AFCON Egypt 2019

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Algeria have been the better side so far. Nigeria's midfield has had a tough time containing Algeria's. Rohr took a risk with not having Musa and Chukwueze track back. That's causing them problems as Etebo gets pulled all over the place and Iwobi struggles to take a good defensive position. They're getting away with the fact that it's only 1-0 to Algeria. Mahrez and Feghouli haven't been at their best, and whilst both haven't been that bad, both have been sloppy with their through passes.

Bennacer needs to get more of the ball. I'm surprised that they haven't gone through him more often. Most of Algeria's attacks have been long balls to Bounedjah or Belaili. On the occasions that they've gone through the midfield, they've been more of a threat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a bit harsh, I remember a few people were killed in France's celebration after the world cup.
They are no different to many football fans. You have dumb people everywhere.
You made a strange assumption here. We are talking about the football fans that are going to go crazy tonight, nothing else.

Member 90887

You made a strange assumption here. We are talking about the football fans that are going to go crazy tonight, nothing else.
I assumed nothing haha. I'm talking about the football fans in here as well.

I was mainly reacting to mentioning a specific incident. Similar incidents happen all the time during celebrations.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Etebo and Ndidi are too conservative of a midfield I think. A younger Mikel would have been excellent. We've gotten away with it so far but Algeria are of a different caliber

JPRouve

Scout
I assumed nothing haha. I'm talking about the football fans in here as well.

I was mainly reacting to mentioning a specific incident. Similar incidents happen all the time during celebrations.
Surely there is nothing harsh in stating that reckless behaviour and the people doing them are mad? The existence of similar incidents is irrelevant and doesn't make it less crazy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Etebo and Ndidi are too conservative of a midfield I think. A younger Mikel would have been excellent. We've gotten away with it so far but Algeria are of a different caliber
At least Nigeria are getting more of the ball now. Iwobi and Musa are starting to drift around more, giving more space and time to Ndidi and Etebo.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They are mad, one of them killed a mother and gravely injured a baby because he was too busy celebrating while driving.
This story was debunked. It was an idiot speeding that had nothing to do with the celebrations. He wasn't even algerian.

Member 90887

Surely there is nothing harsh in stating that reckless behaviour and the people doing them are mad? The existence of similar incidents is irrelevant and doesn't make it less crazy.
It is crazy, yes, people doing them are mad, of course and reckless. I completely agree with these points. I'm just saying that mentioning it like that is akin to what the media does, focusing on single incidents that paint a certain picture even if it's not representative of the reality.

I'm sure you didn't mean it like that and I'm probably 'overreacting'. I guess that watching too much US news makes you paranoid like that.

Member 90887

This story was debunked. It was an idiot speeding that had nothing to do with the celebrations. He wasn't even algerian.
Yes, he was morrocan and he had nothing to do with the celebrations.

JPRouve

Scout
I didn't give any nationality and the debunking by his family states that he was trying to leave the place of celebrations. It happened just near me, they were going mental on the roads, many people were speeding.

Member 90887

It'd be a harsh pen, since the player in front of him was covering the ball.BBut it wouldn't be unfair. Let's see if he gives a penalty.

Member 90887

Algeria have itself to blame. They should have taken their chances.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Algeria have this tendency to switch off, it's gonna cost them the cup. Would be infuriating, they've been levels above everyone else

Member 90887

Algeria should put Ounas in. And get their 9 out for Slimani or Andy delort.

Member 90887

Algeria have this tendency to switch off, it's gonna cost them the cup. Would be infuriating, they've been levels above everyone else
Yeah, they were in control, Nigeria didn't look like scoring at all. And that lapse of concentration cost them. If they don't wake up they'll regret it.

Member 90887

The extra time they had to play + the day of rest they had less than Nigeria is starting to show here. They're starting to get tired.

Member 90887

Mahrez has been selfish there. He should have taken the shot, the goal was open for him.

Member 90887

Freekick in the 18 line for the Algerian team, let's see if they make anything of it.