Ajax goalkeeper Onana suspended for 1 year

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I just find it very hard to believe
It's a very weird story indeed for a professional, however.. A small mistake is always on the corner for anyone.. He is only human and people make mistakes.. Its not like the drug he was taking is massively performance enhancing as well... I genuinely believe he didnt intend to, but he still made a stupid mistake and is responsible..

The things that bugs me is that Ajax has been nothing but supporting and helpful towards him through this whole trajectory, but he refuses to extend his contract (ending comming summer), which means he will leave on a free next summer, whilst growing into one of Europe's best goalkeepers since his debut at Ajax..

But yeah.. Both for the drug-taking and the contract negotiations.. Ive not got all the information obviously..

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's a very weird story indeed for a professional, however.. A small mistake is always on the corner for anyone.. He is only human and people make mistakes.. Its not like the drug he was taking is massively performance enhancing as well... I genuinely believe he didnt intend to, but he still made a stupid mistake and is responsible..

The things that bugs me is that Ajax has been nothing but supporting and helpful towards him through this whole trajectory, but he refuses to extend his contract (ending comming summer), which means he will leave on a free next summer, whilst growing into one of Europe's best goalkeepers since his debut at Ajax..

But yeah.. Both for the drug-taking and the contract negotiations.. Ive not got all the information obviously..
I'm not doubting him much on the ped thing as most do it anyway and he seems like a decent lad, I mostly find it bizarre that the pr department is letting him run with this story which even if true is just terrible optics both for him and the club

Great keepr when David was on the downturn i really wanted him over here but right now I think hes barca bound , would be a big miss for you guys i think

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm not doubting him much on the ped thing as most do it anyway and he seems like a decent lad, I mostly find it bizarre that the pr department is letting him run with this story which even if true is just terrible optics both for him and the club

Great keepr when David was on the downturn i really wanted him over here but right now I think hes barca bound , would be a big miss for you guys i think
I guess the story worked (or is just true) because arbitration shaved a few months off his suspension.

Tarrou

when you’re on drugs it’s an easy mistake to make don’t judge