Alabama outlaws abortion

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The US is a broken country. It really cannot be overstated.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Excuse my ignorance, but will it be possible to cross the border to a less backwater state and then have the abortion?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I just read this in the news. How this is even possible in a developed country in 2019 is unfathomable.

Cait Sith

Yeah, I just read this in the news. How this is even possible in a developed country in 2019 is unfathomable.
You have to define what you understand as "developed". In many ways, USA is a third world country, only with the license to print Dollars + rating agencies + military power.

Oldham

Meanwhile here in Iceland a law was just passed to allow abortion up until 22 week of pregnancy...

kps88

The US is a perfect example to young democracies on how to feck things up.

Smores

Absolutely fecking disgusting, there's no other words for it. I feel sorry for Americans as much as we struggle with the political extreme right here in the UK it just doesn't compare to these relegious zealots.

I would say if you're opposed on relegious grounds the exceptions don't make much sense. There isn't really much middle ground between the two views, either you believe your religious views should be enforced in others or you don't.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Georgia: we're the most backward, bigoted state in the US.

Alabama: hold my beer.

Dave89

Imagine letting a rape victim have to carry full term
It's a shitty position, but the lesser of two bad outcomes. I assure you I'll never punish you for your father's actions either.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It's a shitty position, but the lesser of two bad outcomes. I assure you I'll never punish you for your father's actions either.
Yeah, you sound like a generous chap, even proposing rape as a legitimate reproduction strategy. I feel sorry for the women who have to put with you...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
“Human life has rights, and when someone takes those rights, that’s when we as government have to step in,” said the state senator Clyde Chambliss. “When God creates that life, that miracle of life inside the woman’s womb, it’s not our place as humans to extinguish that life. That’s what I believe.”
hmmmmmmmmm

from Wiki
Capital punishment is a legal penalty in the U.S. state of Alabama. Alabama has the highest per capita death penalty rate in the country. In some years, its courts impose more death sentences than Texas, a state that has a population five times as large.
feckin weirdo's.

Dave89

You'll get no support for the death penalty from me. It's abhorrent. I don't understand how anybody can claim to be pro-life yet support it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
But you punish a mum for the dad's actions?

Dave89

But you punish a mum for the dad's actions?
They should be given all the support they need. So should mothers thinking of terminations because they can't afford a child. But it's cheaper to just tell them to abort. Society copping out of its responsibilities to help the vulnerable.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It really really reaaaaaally isn't.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They should be given all the support they need. So should mothers thinking of terminations because they can't afford a child. But it's cheaper to just tell them to abort. Society copping out of its responsibilities.
Society has a responsibility to give a rape victim the option on how to proceed with her future, not to burden her and restrict her personal choice.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So they can travel to different state and get abortion done?

Dave89

Imagine telling women what they can do with their own bodies. Not that that bothers you.
It bothers me greatly that any woman would be put in that positon to begin with. We desperately need to crack down on rape culture too.

Edit out>put

ChaddyP

Excuse my ignorance, but will it be possible to cross the border to a less backwater state and then have the abortion?
All of this is basically an attack on access to abortion. It's something Conservative states have been doing constantly in order to get around roe v wade and planned parenthood v case. It's not easy for some less fortunate women to travel across the state to access clinics that allow abortion. It's a huge financial burden among other things

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5953191/

My wife and I decided on an abortion some years ago. Our country doesn't allow abortion. Even though Florida is a one hour plane trip away it still is a toll and would require hotel stay among expenses that you would not sustain if you didn't have to travel. And even then we had to travel from where we lived to the main city to find a doctor that was willing to break the law to perform the abortion. She was knocked out due to the surgery and we had to stay with friends till she recuperated.

It sucks. Im not going to lie. Yes you can go to another state. But I honestly feel it for any 18 year old woman that is totally alone with no financial backing to do such a thing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So they can travel to different state and get abortion done?
If you're the daughter of a rich Republican, sure. If you're poor and without means to travel up to the North, then probably not.

They've criminalized travelling out or state to get am abortion done, but I have no idea as to how they would enforce that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you're the daughter of a rich Republican, sure. If you're poor and without means to travel up to the North, then probably not.

They've criminalized travelling out or state to get am abortion done, but I have no idea as to how they would enforce that.
Like you said how will they enforce that? It's as good (or worse) as saying pregnant women are banned from travelling out of state.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I wish there was a lefty version of Alex Jones who'd argue this is a secret GOP cabal plot to turn all people into gay sex.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
They should be given all the support they need. So should mothers thinking of terminations because they can't afford a child. But it's cheaper to just tell them to abort. Society copping out of its responsibilities to help the vulnerable.
Absolutely fecking yes they should. Also, talking about support, you been taking in foster kids lately? I’ll wait

ChaddyP

You have to define what you understand as "developed". In many ways, USA is a third world country, only with the license to print Dollars + rating agencies + military power.
I understand what you are trying to say. But in no way is USA anywhere near what a 'third world' developing country is. Not even close