6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

Not sure why you would think this is what would automatically happen. Kid has talent and an arrogance about him. He’s like Ronaldo in that way and he’s his idol, if anything I think he will rise to it.
He might. But the higher he gets (and confidence-level seems to an oldschool guy like me already borderline-too-high) the harder the impact will be when he falls. And this will happen - would be the first football ever to never experience a setback. Not against him getting the 7 shirt at some point. But lets make sure he isn't on a Januzaj trajectory before we put unnecessary pressure on him. He's 18 ffs. I'd argue the club would look a bit desperate if the would be given to somebody so young.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What does his return mean for us on the left for the remaining games once Rashford is back ?
I think it gives us the options to rotate a bit. I expect ETH will see Rashford-Martial-Antony as our first choice attack, but instead of bringing on Wout (although he had a decent cameo himself today to be fair) to protect Martial it'll be Garnacho with Rashford moving upfront. With only four games left in the season I'm guessing Garnacho will probably only start one of them.

SAFMUTD

Don't want to go overboard but if he doesn't win 5-6 ballon d'Or in the next 10 years I'd be really surprised.

Blood Mage

He's proof of why we should listen to our scouts more and stop indulging our managers.

Spark

Surely he’s rinsing everyone in training? Nailed on starter once fully fit. So happy he signed that contract.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
An attacking option who can be trusted in front of goal!? Tears in my f'n eyes right now!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan

Give the scout that discovered him and brought him to the club a bloody raise
It was Gerardo Guzman who discovered him in Spain and it was then ratified by the head of youth recruitment David Harrison. Harrison was poached from Man City and Guzman from Atletico Madrid.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Rather build around that left wing with him in mind long term, he also should be getting some international caps soon which means training with Messi and the like so hopefully that rubs off on him.

Ollie Derbyshire

He might. But the higher he gets (and confidence-level seems to an oldschool guy like me already borderline-too-high) the harder the impact will be when he falls. And this will happen - would be the first football ever to never experience a setback. Not against him getting the 7 shirt at some point. But lets make sure he isn't on a Januzaj trajectory before we put unnecessary pressure on him. He's 18 ffs. I'd argue the club would look a bit desperate if the would be given to somebody so young.
Not sure why people bring Januzaj up when comparing with Garnacho, he was very under whelming for me and never lived up to the hype from day 1. Garnacho looks the real deal.

ShinjiNinja26

Not sure why you would think this is what would automatically happen. Kid has talent and an arrogance about him. He’s like Ronaldo in that way and he’s his idol, if anything I think he will rise to it.
I was joking as it seems to have been a curse in recent years.

Edwards6

Is he going to the U20 world cup? Hope not we need him for the FA cup final

What a difference it makes having a player who makes those direct runs, and can actually reliably finish from them (looking at you Rashford).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yep. Days after signing a new contract — what could it all mean?
Wants to change shirts, he wants Real Madrid as symbolised by his very white skin. One goal and already his mind is else where. Typical

OrcaFat

He's proof of why we should listen to our scouts more and stop indulging our managers.
Do we really know which players are scouting recommended and which are manager picks against scouting advice? I read somewhere that Maguire was not endorsed by the scouts but who knows if that’s even true? Do you have particular players in mind?

Nick7

Gas that even having a good young player performing some will use it as a chance to have a pop at the club.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
His injury had a massive impact on our ability to make good impactful substitutes.

Of course he will need to translate his impact to starting appearances if and when he is selected as a regular starter, but right now his pace and enthusiasm off the bench is like gold.

jesperjaap

What a difference it makes having a player who makes those direct runs, and can actually reliably finish from them (looking at you Rashford).
Very valid point. Everybody talkig about rotation and being qan understudy...which he is at the moment. But mid term, his consistency of finishing if he continues to progress is much better than Rashfords.

The form of Rashford since Christmas until about six weeks ago was world class, the form of Rashford for the majority of the tim ebefore hand and the last six weeks, Garnacho offers just as much if not more and can take his place in a starting eleven

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Rashford can finish them when he’s in form. Unfortunately his forms tends to go on runs of being great to utterly infuriating.

FriedClams

Semedo is no slouch. Hope we make sure he’s on the best programme possible to maximize his pace, he’s going on to pack on some muscle in the next few years… might be worth getting Usain bolt in for proper guidance

CM10

There's a marked difference when you can call on a player like Garnacho from the bench. We've been one paced for ages, he gives us something different.

edcunited1878

It was Gerardo Guzman who discovered him in Spain and it was then ratified by the head of youth recruitment David Harrison. Harrison was poached from Man City and Guzman from Atletico Madrid.
But I thought Murtough and the recruitment didn't do anything, how is this possible?

NZT-One

Not sure why people bring Januzaj up when comparing with Garnacho, he was very under whelming for me and never lived up to the hype from day 1. Garnacho looks the real deal.
I think, "people" is a bit too much as I haven't seen anybody except me using the name. And for the record, with Januzaj, people as well thought he'd be the real deal. Only for PL defenders to prepare for him and him not capable of raising his level above. Not a dig at Januzaj. But young players are curious things - I am happy, we have Garnacho, lets try to be as reasonable as possible. Will get more than enough attention by United fans, giving him a famous number will bring him attention of rival fans just as well. And iirc he already showed that public pressure gets to him - let him grow and mature. If nr.7 shirt stays in reserve for a little longer, so be it.

Alemar

Very accurate strike. 2 more centimeters to the right, and it wouldn’t have gone in off the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.