Ajax beat VVV Venlo 13-0 in the Erdivisie

Raredaredevil

Is this the biggest scoreline in Eredivisie and Ajax's football history? Can't imagine a 13-0 score in a top professional football league in Europe. I know Ajax is the best team in the country but how is it even possible to lose 0-13? Comical.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Despite the scoreline the manager will take positives from the performance

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
All were against the run of play

fergosaurus

Losing 0-13 at home conceding 9 goals in 33 minutes, how are hell are they 10th in the league?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Enjoyed the replies in this thread.

Also can someone please post the highlights as soon as they're available? Thanks.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is this the biggest scoreline in Eredivisie and Ajax's football history? Can't imagine a 13-0 score in a top professional football league in Europe. I know Ajax is the best team in the country but how is it even possible to lose 0-13? Comical.
I think the previous record was either 12-1 or 13-1.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Apparently, the previous Eredivisie record was Ajax beating Vitesse 12-1 in 1972.
I know nothing about the Dutch league. Are that VVV club that bad?
Losing 0-13 at home conceding 9 goals in 33 minutes, how are hell are they 10th in the league?
No idea what happened here. VVV has been in and out of the Eredivisie fairly regularly and is a potential relegation candidate every year, but they have actually been fairly stable and safe (if in the bottom half of the table) since they last got up. (Fourth season now since then.)

One of those days, I guess. Although it seems the VVV red card may not have helped. That was in the 51st minute at 0-4. It was 0-8 by the 57th minute...

fergosaurus

Apparently, the previous Eredivisie record was Ajax beating Vitesse 12-1 in 1972.

No idea what happened here. VVV has been in and out of the Eredivisie fairly regularly and is a potential relegation candidate every year, but they have actually been fairly stable and safe (if in the bottom half of the table) since they last got up. (Fourth season now since then.)

One of those days, I guess. Although it seems the VVV red card may not have helped. That was in the 51st minute at 0-4. It was 0-8 by the 57th minute...
Just a freak result then. I checked to see how many they'd conceded this season fully expecting them to be rock bottom so was surprised they were 10th and saw they had just come off a 2-2 late comeback draw away to AZ.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Just a freak result then. I checked to see how many they'd conceded this season fully expecting them to be rock bottom so was surprised they were 10th and saw they had just come off a 2-2 late comeback away to AZ.
Yeah, they were on 9-9 goals so far this season.

AZ is weird though, three times in a row now that they were leading against a bottom half team, only to get a draw in the end. Not at last season's level.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The (Dutch) report in my newspaper now describes it as basically a tactical failure. That's why Ajax got to 0-4 already before the red card. There was no tactical reply to that either, and so: 0-13.

Last edited:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, playing a front seven was a bad idea even before the red card

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Saw goals, ref gave a soft Pen at 9 0, and Huntelaar scores it and then goes get the ball to take it back to the centre like they're behind in the game :lol:. Ruthless performance!

Nick7

Freak game. You’d hope the VVV players aren’t too affected by it.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Freak game. You’d hope the VVV players aren’t too affected by it.
Maybe they'll do a Southampton and, erm, end up in the safe part of the bottom half again.

Wilt

Only getting stuffed 6-1 by Spurs now seems a good result

:lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
There's been PL games this year and last that could have quite easily hit double figures with more rub of the green, heck the Champions were lucky not to be hit for 10+, likewise the Barca/Bayern CL game where MATS actually played ok despite conceding 8.

marktan

Saw goals, ref gave a soft Pen at 9 0, and Huntelaar scores it and then goes get the ball to take it back to the centre like they're behind in the game :lol:. Ruthless performance!
That'll cause a fight in many leagues, saw him do that, completely classless

AjaxNL

That’s a bad score for Dutch football. Only with a convincing performance against Atalanta will we save some face. Don’t even think Ajax is playing that well this season, thought the Liverpool game all in sll was a bit underwhelming as well, although obviously we should’ve got at least a point out of it. Antony is an amazing player though and Mohammed Kudus looked like a real baller as well. Shame the latter suffered a long term injury against Liverpool.

Classical Mechanic

There's been PL games this year and last that could have quite easily hit double figures with more rub of the green, heck the Champions were lucky not to be hit for 10+, likewise the Barca/Bayern CL game where MATS actually played ok despite conceding 8.
I don’t think that true at all

United conceded 22 shots against Spurs when they lost 6-1
Liverpool conceded 14 shots against Villa when they lost 7-2
Last season Southampton conceded 25 shots when they lost 9-0 to Leicester

Those shots conceded are in the normal range. VVV conceded 45 shots in that game! I’ve never seen that before in any game. It may have happened but it is exceptionally rare.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Those shots conceded are in the normal range. VVV conceded 45 shots in that game! I’ve never seen that before in any game. It may have happened but it is exceptionally rare.
We had 39 (shots) against West Ham in 2014, and remarkably the game ended 0-0!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25838369

RashyForPM

Stats:

Shots: Atalanta 47-3 Empoli
Shots on target: Atalanta 18-1 Empoli
Possession: Atalanta 62-38
Saves by Empoli keeper: 17
Off the line: 1
Final score: 0-0

Atalanta even outshot Ajax. Most extraordinary game in footballing history.