible misses today. Even when he plays they struggle to actually score, incredibly non-clinical side. Remember watching them struggle v Bolivia reserves. They just need to get through the ‘easy’ games when teams sit back and they will be a threat against the harder sides.