Music Afrobeats Thread

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Aane. Ghanaian descent to be exact, although England is both where I was born and live.

I didn't know who Tiwa was when this thread was made. But because of the 2nd post, I rate her highly. I went to a party having only heard Afro B - Drogba, and
Ma Lo. So after 5 minutes of fame cutting shapes on the dance floor, I was like now what :nervous: ... speaking of Tiwa ...

@adexkola got me into Davido though.
Do you remember the names of the best bars & clubs?. Also Cape Coast is awesome :devil:
Beautiful, another Ghanaian! I was born there and now live in England

Tiwa is great, her EP & guest features on tracks in the last 2 years or so are very solid.

They're mostly in Osu - There's a new bar called Bloom Bar, another one called Kona which has a dancing section at the top.
Firefly also in Osu probably had the best music but there's not much space to dance.
Champs Bar is near the Ring road and was a great club, with a really good DJ.

If you’re going I suggest you just speak to the locals, but honestly you can go to Osu and there’s bound to be something happening there

What’s the best places to go in cape coast?

fellaini's barber

As a Nigerian I don't just get the deal with Wizkid, I find the lyrics to most of his recent work downright retarded, along with Tekno. They don't even bother anymore they just make a dancy beat and throw in a few words, some utterly meaningless. Wizkids first two albums were pure fire, he wasn't too big then, while Tekno has like two or 3 songs I really like, (Diana,Jogodo). I just wish they'd make more effort with lyrics. The other people mentioned in the thread I really do like, Eazi, Tiwa, Runtown, Wande, Duncan Mighty, Davido etc.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great thread!

I saw someone mention Francophone Africa. I am by no means an expert but thought I would contribute this from Magic System, one of my favourite bands:

Can listen to these on repeat over and over again.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Great thread!

I saw someone mention Francophone Africa. I am by no means an expert but thought I would contribute this from Magic System, one of my favourite bands:

Can listen to these on repeat over and over again.
Was listening to some Francophone stuff last night.

Don't understand a word here, but this is a common old-school hit.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Was listening to some Francophone stuff last night.

Don't understand a word here, but this is a common old-school hit.

Thanks for these, all excellent songs. Have listened to all of them quite a few times now. Big fan of Ecole especially.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
New Mr Eazi album :drool:

Listening now, will return with thoughts later.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Mr Eazi album is a great listen, i'm on my 3rd run through - songs are 3 mins max which is good.
There's a really good mix of songs on there too, you can just turn it on and let it play, it's a very easy listen.

Would recommend!

Now, Davido needs to hurry up

Welcome @Adisa :D

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone know the first song playing in this video?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Beautiful, another Ghanaian! I was born there and now live in England

Tiwa is great, her EP & guest features on tracks in the last 2 years or so are very solid.

They're mostly in Osu - There's a new bar called Bloom Bar, another one called Kona which has a dancing section at the top.
Firefly also in Osu probably had the best music but there's not much space to dance.
Champs Bar is near the Ring road and was a great club, with a really good DJ.

If you’re going I suggest you just speak to the locals, but honestly you can go to Osu and there’s bound to be something happening there

What’s the best places to go in cape coast?
Awesome! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It was 5 years ago or so the last time I went. I plan on going again 2020 summer. I Don't know if you've been already, but there's the slave castle, and some of the best palm wine and coconuts you'll ever have.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Santi has released his album, not sure I'd put him as afrobeats, but certainly some rap/afrobeats hybrid - it's very good!

Also I bought tickets to AfroNation in Ghana at the end of the year, i'm so excited :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Does this classic count as Afrobeats or nah?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Beyoncé is releasing an afrobeats album to accompany the lion king movie coming out on Friday

She’s chosen pretty much all my afrobeats faves and I can’t wait

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Beyoncé is releasing an afrobeats album to accompany the lion king movie coming out on Friday

She’s chosen pretty much all my afrobeats faves and I can’t wait
I'm not sure I'd choose Beyonce for this kind of project, although I'm now intrigued.

Also, the first movie's soundtrack was more South African (if I recall correctly)... The pivot to Lagos is interesting :D

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm not sure I'd choose Beyonce for this kind of project, although I'm now intrigued.

Also, the first movie's soundtrack was more South African (if I recall correctly)... The pivot to Lagos is interesting :D
I never would’ve chosen her either actually, but I’m interested to see how it sounds, a little nervous too - my two faves are colliding :nervous:

This just shows her vision, she sees where the culture is shifting, great way to market it with Lion King too (lowkey wish more of this happened with Black Panther - but thats another conversation)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Great thread, thanks guys. Love the music.

Also have to sy, the women in these videos are just ridiculous. It's been a joy.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I can’t wait to listen to this album :drool:

His track on the Beyoncé compilation album is fantastic, he’s been in fine form since his last album.