Ajax - Man Utd | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

Stuck at work, during the entire game. I forgot to ask for the day off, when the UEFA ballot didn't come through.

In a last minute desperate attempt, I tried cutting my hours short (I have a few in a time-bank we use for leveling). But no dice.

Feck this :(
Well you seem to have internet access at work so it could be worse...

MV12

Nervy 2-1 win
I'm off down the local bar with my nieghbour who just happens to be a United fan :)
Only got 3 hours sleep last night.. can't for the life of me think why.. feck I'm worse than a kid! :)
C'mon UNITED!

Heista

Supports
Ajax
I feel this game is a win-win situation for United fans:

1. Win: Your team wins and the rest of season is forgotten and you ended on a high.
2. Lose: You just saw a team of young prospects play some good football and win a European trophy with it.

Hungry? Don't bite please

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This is my last post of the day so i'm going to use it in this thread. I'm excited and I'm nervous. I'm trepidatious but also cautiously optimistic. Lads, please don't lose this. This is gonna have huge implications for this season and next, and could define the next couple of years for this club and the next couple of years for this club under the tenure of Jose Mourinho.

Let's win this, enjoy the summer, sign some players, and come back next season with a title charge and a run in the Champions League free from the mire that is the Thursday/Sunday cycle.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought this game was going to be played in the Rasunda Stadium. Proves how out of loop I've been with football. Only just realised Rasunda has been demolished.

MoskvaRed

I feel confident about tonight - I have a feeling that, after the torpor of the last few weeks, United will put in a big performance. After the nerve jangling tension of 91, 99 and 08 (and the misery of 09 and 11), it would make a very pleasant change to watch a comfortable United win in a European final.

Bluppblupp

Oh it feels so good to have United in my own hometown. The shirt is on, a couple of beers has been downed and soon the game is on. Only pickle is I have to watch it on the telly. Cmon you reds!

AnnieRoad

Supports
Liverpool
For the people of Manchester I hope you win tonight, never thought I'd ever say that.

I've been around since 78, I've sung the songs, the nice, the not so nice and I had them back for good measure; divided by loyalty united in history and all that.

My default (sorry) is to always cheer your opposition always and always - am sure you get me in fact I know you do I've read the threads that mirror those in RAWK and other forums, today is weird though. It's not there today.

Been thinking about this one pretty much all day listening to five live after the terrible events of this week in your city, a similar mentality to ours up the road so I concluded sometimes football is just simply that; the care and love shown in the community is humbling yet uplifting at the same time

So give the people of your wonderful city the lift they deserve and win the cup.

Good luck

And don't fecking tell me mates....

Cheers

Reactions: Varun

Kearnkoff69

Lineups should be announced in 15 minutes, I hope? I know it's an hour before PL matches, but am wondering if it's the same for Euro finals and such.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
For the people of Manchester I hope you win tonight, never thought I'd ever say that.

I've been around since 78, I've sung the songs, the nice, the not so nice and I had them back for good measure; divided by loyalty united in history and all that.

My default (sorry) is to always cheer your opposition always and always - am sure you get me in fact I know you do I've read the threads that mirror those in RAWK and other forums, today is weird though. It's not there today.

Been thinking about this one pretty much all day listening to five live after the terrible events of this week in your city, a similar mentality to ours up the road so I concluded sometimes football is just simply that; the care and love shown in the community is humbling yet uplifting at the same time

So give the people of your wonderful city the lift they deserve and win the cup.

Good luck

Cheers
:)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Good luck

Cheers
Cheers mate. Thank you.

We won't be telling your mates as well:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.