Alan McLoughlin RIP

poleglass red

very sad to hear that. I remember that game vividly. The atmosphere at that time in Belfast was as bad as I've ever known.

GBBQ

Terrible news, saw his twitter post from march and it really didn't look good for him but it seemed like he might still have some time as he went into the new treatment program.

Can still remember the absolute rush of him scoring that goal to get us to USA '94.

RIP

Addled

Very sad news. RIP
I remember the match in Belfast vividly. You could almost feel the hatred coming through the TV. I remember when he scored neither he nor the rest of the team quite knew what to do. I remember reading that they couldn't wait to get out of Windsor as they felt seriously threatened. Different times that happily are behind us. Hopefully they stay behind us.

diarm

54 is no age at all. :(

That goal (or more my dad and cousin running around the front room like lunatics) is one of my oldest and vaguest football memories.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Always seemed like a class bloke from what I saw of him, horribly young to go too. Cancer is an awful disease. Rest in Peace, my thoughts go out to his family.

Robertd0803

Awful news and gutted to hear it. The amount of times I pretended to be him as a child playing football on the street trying to recreate that goal. Gutted.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really good player for Portsmouth back in their 90s division one days.

R.I.P.