Ajax | Champions League semi-finalists

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's depressing at this point.

I don't know why people keep downplaying the effect a manager has on a team.

Sure they have good players, but their entire team is performing to the max because of a clear and concise plan on the field in every single aspect.

I long for the days when we have a manager who maximizes our team like Fergie used to.
They're a breath of fresh air.

Siorac

They really, really should win it now. I'm rooting for them all the way, they deserve it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Some of their football today was ridicilous. Juve couldn't cope with it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Imagine them now going out against Spurs. That would be the anti climax of the century.

BaseFishing

It doesn't have to be. There are many sport leagues where the concept of "it's literally life" isn't taken as fact.
Agreed, there are, but they're not as popular as football and the Champions League. All I'm saying is that a hierarchy of clubs is inevitable. Hierarchies, in general, are inevitable.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Please win the whole damn thing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Please win the whole damn thing.
Yes, this. Surely every neutral is rooting for them.

Hopefully an Ajax-Barca final with de Jong scoring the winner against his future employers.

purgethefallen

Had a soft spot for Ajax since the seventies.

Went on a school trip to Holland & Belgium and one of the places we visited was Ajax's stadium.

Nice to see them doing well again, hope they win it.

DanishMike

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6xlmd3/why_you_should_watch_out_for_fc_utrechts_erik_ten/

A good read about Ten Haags work at Utrecht.

I have a feeling that Pep will leave in the summer of 2020, and this guy wil be the replacement unless Bayern or Barca snatch him up in the summer.

The football they played against Juve was at times mindblowing (Only watched the second half). They cut through them with ease, and the way they moved as a unit in both ends of the pitch were fascinating. It looked so easy for them to create chances, and Juve simply didn't know What to do.

Looking forward to see if they can do the same against Spurs.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Imagine them now going out against Spurs. That would be the anti climax of the century.
Which ever club wins it will be amazing for football.

Though I kinda want Ajax to win it.

Sjaakmeoff

The Social Media team strikes again.

They signed a goalie today. There were some hardcore fans who didn't want him at the club because he wrote some anti-Ajax comments on twitter when he was like twelve or something.

So they made him write lines as "punishment" -Ajax is the most beautiful club in the Netherlands-

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have no idea why they signed Scherpen. Not because of his past, but because he's simply a terrible goalkeeper.

His only perk is that he's tall and even then he's shite with high balls into the box. He's not shown any promise at all if you ask me.

Supports
Ajax
I have no idea why they signed Scherpen. Not because of his past, but because he's simply a terrible goalkeeper.

His only perk is that he's tall and even then he's shite with high balls into the box. He's not shown any promise at all if you ask me.
Not sure if anyone looks that good if they play at Emmen though. I wonder if they scouted him at a younger age, rather than based on just this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not sure if anyone looks that good if they play at Emmen though. I wonder if they scouted him at a younger age, rather than based on just this season.
As an outfield player, no you're right, but he's a goalkeeper whos made quite a few massive mistakes this season. I just dont ever see him as Ajax number one. Do you?

That video Ajax made is fecking brilliant though :lol:

Attacking Midfielder

Supports
Ajax
Unless they draw the Roma/Porto winner this is probably the end of the run for them in the CL. PSV are going to win the title but, Ajax have to be the favorites for the Dutch Cup since they are playing Willem.
Came by this forum and saw this post, have to say it made me smile. Ajax into the semis after playing neither Roma nor Porto and they are in a decent position in the league at the moment.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Came by this forum and saw this post, have to say it made me smile. Ajax into the semis after playing neither Roma nor Porto and they are in a decent position in the league at the moment.
Unlike most here I actually watch most of Ajax's matches my opinion here was not based on nothing. But, I was happy to be proven wrong.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Unlike most here I actually watch most of Ajax's matches my opinion here was not based on nothing. But, I was happy to be proven wrong.
That's the benefit of hindsight. No one in their right mind thought Ajax would get this far.

Well, one of my Ajax supporting mates did and put 100 euros on them winning the CL. He cam cash out for 1400 now, but he's going to ride it out :)

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
That's the benefit of hindsight. No one in their right mind thought Ajax would get this far.

Well, one of my Ajax supporting mates did and put 100 euros on them winning the CL. He cam cash out for 1400 now, but he's going to ride it out :)
And on paper Juve was the worst draw imaginable for them. Ajax have a tendency to play well and not win and Juve prides themselves on getting results when they are not playing well. Last season they were bumping their chest after knocking out Spurs even though they were outplayed for 160 of the 180 minutes. Plus with Cristiano who has dominated this competition over the years.

Attacking Midfielder

Supports
Ajax
And on paper Juve was the worst draw imaginable for them. Ajax have a tendency to play well and not win and Juve prides themselves on getting results when they are not playing well. Last season they were bumping their chest after knocking out Spurs even though they were outplayed for 160 of the 180 minutes. Plus with Cristiano who has dominated this competition over the years.
I agree on the CL part, but I was mostly referring to the convincing way you said that psv was going to win the Eredivisie this season. Don't get me wrong they still can win it, but their chances are getting smaller.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

Completely agree. No clue why Ajax signed him. Besides being tall he's a terrible goalkeeper. Just another Dutch talentless goalkeeper. The only 'sane' reason for Ajax to buy him might be financially. He won't cost that much but he's a GK for Oranje (-21s?) and if he plays a half decent season on loan at Emmen next season and maybe the season after then Ajax could sell him on with a decent profit. However I really don't see him being a #1 GK for Ajax.

Supports
Ajax
As an outfield player, no you're right, but he's a goalkeeper whos made quite a few massive mistakes this season. I just dont ever see him as Ajax number one. Do you?

That video Ajax made is fecking brilliant though :lol:
Honestly havn’t paid attention to Emmen, I must admit. So don’t know. He’s young, tall, going to get intensive keeperstraining... who knows? :)

I mean, Veltman made the first team...

And yeah that video is... class. ;)

Sjaakmeoff

Willem II were better IMO.

But that's the thing with clubs like them. They can play well, but can lose it in minutes.