Alas poor Carrick...WTF has happened?

Devil may care

Nice ball for Park's first chance but wasn't in the game enough for the most part, defensively he still does better than most of our midfielders though.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Carrick did well I thought. Problem for both Carrick and Gibson tonight was that I think they are a bit samey in the way they defend. Hence defensively they both looked out of sorts IMO. Carrick and Fletcher or a triple of Carrick-Fletcher-Scholes is a much better combination in that they complement each other well.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Nah there were three on three; Smalling had the man at the front, Carrick the man at the back and Gibson the man in the middle. Carrick and Smalling were both tight on their men and stayed there throughout, Gibson left a couple of yards in between him and Elokobi before the corner was taken and lost him once the corner was taken.

Berlinknives

Carrick did well I thought. Problem for both Carrick and Gibson tonight was that I think they are a bit samey in the way they defend. Hence defensively they both looked out of sorts IMO. Carrick and Fletcher or a triple of Carrick-Fletcher-Scholes is a much better combination in that they complement each other well.
A fair assessment.

Berlinknives

Nah there were three on three; Smalling had the man at the front, Carrick the man at the back and Gibson the man in the middle. Carrick and Smalling were both tight on their men and stayed there throughout, Gibson left a couple of yards in between him and Elokobi before the corner was taken and lost him thereafter.
I think Carrick could've moved in ahead of Elokobi and occupied the space before he got there, or did he also let his man get ahead of him?

johnmufc

Best game in ages.

Now pleeeeeeeeeeease keep it up, Michael, there's a good lad.
Best since the Community Shield. Not surprising given he's only started 4 games since then (including today).

But yeah, Carrick did very well. Quality passing throughout and his usual good contibution defensively sweeping up loose balls and making a few crucial blocks and tackles.
He thrives when he has a fluid set of forwards ahead of him making clever runs. Chicharito is the kind of player that Carrick will love to provide service to.

Devilton

A second string Wolves team who have not scored a goal much less won a game at United in 5 previous vists. You'd expect him to be good...but, with Carrick you take the small victories because lord knows when the next one will come along.

zub2007

Besides the pass to Park i did not see alot more form Carrick. Shocker how bad his fornm is.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Besides the pass to Park i did not see alot more form Carrick. Shocker how bad his fornm is.
It was the best fecking pass of the match.

Carrick is doing all he can. He's doing well with his limited opportunities.

He did well yesterday and got better as the game went on.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Encouraging signs, for the most part.

The last time I saw him have a great game for us was last time we played Chelsea, but as long as he gets more game time and improves, then he'll be a good asset.

Name Changed

weso26
The thing is, even with Fletcher and now Scholes struggling to find their best form, I highly doubt Carrick did enough in this match to displace one of the aforementioned players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The thing is, even with Fletcher and now Scholes struggling to find their best form, I highly doubt Carrick did enough in this match to displace one of the aforementioned players.
He played a damn sight better last night than either of them did against Stoke.

Granted the opposition was stronger but Fletcher and Scholes were both very poor last weekend IMO.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Scholes has been great in some games though?
Passing yes, off the ball in a 4-4-2 we just get overrun with him in the midfield. Imo its a major reason why we have been struggling defensively this year and Fletcher has looked out of form. If you look at the stats Fletcher and Carrick both cover a huge amount of ground (interestingly Carrick usually more than Fletch), and this is something Scholsey is just not able to do unfortunately.

M160RA

Looked like the Carrick of old today; his passing stats from today's game should be quite impressive.

SirAF

Ageist
Goodish today, should be coming along the next couple of weeks.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Did his job which was to protect the back-four. His positional play was much better today than it has been the last few times he has played and he made sensible passes but nothing spectacular. All in all a typical Carrick performance, hope he kicks on now.

askabob

Brain fart in the 93rd minute but apart from that OK.

Nothing to wank over.
It is criminal how much you underrate Carrick. He was brilliant today and dominated midfield and was great in our attacking play as well as defensive clean-up.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
It's not even funny how much you underrate Carrick. He was brilliant today and dominated midfield and was great in our attacking play as well as defensive clean-up.
He played OK, nothing to wank over.

I don't think anyone was 'brilliant' today personally, Vidic, Nani and Park were probably the best players out there for us. Oh and no one 'dominated' midfield ya fool.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Assured display today, very good defensive work and particularly liked his composed interplay with Fletch whilst the ball was bouncing awkwardly in central areas.