AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Yeah, well short of Arsenal First XI really

Wenger's playing the long game of a 60+ game season.

Klopp looking at 38-ish maxium, plus whatever Cup runs (nobody bothered about Lge Cup until last 8 either)
In reality football doesnt work that way. We had no european football and had Di Maria and Falcao 2 seasons ago we should have pissed it but we finished 4th

montpelier

In reality football doesnt work that way. We had no european football and had Di Maria and Falcao 2 seasons ago we should have pissed it but we finished 4th
Probably not. But some (tough) away games up the front, not the most stupid strategy I've ever seen. I can defend my argument by citing the LFC pre season schedule, if you like?

Marathon not a sprint cliche is coming right back at me, possibly. Also, me having no idea, really, obvs :).

3KDré

Realistically, who can take over? Sampaoli might have been a good shout but it's too late now.

krazyrobus

I am binge watching this arsenal mania interviews. I don't know why listening to them calms and entertains me.

MounchesterUtd

:lol: they have a diverse group of fans, from hipster muslims to singing africans to old angry italians to idiotic jamaican rappers and walking megastore victims they are never dull over there outside the Haemorrhage
FFS post of the year :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did Claude's remark the quadruple Ty predicted happened today referring to the 4 goals? Had me in absolute stitches.

Noc-Z

ffs
Arsenal look horrific. How long can they keep a hold of Sanchez? There is no-one else in the squad at his level. Can't believe he's happy there.

Oo0AahCantona

Arsenal look horrific. How long can they keep a hold of Sanchez? There is no-one else in the squad at his level. Can't believe he's happy there.
Arsenal are a proper comfort club, you get a nice wage, live in london and chill with all the socialites and celebs, with zero pressure to achieve anything on the pitch, while taking selfies and shopping while giving off the illusion your not wasting away your career by being a club on the border of relevance with the added benefit on continued selection for national sides. Its where ambition goes to die.

They really need to spend some money and build a squad with enough quality and depth through the spine to win a premier league title and get back to champions league finals.

Overly harsh

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
They're quite a diverse bunch, I've no animosity towards them at all any more; it's by far a better forum than RAWK or Bluemoon.

...plus, it's the only place you'd get posts next to each other along the lines of:

The stellar efforts of our fanbase are oft juxtaposed by the odious shortcomings of our transfer activities or lack thereof despite Wenger's apparent equanimity.
Jokes blud, Wenger stays and this shizzle's gonna get hectic

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Arsenal are a proper comfort club, you get a nice wage, live in london and chill with all the socialites and celebs, with zero pressure to achieve anything on the pitch, while taking selfies and shopping while giving off the illusion your not wasting away your career by being a club on the border of relevance with the added benefit on continued selection for national sides. Its where ambition goes to die.

They really need to spend some money and build a squad with enough quality and depth through the spine to win a premier league title and get back to champions league finals.

Overly harsh
They only need like 2 or 3 players.

Noc-Z

ffs

Overly harsh
You've summed them up perfectly the fact Wenger is still in charge says it all.

With Ozil, Welbeck, Giroud, Koscielny back, they'll look a lot better.
Ozil is a good player, I think he goes missing at times I still think Sanchez is a cut above everyone else in that squad. I can't see that Welbeck and Giroud are good enough. Koscielny is good though.

Mihai

Where does fam come from? Is it an abbreviation from "family"?

Status
Not open for further replies.