Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would assume any of these contacts have some sort of wage increase attached depending on certain criteria
Aye, I thought so, just wondering whether a youth signing his first deal would fancy an 8 year contract rather than signing for 3 years and having the room to explode into a superstar to then sign a mega deal.

@Silas

Would be very impressed if we get this done without a fuss.

Arsenal 3:2 Man Utd

Erics_Collar

Would think twice about signing a new contract if I was him.

We're going to sign a big name striker eventually, and Rashford is always going to play.

So he'll be competing with 150 million worth of Sancho and Antony who the club (and manager particularly for the latter) will be desperate to shoehorn in as a success.

Coming on in the 92nd minute today despite being our best attacking player other than Rashford this season, is a disgrace.

Red Rash

We're going to sign a big name striker eventually, and Rashford is always going to play.

So he'll be competing with 150 million worth of Sancho and Antony who the club (and manager particularly for the latter) will be desperate to shoehorn in as a success.

Coming on in the 92nd minute today despite being our best attacking player other than Rashford this season, is a disgrace.
A bit of an overreaction :lol: he is getting plenty of game time but ETH was reluctant to send on an 18 year old in such a big game. Garnacho will get a lot of minutes between now and the end of the season.

flappyjay

A bit of an overreaction :lol: he is getting plenty of game time but ETH was reluctant to send on an 18 year old in such a big game. Garnacho will get a lot of minutes between now and the end of the season.
Despite the same kid coming on against the champions and assisting the winning goal just last weekend.

Superunknown

Seems like the most obvious attacking sub we needed to make. Very annoyed that he didn't come on so much earlier. Unless there's more to it, ETH fecked this one up.

Red Rash

Despite the same kid coming on against the champions and assisting the winning goal just last weekend.
I'm not suggesting he was right to not bring him on my point is this one game isn't a reflection on ETH won't use him during the season

lex talionis

It’s precisely because this was such a big game that Garnacho should have been subbed on much earlier. Arsenal‘s back line was there for the taking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Calm down chaps. He’s a kid and playing a fair bit. More important right now is that he develops well and has his head on right.

Dr. StrangeHate

A club where he is getting regular playing time at the age of 18???

TheReligion

Abusive

What a silly thing to say

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

:lol:

Real Name

What a beautiful post.

Newtonius

Definitely this Antony is going to be ETH's Maguire isn't he, the litmus test for all this talk about "you don't play if you aren't playing well" and it doesn't look good so far, basically played every available minute.

I know the squad is waifer thin but yeah Garnacho on that late chasing a goal is... wow. Pellestri has shown enough to be given a chance as well.

Real Name

Definitely this Antony is going to be ETH's Maguire isn't he, the litmus test for all this talk about "you don't play if you aren't playing well" and it doesn't look good so far, basically played every available minute.

I know the squad is waifer thin but yeah Garnacho on that late chasing a goal is... wow. Pellestri has shown enough to be given a chance as well.
He didn't play against City and I'm sure he hasn't play all the available minutes so don't go over the top like that. Questioning ETH already cause he didn't sub Garnacho earlier. A 18 years of old player who's been getting regular football.

lex talionis

That high line was there for the taking.
It really was. ETH was clearly happy with the draw, as all of us would have been, and I won't even go so far as to suggest that we could have gone for it come what may, but by setting up so deep and having no outlet to support Rashford we handed Arsenal the gavel and the rest is history.

Had Arsenal had a terrifying back line, perhaps you accept the draw like a man. But they don't and we got played off the park in the last 15 minutes and went down to defeat.

FromTheBench

He's been our 2nd best attacker. We should use him as such.

Fact that he is 18 and not a big money signing is relevant but that needs to be just for caution not the first thought.

That high line was there for taking. And in a open game he is at his best but it's a inexplicable mistake he didn't come on.

Eriksen was tanked, weghorst was unable to hold up.

MUFC OK

Something doesn't add up about him being introduced so late - clearly we were crying out for his pace as an out ball/on the break. Hope there isn't an ongoing issue with getting him to sign a new contract as you'd think the club would have wanted that sorted by now.

He's much better than Antony.

FromTheBench

Something doesn't add up about him being introduced so late - clearly we were crying out for his pace as an out ball/on the break. Hope there isn't an ongoing issue with getting him to sign a new contract as you'd think the club would have wanted that sorted by now.
Ten hag said he wanted weghorst to stay to defend corners.

Seems a pretty defensive mindset.

romufc

He is 18 years old!

I am not sure you are watching the same Manchester United as the rest of us? If you think because of the transfer fees, the manager will look to shoehorn players. Maguire has been dropped and is 5th choice, he has let Sancho have his time off, yet some people think he is going to shoehorn?

If a club wants to be successful, they need quality players, youth to be nurtured, not just thrown in for the sake of it.

He hasn't been our best attacker, he has been our most impactful sub, sometimes the manager feels a game does not need that.

Back the manager!

mctrials23

People are questioning the manager on this eh. He knows what hes doing. He didn't put Casemiro straight into the side at the start of the season and look how thats worked out. I trust him to know what is best for the team. We were drawing with the best team in the league going into the final part of the game. If we had drawn it there would be very few complaints but Arsenal snuck a lucky winner at the death. Hindsight and all that. If we had lost after he brought on attacking subs earlier you would all be lamenting those subs.

I think people are overestimating where we are as a team at the moment. We have a paper think squad with a real dearth of quality in various position and almost a complete lack of it outside of the first XI. EtH has done a cracking job but make no mistake, this squad needs another 2-300m invested in it to be competing for the league on merit rather than as a result of the weakness of the rest of the "big 6".

MUFC OK

Ten hag said he wanted weghorst to stay to defend corners.

Seems a pretty defensive mindset.
I thought Eriksen was the obvious change. He looked knackered and we had Bruno on the wing who could have been moved centrally.

kundalini

Rare for Garnacho to be on the pitch for 30 mins yet contribute nothing. Camera angle made it difficult to tell if it was Garnacho's touches being less than perfect, or if the passes he received weren't ideal. Perhaps the player marking him did a better job than most of his direct opponents to date.

Last edited:
Would still like to see him start against Reading, see what he's like from the start of a game. See if he can put in a shift defensively as well as going forward.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rare for Garnacho to be on the pitch for 30 mins yet contribute nothing. Camera angle made it difficult to tell if it was Garnacho's touches being less than perfect, or if the passes he received weren't ideal. Perhaps the player marking him did a better job than most of his direct opponents to date.
Think Aurier got the better of him physically a few times, then was doubled up a few more times. A learning experience for him I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.