AFCON Egypt 2019

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Algeria :lol: they switch off because it would be too easy otherwise :lol:

el3mel

Mahrez and Sadio Mane playing each other on the African player of the year in the final. I like this, serves Salah right I guess, and yeah I'm the one saying this.

Member 90887

Well deserved. Nigeria was kept out of it for the whole game.

A rematch between Senegal and Algeria in the final.

freeurmind

weak willed
People have been complaining about the quality but Ive thoroughly enjoyed this tournament.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Second game in a row where algeria lets their opponents back into the game then go into feck you mode and proceed to carve them up at will. Last time the last gasp fk went inches off the post :lol:

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Algeria should be strong favourites for the final. Mane and Senegal haven’t been outstanding at all so far and would need to lift their game up a notch or two in order to trouble this Algeria. We should also get a much better crowd and a cracking atmosphere for the finals, with the Algerian fans. I predict Algeria to win their second trophy and Senegal to continue their long wait for a first trophy.

freeurmind

weak willed
Quality has been great for the most part. My only complaint is the amount of empty seats, not a good look for CAF
True though the fact that the host country had to be changed and the obvious travel and economic issues on the continent should be taken into account. CAF probably should have given away tickets for the semis to fill up the stadiums.

Basso

What's up with the final being played the 19th july. Final should be played no later than the 2nd weekend of july!

4 weeks holiday for Mane coming up :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What's up with the final being played the 19th july. Final should be played no later than the 2nd weekend of july!

4 weeks holiday for Mane coming up :)
Has this thing got to the final? At fecking last. Mane had to get there. :rolleyes: At least Salah gets some semblance of rest .

Member 90887

Has this thing got to the final? At fecking last. Mane had to get there. :rolleyes: At least Salah gets some semblance of rest .
He was extremely s*** throught the tournament. more so, lucky to get there.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He was extremely s*** throught the tournament. more so, lucky to get there.
If you're talking about Salah then he's had a very sub par season. Not surprised he's carried that into the AFCON. Him and Mane need a holiday until October. :(

Hopefully Ox remains injury free this season and Brewster saves us a billion. :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If you're talking about Salah then he's had a very sub par season. Not surprised he's carried that into the AFCON. Him and Mane need a holiday until October. :(

Hopefully Ox remains injury free this season and Brewster saves us a billion. :D
He's talking about Mane. Who's having a good tournament actually, 'cept for all the missed penalties :lol:

On a related note, who do you guys think has been the player of the tournament so far?

Member 90887

He's talking about Mane. Who's having a good tournament actually, 'cept for all the missed penalties :lol:

On a related note, who do you guys think has been the player of the tournament so far?
Talking about Mane yeah. He's usually way better than what he's delivering in this AFCON. For me he has been subpar and he is lucky to be in the Final.

Rinnegan240

As a top team, I'm a bit disappointed to be watching us play a third place match. Exact same feeling I had when Champions League football was out of reach for United.

el3mel

Tunisia have to be the most underwhelming semi finalist ever. Won only one of their 6 matches and losing the 7th now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Embarrassed to say this is our first game I am watching. Impressed with what I have seen so far.

el3mel

Nigeria won and got third place.

Tunisia 4th with one win out of 7. :lol: