AFCON Egypt 2019

Rinnegan240

Nigeria fan here.

Seeing as this is now a regional matchup (North Africa vs West Africa) I really hope for reasonable match officiating. Don't want to put on my tin foil hat here.

While we possess probably the most balanced midfield in the competition, we do have a defence prone to brainfarts and a 'keeper' who is in essence a goal post prop.

I really hope Musa and Ighalo bring their A game to the pitch and we'd look to hit them on rapid counterattacks as they have pretty aerially dominant center backs.

Adam Ounas is a handful though. Need to keep him under close watch.

Member 90887

Nigeria fan here.

Seeing as this is now a regional matchup (North Africa vs West Africa) I really hope for reasonable match officiating. Don't want to put on my tin foil hat here.

While we possess probably the most balanced midfield in the competition, we do have a defence prone to brainfarts and a 'keeper' who is in essence a goal post prop.

I really hope Musa and Ighalo bring their A game to the pitch and we'd look to hit them on rapid counterattacks as they have pretty aerially dominant center backs.

Adam Ounas is a handful though. Need to keep him under close watch.
He's a back up to Mahrez, won't play more than 20 minutes.

The officiating has been good. There's no reason it shouldn't continue. Var is working Okay i guess. there were some misses but that's normal.

I think that you have an advantage over them. having played one day before and arguably against an easy opponent + them playing 30 more minutes in their game.

The Senegal - Tunisia game is more straightforward. It'll be a Senegal win for sure.

el3mel

He's a back up to Mahrez, won't play more than 20 minutes.

The officiating has been good. There's no reason it shouldn't continue. Var is working Okay i guess. there were some misses but that's normal.

I think that you have an advantage over them. having played one day before and arguably against an easy opponent + them playing 30 more minutes in their game.

The Senegal - Tunisia game is more straightforward. It'll be a Senegal win for sure.
TBF with Tunisia you never know. They're usually lucky as hell so anything can happen. Senegal is favorites, but I won't say it's a sure win.

Member 90887

TBF with Tunisia you never know. They're usually lucky as hell so anything can happen. Senegal is favorites, but I won't say it's a sure win.
Well, it's knock-out games, so I agree that you never know. Senegal are heavy favorite though.

Let's see, it's just in 3 days.

el3mel

Tunisia - Senegal playing the first semi final now. 35 minutes in, still 0-0.

Member 90887

When you see this first half, you'd think that the winner here would be destroyed by Nigeria or Algeria in the final.

Senegal, for all the good players they have, are not up to their favourite status. They don't really look like a team and they bank a lot on their individual talent.

Edit: destroyed is a big word.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Mbaye Diagne in for Mbaye Niang

I just took a look at Diagne and didn't realise that he was at Juventus once upon a time. He also has an excellent scoring record throughout his career.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The ref is very suspect, he doesn't wanna book either teams
Does the AFCON have yellow-card suspensions for finals? If not, then I can't explain his approach with much other than to keep the game's competitiveness and intensity up. Even then, it's not like yellows can dampen the match's intensity.

Rinnegan240

Seems both teams are determined to lose this game. Comedy of errors on display here.

Member 90887

I'm okay with that decision (after giving the penalty). It's the fact that he's flying out yellows after this that irks me.
Completly agree with that. There were multiple occasion where he should have given yellows that he completely discarded.