African Cup of Nations 2021

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
AFCON has been postponed to Jan 2022 due to corona pandemic

freeurmind

weak willed
Only way for it to be fair is if games are scheduled on weekends where club football is taking place and of course Premier League teams are forced to release players for these fixtures.

ShoePolish

Had a quick look on google at wtf is CHAN. It's African Nations Championship, exclusively for players from african leagues, so 2 players pictured in the tweet will take no part in it. Probably in Olympics too. So earliest they'll feck off is 2022, but they'll be almost 30 then, over the hill and highly likely, semi-retired, so we'll have to find another way to beat them.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Had a quick look on google at wtf is CHAN. It's African Nations Championship, exclusively for players from african leagues, so 2 players pictured in the tweet will take no part in it. Probably in Olympics too. So earliest they'll feck off is 2022, but they'll be almost 30 then, over the hill and highly likely, semi-retired, so we'll have to find another way to beat them.
CHAN is Africa's second biggest continental competition. A tournament predicated on players who play domestically in relation to the country they represent. Take Ghana as an example, the likes of Partey, Salisu, Kwadwo Baah wouldn't be permitted as they don't play their trade in Ghana. Therefore, its most likely you'll see players from the likes of Accra Hearts of Oak, Ashanti Gold, Asante Kotoko etc.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Kaizer Chiefs knocked out Wydad to reach the CAFCL (African Champions League) for the first time since its formation. From what I saw, Ngcobo looks like he could potentially be an important player for South Africa in the foreseeable future. It wasn't an easy game for an offensive player to thrive in. As they absorbed the pressure knowing they won the first leg. And yet, he showed maturity in this circumstance. (Was a subtle but necessary showing, unlike Martin Loïc Ako Assomo in Chan 2020 who was more exuberant than subtle ) On two or three occasions Ngcobo's ball control was effortless, and most importantly buying time for his teammates to operate higher up the pitch. Given I don't watch the South African League, it might take awhile for me to see him again, meaning I'll have to wait for him to represent on the international stage. I say that, as although SA had two representatives in the CAFCL they failed in their endeavour to qualify for AFCON 2021. And having looked at the table [AFCON qualifiers] their point tally was respectable. Other teams qualified with the same point tally.

In any case, I maintain that I expect Mali to win AFCON 2021. And now I'll add that I think Burkina Faso will be the surprise element . They may not reach the finish line per se, but I can definitely envisage them being difficult to beat. It wouldn't surprise me if Nasser Djiga (Centre Back Burkina Faso heritage) has a fantastic tournament, and earns himself a move elsewhere. He already demonstrated his potential at AFCON U20, and now its his prerogative to see if he can kick on. And I would love it if Martin Loïc Ako Assomo is in the starting berth of for Cameroon, as his playstyle in his MOTM performance against Zimbabwe really caught my attention in CHAN2020.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Kaizer Chiefs knocked out Wydad to reach the CAFCL (African Champions League) for the first time since its formation. From what I saw, Ngcobo looks like he could potentially be an important player for South Africa in the foreseeable future. It wasn't an easy game for an offensive player to thrive in. As they absorbed the pressure knowing they won the first leg. And yet, he showed maturity in this circumstance. (Was a subtle but necessary showing, unlike Martin Loïc Ako Assomo in Chan 2020 who was more exuberant than subtle ) On two or three occasions Ngcobo's ball control was effortless, and most importantly buying time for his teammates to operate higher up the pitch. Given I don't watch the South African League, it might take awhile for me to see him again, meaning I'll have to wait for him to represent on the international stage. I say that, as although SA had two representatives in the CAFCL they failed in their endeavour to qualify for AFCON 2021. And having looked at the table [AFCON qualifiers] their point tally was respectable. Other teams qualified with the same point tally.

In any case, I maintain that I expect Mali to win AFCON 2021. And now I'll add that I think Burkina Faso will be the surprise element . They may not reach the finish line per se, but I can definitely envisage them being difficult to beat. It wouldn't surprise me if Nasser Djiga (Centre Back Burkina Faso heritage) has a fantastic tournament, and earns himself a move elsewhere. He already demonstrated his potential at AFCON U20, and now its his prerogative to see if he can kick on. And I would love it if Martin Loïc Ako Assomo is in the starting berth of for Cameroon, as his playstyle in his MOTM performance against Zimbabwe really caught my attention in CHAN2020.
Are you a Chiefs fan? I owe my brother their special edition black and gold jersey :lol:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Are you a Chiefs fan? I owe my brother their special edition black and gold jersey :lol:
No. Although I admit to being pleased that they knocked out Wydad, and I want them to win the final against @el3mel's team. The teams I favour in this competition can be seen in these two posts Here and Here. I lean towards the latter, and with three games remaining, they're on course to qualify next season. As for the jersey, you must have quite the impressive outfits as I assume you have the flashy Nigerian one?

@el3mel What do you make of Pitso Mosimane?