AFCON Egypt 2019

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
in an Arsenal Shirt it wouldn't be a goal.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
Very very fortunate to have been in the stadium to see Nigeria Vs Cameroon. Good seats too, VIP right behind the Cameroon bench. Absolutly star struck by Seedorf and Kluivert. Kluivert seems like a studious type, fiddling with his laptop most of the time. Etoo regularly saluted the crowd and managed to get a selfie with Kanu. Not to mention it was an amazing game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ha cheers. He's had a Hodgson esque nomadic career abroad, managed South Africa (twice), Finland, Helsingborgs, Lyn Oslo, Vissel Kobe, Vitoria Setubal and Genclerbigli in his 35 year managerial career.

el3mel

I'm getting full Brazil 2014 vibe from this team. It's going to end badly at one point. Our GK is the only reason we haven't conceded a goal in this tournament so far.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I'm getting full Brazil 2014 vibe from this team. It's going to end badly at one point. Our GK is the only reason we haven't conceded a goal in this tournament so far.
Did you guys even qualify for Brazil? Or you referring to your 7 goal 1st leg playoff loss to Ghana?

Sigh them good times.

el3mel

Did you guys even qualify for Brazil? Or you referring to your 7 goal 1st leg playoff loss to Ghana?

Sigh them good times.
I mean what happened to Brazil in WC 2014 on their pitch, kept winning with unconvincing performance till they lost 7-0 eventually.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’d say we’ve been well on top thus far, haven’t we @el3mel ?

Fully still expect an Egypt win though. They can only improve in the second half. And we’re not capitalizing on a few half chances.

el3mel

I’d say we’ve been well on top thus far, haven’t we @el3mel ?

Fully still expect an Egypt win though. They can only improve in the second half. And we’re not capitalizing on a few half chances.
You have been far better.

That's an absolutely terrible performance so far. Our GK is the only standout player. Will need to improve massively in second half.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
South Africa (who qualified 3rd of their group!) playing much better than I expected, going toe to toe with Egypt. They look quite dangerous each time they go forward. @el3mel I fully understand your worry. Egypt haven’t looked most convincing.

el3mel

Honestly how the feck is Nenny playing with Arsenal ? I don't get this. One of the worst midfielders I have seen starting for us. The midfield is non existent with him around. So this guy plays in Arsenal and someone like Ahmed Hassan couldn't manage anything better than Anderlecht, unbelievable stuff. Football is unfair.

el3mel

South Africa (who qualified 3rd of their group!) playing much better than I expected, going toe to toe with Egypt. They look quite dangerous each time they go forward. @el3mel I fully understand your worry. Egypt haven’t looked most convincing.
Really don't like the current generation much tbh. Too much centralized about Salah and the rest of the team is mostly poor. Still think we'll win eventually today though, but will need a miracle to reach the final.

el3mel

Seems so strange to me to have an Egyptian called Trezeguet. Is he from a French background?
It's a nickname. His name is Mahmoud Hassan.

An Egyptian youth team coach nicknamed several players like this. Bechkam, Trezeguet, Benzema, Nedved etc.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's a nickname. His name is Mahmoud Hassan.

An Egyptian youth team coach nicknamed several players like this. Bechkam, Trezeguet, Benzema, Nedved etc.
And he gets to put that on his shirt?

I wish we allowed nickname like that in England. "Slabhead" on a shirt would be incredible.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Aren't a lot of Brazilian names just nicknames? I'm not convinced Everton was granted at birth
100% yes. Hulk for example.

It's a strange one. I remember Hasselbaink wanted "Jimmy" on his shirt but was not allowed (Jimmy is a nickname, not his first name).

Brazilians get a pass to have whatever they want.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aren't a lot of Brazilian names just nicknames? I'm not convinced Everton was granted at birth
Yep. Spanish too.

Start a campaign to get everybody to commonly refer to him as Slabhead instead of his name, and it will be possible :D