Kyle Rittenhouse | Now crowdfunding LOLsuits against Whoopi Goldberg, LeBron James, and The Young Turks

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Shock, desensitization, all of the above?
Good point, with regards to desensitization I find that a lot when I see footage of people walking around with guns. Growing up on a farm I have seen people with them, but in very much a different setting. The one time I saw a guy walking on a street with a pistol was when I was a young teen, I completely shat myself and ran away in a panic. Dawned on me afterwards it was almost certainly just a bb gun.

MarylandMUFan

I never ever see people with guns where I live (I know some who have them but you can't just carry them around where I live). We drove down to North Carolina this past Summer and it caught me off guard when I went to a gas station and the lady running the register had a pistol on her hip. There is no way I can live in a place where that is normal and those places may become more rare in the U.S. That video of the child custody argument that so easily could have been brought down but instead the other guy went and got his gun to escalate it. The victim was only threatening to go to the courts when the guy brought his gun out so I hope he goes to jail for life. It's just insane that shooting someone seems so easy for people. I don't even kill bugs when they are in my house (I just catch them and let them outside).

Drifter

American
Ladies and gentlemen. The Republican Party

Crowd Goes WILD as Kyle Rittenhouse Gets Rockstar Intro at Turning Point USA Event: ‘Get Loud’

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Ladies and gentlemen. The Republican Party

Crowd Goes WILD as Kyle Rittenhouse Gets Rockstar Intro at Turning Point USA Event: ‘Get Loud’

This is absolutely mind boggling. I followed the case a bit on reddit and it seems the general consensus was he acted in self defence. As a Brit, the idea of turning up somewhere with an assault rifle and ending up shooting three people dead is pretty hard to fathom, but I resign to the fact its a cultural thing that non-Americans will never understand.

But to now celebrate him as a hero surely undermines any semblance of innocence? He obviously went to this thing knowing he was there because he shot three people. It's like a scene from a dystopia.

cafecillos

It's absolutely disgusting. American society is completely broken, probably beyond repair. I'm almost certain at this point all this is going to end very badly and very soon.

Drainy

Dominick Black, Rittenhouse's friend who owned the gun (in Kenosha Wisconsin), has apparently agreed a plea deal that means he will pay $2000 as a fine for a non-criminal citation. No further punishment or record.

Its with the judge (same judge as the Rittenhouse trial) for approval.

Joshua Ziminski is about to go on trial for arson, but hasn't been charged with negligent discharge of a firearm or anything else related to the bizarre firing of his gun in the moments before Rosenbaum's death.

Drainy

Following the settlement of the bond fight where it was split between Rittenhouse and the people who worked on the crowd funding campaign Rittenhouse is now launching a new campaign for some civil defamation lawsuits.

As I have said previously I don't think he has valid grounds because he is pretty undefamable since regardless of justification he shot 3 people and the public will have opinions on that.

It seems like a grift and an attempt to settle out if they survive anti-slapp motions.

shaky

The right were obviously going to make this guy a hero after the left decided to declare him guilty without even waiting for the evidence to be heard. Both sides come out of this whole situation looking incredibly stupid.

Drainy

The right were obviously going to make this guy a hero after the left decided to declare him guilty without even waiting for the evidence to be heard. Both sides come out of this whole situation looking incredibly stupid.
The right found him a hero because he was a 17yo who 'stood up for his community when the government were letting the city burn'. On top of that there is 2nd amendment and self defence issues that conservatives find important. Plus obviously a lot of conservatives are racist (in the classical sense) and the deceased were assumed to be BLM supporters (Rosenbaum wasn't, Huber was).

The fact that many news sources were manipulating the facts and lying about what happened just added fuel to a fire that was already burning.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wait, Kyle's not on his way to Ukraine right now to protect businesses?