AFCON Egypt 2019

Member 90887

I would tend to disagree with both of you. Besides the calls for which the VAR assistants could have intervened, I think the ref is handling the game quite well. Even without dishing out loads of cards, he is controlling the players alright. Some of the arguable calls you both noted are definitely arguable, like the penalty not awarded for the ball kicked out almost together by the Algerian defender and Senegalese striker. The refereeing hasn’t been as controversial as you both make it seem.
There were a lot of actions deserving of yellows.

The Mane one is a big one that could have changed the game. He elbowed the Algerian player just for the sake of doing it. That alone would have changed the game.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
You can't put your hands closer to your body.

Member 90887

That's definitly not a pen. It would be a disgrace if he gave it.

Member 90887

At least VAR worked...

No penalty. His arms were behind his body, he couldn't do anything about that.

Member 90887

How is that not a free kick haha. He didn't even try to play the ball. Mane was so far from the ball.

It looks like Mane can't get a yellow.

Member 90887

What the hell is this? Why can't he get in?

Edit : Haha, the shorts. Algeria is still playing with 10 players.

Member 90887

What the hell is that haha, what's wrong with this ref? That's a clear freekick for the Algeria number 9 a'd à yellow.

Member 90887

Senegal going offensive with a second attacker. Algeria responding with an additional defender.

el3mel

Why are Senegal forwards really that terrible? They have been attacking for the majority of the game but still don't look like scoring.

Member 90887

What a dumb way of playing it. Senegal had a good chance there.

Member 90887

How can you spend the whole game attacking and not trouble the Algerian GK once....

Senegal are toothless in attack.

Member 90887

What a dumb handball from Guedioura there. Extremely dumb. Freekick to Senegal.

el3mel

Congrats Algeria. The most deserved Champions I have seen for a long time now. Were great in the entire tournament.