6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

Our predicted line up tweeted yesterday (prior to Martial being out) was DDG, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Sancho. If you can get excited by that you’re a better man than me.
Not a single one of our new signings in the first 11 in that lineup.

GreatDane

Our predicted line up tweeted yesterday (prior to Martial being out) was DDG, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Sancho. If you can get excited by that you’re a better man than me.
Even if the lineup was true, then feck yeah I'm excited. First game of the season, first real game under Ten Hag. Bring it on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has a contract till 2025. The discussions are to reward him with better terms.
I'm not sure how that is legally possible in England unless he signed it when he turned 18.

Anyway, we shall see.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He showed in a very short period of time that he is a brilliant manager.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If Martial is out, i would love to see him in first 11. And Iqbal instead McT.
I am for approach swim or sink for young lads.

Yes, i know that it is wrong approach :lol:

Last edited:

skc_18

I'm not sure how that is legally possible in England unless he signed it when he turned 18.

Anyway, we shall see.
I saw somewhere that he signed a contract which automatically renews on his birthday every year till '25
I think few of our youngsters are on similar contracts so probably a loop-hole.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I saw somewhere that he signed a contract which automatically renews on his birthday every year till '25
I've never seen that actually confirmed anywhere but would make sense I guess.

jesperjaap

If Martial is put, i would love to see him in first 11. And Iqbal instead McT.

If 2/3 reinforcements dont come in before the window clsoes, I would say its the right approach. Anybody really thinking that Ten Hag can easily crack the top four with Dalot, McFred, Rashford and Martial up front over another season must have short or even mid/long term memory loss.

I think we have to hope either/and the likes of Maguire, Martial, Rashford, McTominay can seriously step upo to consistent quality form under Ten Hag and who can trust that?....or/and hope that 2/3 of Laird, Hannibal, Iqbal, Amad, Pellestri, Elanga, Garner, Garnacho can have huge breakthorugh full seasons this year. Cant comment on Iqbal as barely seen anything of him....but as for the rest personally....of the seven, for three two are simply not good enough to be first team regulars at our club, three look pretty talented but have done nothing on loan or of any merit here to be that confident in. I think two have the ability to be big players here, but Im not sure either are actualy ready to be consistent enough for anymore thatn bit parts from the bench at the moment anyway.

All my positivity player wise at the moment is solely in the signing of Martinez, which shows how poor again the window has been up to no in and out...as never hard of him until recently and people werent mentioning him much when it was all about Timber being so good. But little bits I have seen, Ive got a really good gut feeling about him being justthe type of player our defence needs

Nick7

We've had a couple of players with contracts like that. A youth contract that automatically turns into a fully professional one when they turn 18.

Robbo*

If Martial is out, i would love to see him in first 11. And Iqbal instead McT.

i agree with taking a bit of a chance on them, but perhaps Garner is a better place to start than Iqbal for now.

Rolaholic

Really hoping he doesn't go out on loan, he could play a part for us this season if he stays in the squad.

Fully expect him to push Rashford hard on the left if he does stay

Jonesno.8

Really hoping he doesn't go out on loan, he could play a part for us this season if he stays in the squad.

Fully expect him to push Rashford hard on the left if he does stay
Ahead of Elanga for me after his pre season. Love him to start but I hope we manage him right, game time and learning balanced. Looks a talent, too much too soon not right either.

Yagami

Good post resistant
With Martial out, I’d definitely play him. He can keep the ball under pressure and beat his man. Our attack needs players like this as Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno and Eriksen are all pretty weak.

Alemar

Very good chance of him getting an appearance off the bench today

lex talionis

This wasn’t the match for Garnacho to start, but he definitely should have been brought on earlier.

Someone

Something
He shouldn't go on loan. I'd rather start him and who knows, can't be worse than what we have.

BlueHaze

Please for the love of god let him take Rashford place permanently I can't stand Marcus anymore. Garnacho is lightning quick, works harder, wants to get into the starting XI and also better technically.

Bwuk

I’d start Garnacho against Brentford.

He has it. He’s going to be a absolute superstar for someone.

croadyman

I’d start Garnacho against Brentford.

He has it. He’s going to be a absolute superstar for someone.
Yeah will end up losing him for peanuts if he doesn't get enough gametime

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not sure about starting him but definitely should have come on around the 60 minute mark I think. We weren't doing much so nothing to lose putting the lad on.

RedDevilQuebecois

I honestly believe that Garnacho should have come on by the hour mark. Rashford being a lost cause, it is time to try other options like Garnacho.

Just the fact that he only came on with no serious time to get into the game was insulting in itself. You want to develop the kid? Give him 15-18 minutes at the very least.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Whether he should have started or not, 5 stoppage time minutes for sure does nothing for his development. Imagine if Barca played Pedri at 17 for 1-2 minutes here and there.
Yeap. Don't understand wanting to make momentum-changing decisions by bringing on 3 subs in the last 2 minutes of game time. Dumb.

TheForgottenOne

Yeap. Don't understand wanting to make momentum-changing decisions by bringing on 3 subs in the last 2 minutes of game time. Dumb.
It is a Ten Hag trademark I am afraid. One of the biggest complaints towards him at Ajax.

Garnacho should have come on between 70-80 minutes at least.

Telsim

He should start ahead of Rashford and Elanga. His technique is already ahead of both but he desperately needs experience. Losing him would be a damning mistake.

ForeverRed1

He’s young, hungry and dynamic.. play him. Give him the experience he needs.. can’t be worse than what we got.

Marcus

I think he can be the breakout star for United this year. If given the chance, who knows what will happen. Very exciting prospect.

Trex

Its encouraging he is already featuring and that was ahead of Amad. He'll get game time over the course of the season, its up to him to make it count.

Tony247

God knows what he has done to ETH. The match was over at half time. Yet he didn't get a chance even for 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.