AFCON Egypt 2019

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Senegal have brought on a defender, Salif Sané, for the defensive midfielder, Badou N'Diaye. Looks like they're looking to add protection at the back to allow the full backs to push forward.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Both sides have created so many opportunities but kept fluffing them. Regardless, this has been quite an entertaining match.

Member 90887

Both sides have created so many opportunities but kept fluffing them. Regardless, this has been quite an entertaining match.
Second half was definitly in favour of the Tunisians. They missed multiple chances.

The first half was Senegal.

Balanced game overall.

Member 90887

Big error.
Senegal 1-0 Tunisia.
Own goal. What a dumb goal to concede.

Nigel Refalo

Corruption reigns in Africa, a clear penalty ruled out by VAR

Last edited by a moderator:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I feel for Alain Giresse. He did such a great job to get this Tunisia team so close to the final. They easily could have made it to the final were it not for the players choking on the occasion.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
In the words of Nigerianscamssss on twitter, that game went full AFCON :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Right, after watching the Tennis and the end of the Cricket, this game better be great!

Aina and Mikel on the bench for the Super Eagles? Pfft! All down to Omeruo, who I think might be Chelsea's longest serving player.

Member 90887

This game is gonna be good.

No Attal for the Algerians. Big miss.

Member 90887

We tried the keeper of Algeria a few years back, he trained with us as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bennacer's barely been involved in the match. Most of Algeria's best attacks have come from the long diagonal switches out to Belaili on the left wing.

Member 90887

O_O What a miss! Header from a few meters of the goal.

This Algerian team is gonna regret those misses.

Last edited by a moderator:

el3mel

How many own goals have Tunisia conceded in this tournament? I can count 3 for now, so stupid.

Member 90887

1-0. Algeria.

It was just a matter of time.

Excellent work from Mahrez.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think that's the first time Etebo won a battle in the midfield against one of Mahrez and Feghouli. Other than that, the fluid Algerian midfield has caused Nigeria lots of problems, and they're only in this game because of Algeria's sloppy through passes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think that's the first time Etebo won a battle in the midfield against one of Mahrez and Feghouli. Other than that, the fluid Algerian midfield has caused Nigeria lots of problems, and they're only in this game because of Algeria's sloppy through passes.
Well, I guess this is how far back I am.

el3mel

Algeria are way too strong.

I wanted Senegal to win it for Sadio Mane but Algeria deserve this. It will be a waste for such generation to not win it.

Member 90887

It still baffles me how we didn't go for Mahrez. He would have been the perfect signing for our right side and he was perfectly attainable.

Member 90887

Algeria are way too strong.

I wanted Senegal to win it for Sadio Mane but Algeria deserve this. It will be a waste for such generation to not win it.
Yeah, and Senegal have been all but deserving. They were disappointing in almost all their games.

Member 90887

This Nigerian team has been toothless. They should do better with the attacker they have.

el3mel

Yeah, and Senegal have been all but deserving. They were disappointing in almost all their games.
They are efficient but they definitely didn't play even half the entertaining football Algeria played. I said since their group stage games that with their quality, they are very boring to watch, efficient, but boring.

Member 90887

They are efficient but they definitely didn't play even half the entertaining football Algeria played. I said since their group stage games that with their quality, they are very boring to watch, efficient, but boring.
Yeah. Completely agree with that.

In some games, I'd say that it was more luck than efficiency. Today for example, if Tunisia didn't choke they'd have put them out.

Member 90887

They are mad, one of them killed a mother and gravely injured a baby because he was too busy celebrating while driving.
That's a bit harsh, I remember a few people were killed in France's celebration after the world cup.
They are no different to many football fans. You have dumb people everywhere.