Alas poor Carrick...WTF has happened?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Play him at centre-back every week!

Don't jinx him, please.

MUFC07

Good performance by him. I like him being at centre-half, his passing and vision from there help the offensive transitions. Kind of Javi Martínezque in terms of passing from the back, without the strength and height, though.

He can't play every match there, but we should take advantage of this more.

DevilRed

Surprisingly easy match against horse boy and friends. Feared for the worst when I saw the team sheet but he came through unscathed.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
My cousin told me on Monday that he saw Carrick hopping around in Manchester wearing one of those huge boot things (moon boot?)

LVG has just confirmed this so I now know my cousin isn't full of shit (He's a Bertie after all)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Van Gaal seemed like a huge fan of him too. Shame. Hope he's not out for too long despite what Van Gaal said.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Apparently injured for 'a long time'. We already needed another midfielder before this news, surely we will speed up any potential signs??

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
My cousin told me on Monday that he saw Carrick hopping around in Manchester wearing one of those huge boot things (moon boot?)

LVG has just confirmed this so I now know my cousin isn't full of shit (He's a Bertie after all)
Sounds like an Achilles tear to me or a broken toe.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Maybe this is good news, everyone thought we need another midfielder even with Carrick not injured, now he's injured we have to sign someone else, maybe 2 new faces there.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Here we go again! How the hell did he get injured now before the season even started? By drinking his coffee?? Arghh!!! Something might not be right with our training pitches or whatever ...

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Here we go again! How the hell did he get injured now before the season even started? By drinking his coffee?? Arghh!!! Something might not be right with our training pitches or whatever ...
Van's first day at Carrington yesterday, tried to make an impression and run for the first time and broke a hip.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'm not sure why he mentioned Carrick's injury. It weakens our position in negotiating with clubs if they know we're down a first-team starting midfielder.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I missed the question he mentioned it in response to. Did they ask him about injuries or did he come out with it spontaneously?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Did he cut off his leg while eating breakfast?

We now have no competent defensive midfielder. Ok, maybe Fletcher. Imagine starting the season with Fletcher and Fellaini. Ugh.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I missed the question he mentioned it in response to. Did they ask him about injuries or did he come out with it spontaneously?
He was asked about the importance of experience. Mentioned Carrick getting himself injured as a big blow, because experience is important. Then added that experience isn't necessary about age.

mu4c_20le

People get old, they lose their pace, or whatever left of it. Become injury prone. Carrick is finished imho, he was a bit of a late bloomer and enjoyed some very good seasons with us, playing some of the best football of his life. but he has no legs now, he turns 33 at the end of the month, I don't trust him at all in the big games because the game just passes him by. I think this could be his last season for us.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
It was with regards to experience. The journo asked if he valued experience, and hinted at Rooney, and LVG said he didn't value experience in the same way they did. He then said that Carrick was also experienced and was injured for a long time which would be a big blow.

Raw

It was pretty spontaneous, he was talking about not giving into the reputation of the players and giving examples like Rooney and Carrick. Then said that Carrick will be out for a long time.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Not sure how anyone can be hating this news, i don't wish harm on a person, but as club its a blessing in disguise (if it is long term) as we'll have to bring in another new face or 2.

walsh

You seriously think Van Gaal won't recognise this, leading to axing and acquiring?

He's one of the best managers in the world.
Well we're not going to sign a whole new midfield, so keeping our current best midfielders fit would be preferable. Dismissing Carrick outright is daft, like you said van Gaal is a great manager and already he clearly rates him personally.

Not sure how anyone can be hating this news, i don't wish harm on a person, but as club its a blessing in disguise (if it's long term) as we'll have to bring in another new face or 2.
You hope.