African Cup of Nations 2021 (played in 2022) | Final: Senegal v Egypt, 7 PM UK time

Pintu

Most the pens would have been retaken had he saved them. Comoros' outfield player who was forced to play in goal the other night had more authority than this joker.
Haha this guy?

To be honest most penalties were very well taken. Some seemed unstoppable.

He had a good game but he wasn’t up to the task in the shootout. I think Côte d’Ivoire really suffered from losing Kessié so early in the game.

Supports
Barcelona
Best match from our team in like 5 years, possibly 10!

Considering the players he has, Queiroz did an excellent job today.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
If not for Trezeguet shit finishing we would have won in main time without needing pens.
"Trezeguet" , what an odd name to miss sitters and be an underwhelming player.

Poor David.

minoo-utd

Well fecking done. I don't remember the last time we played such a well rounded competitive game against a top team.
Yes good game by Quiroz tbh. We should have finished it even before extra time had Trezeguet did the job but he was so poor sub IMO.

Pintu

Well you wouldn’t wanna give away a penalty.

Egypt may very well go all the way through again, after barely surviving the group stages
Not sure I’d bet on them. Morocco is next and if they survive that they will meet the host Cameroon.

Sénégal is my favourite and their part of the table got a lot easier thanks to Tunisia knocking out Nigeria.

Chicharo

Not sure I’d bet on them. Morocco is next and if they survive that they will meet the host Cameroon.

Sénégal is my favourite and their part of the table got a lot easier thanks to Tunisia knocking out Nigeria.
Neither would I, but that's exactly why I wrote that. :D They didn't start the tournament well, but yet, they are still there
Cameroon will have to do much better than they did against Comoros if they want to win this.
I agree about Senegal

Supports
Barcelona
Egypt might very well go all the way through again, after barely surviving the group stages
We have a terrible record against Morocco. Histroically, we've beaten them 3 times while they beat us 13! I don't think there is any other team in Africa with such one-sided record against us.

el3mel

Egypt might very well go all the way through again, after barely surviving the group stages
Nah, we would be very exhausted against Morocco, not to mention the injuries are piling up. Physically I don't think we'll be 100%. We're at a disadvantage.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC somewhere praying for a late Ivory Coast heartbreaker
Haven't really been paying attention at all to be honest, but gonna watch it more closely now the QFs get underway. I heard BBC is broadcasting some games live? That would certainly help.

And no, I'm happy for Salah actually, hope he (or Mane with Senegal) can win it all for his country, I know it's important to our African players. Whether he's back now or a week later, so be it. I think we've gone 3 or 4 wins and 1 draw in their absence, wasn't always pretty but we coped better than expected. An AFCON win for Salah would hopefully give him a boost of energy for the rest of the season.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Some shock results in these second round matches. If not for reckless challenges resulting in red cards and bad luck (in the case of Comoros), I feel there might have been a few more surprises.

Based on current form, going by the display in this first knockout round of matches, I’d pick one of the North African sides to go all the way. Tunisia and Egypt had their best performances so far and Morocco have been constant and solid in all their games. Senegal and Cameroon must improve if they intend to reach the finals.

Earvin Johnson

Supports
Fc Barcelona
We have a terrible record against Morocco. Histroically, we've beaten them 3 times while they beat us 13! I don't think there is any other team in Africa with such one-sided record against us.

Well you beat us in 2017 so i wouldn't give much credit to these kind of stats.

Tbh both teams have some glaring deficiencies so it really could go either way, but its gonna be the most entertaining QF for sure.

Supports
Barcelona
Well you beat us in 2017 so i wouldn't give much credit to these kind of stats.

Tbh both teams have some glaring deficiencies so it really could go either way, but its gonna be the most entertaining QF for sure.
Yeah that was one of our three wins.For the other two we have to go back in time to 1986 and 1971! :D

Joking aside, of course such stats mean nothing, but I think you have been one of the most solid teams for the past two or three years. I do hope we win, but if you do, i hope you lift the cup. You're my second favourite in the tournament.

Jonesno.8

With cote d'ivoire now out and an excess of defenders in the squad do we think Bailly might go? rumours about Milan before he left to go out to the tournament.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Cameroon are through to the Semi-finals, they've definitely exceeded expectations so far. Aboubakar and Ekambi their only scorers with 10 goals between them.

Burkina Faso and Tunisia kicking off now...