Music Albums you've rediscovered after ages

Dante

Average bang
I've probably not listened to London Calling in over a decade, but I gave it a listen a couple of days ago. Since then, it's been on almost constant repeat. I don't know why it took me so long to give it another go.

What old albums have you started listening to again after a long break?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

I've been digging on pre-1997 Green Day this week. I forgot I had this belter on vinyl. Popped it on yesterday evening. I was rocking out.

Kerplunk is mint too. They were a great band when they were young and out of their minds on speed:

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Jesus, I was just gonna say London Calling. An absolute rock masterpiece.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!

Stuck a load of music on a thumbdrive in the car to load onto my hard drive and have found myself belting out these two underrated political punk albums over and over. The 7" of the Newtown Neurotics "Kick out the Tories" is great for belting out at full blast with the windows down in the middle of Tunbridge Wells too ;)

CircusMonkey

Recently gave millie Jackson's 'Caught up' a proper listen, and have to say its still a criminally underrated soul record from the 70's.

redspoony

In Utero. Not listened to it for years and picked it up on vinyl on a whim a few weeks ago. Listened to it several times and remembered why it is such a scorchingly good album.

Also been listening to Bring it On by Gomez a lot of late. Mint debut album.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
In Utero. Not listened to it for years and picked it up on vinyl on a whim a few weeks ago. Listened to it several times and remembered why it is such a scorchingly good album.
I gave it a spin for the first time in ages this morning. It's a visceral record. Has one of the best opening lines on a record ever too.

"Teenage angst has paid off well, but now I'm bored and old". Love that.

Dante

Average bang

Also been listening to Bring it On by Gomez a lot of late. Mint debut album.
I need to relisten to both of these!

I think some albums are so much 'of their time' that, once that time passes, you forget they ever existed.

redspoony

I think some albums are so much 'of their time' that, once that time passes, you forget they ever existed.
Totally agree with this, even when it comes to band you love, an example for me being Gold Against the Soul, by the Manics.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Heard a few tracks yesterday from Matchbox Twenty's "Yourself Or Someone Like You". That album was so wonderfully 90's, and I would probably like it a lot more if I didn't think Rob Thomas was such a douche.

thelemon

That's true, but I definitely don't think that it applies to In Utero. I play it all the time!

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Dare by Human League. Played it in the car the other week after years of not listening to it. What an album. Another that had the dust blown off it recently was Morrison Hotel....brilliant.

arthurka

Went through my old CD´s couple of weeks back to throw shit out of my storage and just went full beserk with Primus to the point where my GF said it was her and the kids or Les Fecking Claypool !! That album is the bomb

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
These two I went back to recently after probably over a decade:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Unsurpassed in the genre.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Listned to Combat Rock earlier this week. Brilliant Album.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I've probably not listened to London Calling in over a decade, but I gave it a listen a couple of days ago. Since then, it's been on almost constant repeat. I don't know why it took me so long to give it another go.

What old albums have you started listening to again after a long break?

after all these years I just ordered Sandanista and London Calling.... :) never bought the vinyls....