6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

He should be starting games. Neither Sancho nor Antony have done anywhere near enough to be getting picked ahead of him.

izec

He is our best winger/inside forward. So much money wasted on Sancho and Anthony, when he is the better player and cost 100k. Just reflects our club the last 10 years though.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Has a small cameo and was the only time I felt like we offered any kind of threat to them at all. Honestly would go all in on this kid and give him the 7 for next season
Totally agree.
I would love to have seen Pellestri given a go on the right in the last 15 minutes.

Phil

Half an hour and our best attacker in the whole game.

MoskvaRed

Maybe he should have come on at halt time. No defence (even one as good as City’s) likes someone running at them with pace and aggression. i look forward to seeing him develop further next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Whatever Man Utd quality is, Garnacho has it. Travesty that he didn't start.

DavelinaJolie

Just love that he is so willing to take people on, and the way he drives for the touchline past fullbacks to put the ball across is great.

Can't wait to see how he develops next season.

The United

His dribbling is hit and miss at this moment, but I think he will become much better than Rashford in that area.

SER19

We'll do well to hold onto him without getting competitive soon. A brilliant talent

chay chay okocha

Another really encouraging performance, and his ability to go past and around fullbacks is absolutely something we lack in this team. What excites me is that he seems to be a very smart player - his decision making, final ball and shots are really good for his level of experience, and I would say is extremely rare in young players who play such a direct style of football. Really high hopes for both him and Amad, and hopefully they can start playing substantial and productive minutes for us next season.

united for life

Love this kid. I’m sure he’ll be key for us next year. High confidence, takes on players, speed.. very exciting talent for us. Sancho should in no way be starting ahead of him

The Irish Connection

He is our best winger/inside forward. So much money wasted on Sancho and Anthony, when he is the better player and cost 100k. Just reflects our club the last 10 years though.
In fairness, Greenwood was better on the right than those two as well, but he absolutely ruined his career.

Dan_F

We’ve got a real problem (if you want to call it that) fitting Rashford, Garnacho and a striker in the team.

Obviously we will play a lot of games etc etc, but the best players start the majority of games in their best position. Garnacho needs to fill out, which will take another couple years, but he needs regular first team football.

The Irish Connection

He is not a United player anymore, not in my mind, so i dont really see him part of our current squad. Point is, we waste too much money
100%, just saying that he created a huge problem for us to replace him on the right.
Sancho always had this stop start style to his game. Seems more of a 5 a side player.

Anyway, at least Garnacho is showing great potential.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Proud of him, he was excellent. So many telling me he's too young to start. It's ridiculous, he's such a threat and I hope he starts on the left next season. He's always running at defenders, proper United style. Sick to death of Sancho slowing the game down.

wangyu

He should have started and I’m not saying this in hindsight. It is clear as day he is our best winger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Electric when he came on. It had to be his positioning that’s holding him back. Otherwise he was terrific. Wish he had taken one of those chances to shoot. Love how he doesn’t stand still. That drive to keep going, pass give and go rather than stand around happy to just not make a mistake is what sets him apart.

The Hilton

Looked threatening when he came on but consistently made the wrong decision, shooting when he should have passed, and passing (with a poor final ball) when he should have shot.

Still, that'll improve with experience hopefully, he's got everything required to be a top player.

Ted Lasso

yea i thought it was in.
In some ways, maybe it was for the best. We've already got posters saying the kid needs to be starting every match. He's close but we've already seen him as a starter and it's not gone great. Still needs some easing in but he's a critical part of this team and very much THE future for the club.

Von Mistelroum

Genuinely our biggest threat because he can cause an actual problem for any defence, whereas someone like Rashford and Antony are much more limited and easily shut down. We really need more like this and less predictable players.

CloneMC16

I wish he was a right winger. Him and Rashford on opposite flanks would be great. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. His performances off the bench are usually very good. He hasn't been as good as a starter, but he'll need to make that transition at some point.

OrcaFat

Whoever brought him in did something right.

OrcaFat

I wish he was a right winger. Him and Rashford on opposite flanks would be great. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. His performances off the bench are usually very good. He hasn't been as good as a starter, but he'll need to make that transition at some point.
Yes he’s good off the bench but less effective when starting. Still very young.

Red Rash

It could be an interesting experiment to try him on the right in a few games to see how he does.

Rossa

Probably the very definition of raw. He has all the attributes. Electric acceleration, good top speed, really agile, great dribbler, good shot, nice finish, a good pass and even quite clever at times, but he is very erratic.

That being said, he was a real spark today - brilliant to watch.

Bobski

Played like a Utd winger, brave, direct, not afraid of making a mistake or giving the ball away and wanting to makes things happen.

OrcaFat

Electric when he came on. It had to be his positioning that’s holding him back. Otherwise he was terrific. Wish he had taken one of those chances to shoot. Love how he doesn’t stand still. That drive to keep going, pass give and go rather than stand around happy to just not make a mistake is what sets him apart.
Yeah he doesn’t seem to be very switched on to the collective effort when we’re defending. He’ll close down someone who has the ball but he gives up if he doesn’t win it, doesn’t shut off passing options, wanders about without much purpose.

On the plus side he knows exactly what to do when we have the ball; movement is great. He gets on the ball a lot because he makes it easy for us to get it to him.

atkar83

Probably the very definition of raw. He has all the attributes. Electric acceleration, good top speed, really agile, great dribbler, good shot, nice finish, a good pass and even quite clever at times, but he is very erratic.

That being said, he was a real spark today - brilliant to watch.
You're not going to win every time you take on a defender. Especially an 18 year old vs PL defenders. I'd rather he be 'erratic' if you consider it that than someone like Sancho who doesn't even try to beat his man

Rossa

You're not going to win every time you take on a defender. Especially an 18 year old vs PL defenders. I'd rather he be 'erratic' if you consider it that than someone like Sancho who doesn't even try to beat his man
Sancho isn’t erratic. He’s consistently unable to beat a man. In fact, I’d argue he’s the most consistent winger I know of in that regard.

Mwooyo

Let's be honest guys, Rashford is not a top winger who scares the hell out of his full back. He doesn't have many tricks in his box and if the fullback has pace, they are rarely troubled by Rashford. Rashford will end up as a striker within the next few seasons. I actually think Rashfords best attribute is his passing...given time, he bends his passes really well to find shaw or Anthony etc

Sylar

Played like a Utd winger, brave, direct, not afraid of making a mistake or giving the ball away and wanting to makes things happen.
It's great to see, and what we want. It's why I can't see Sancho and Antony being the players we really need when you compare.

The Purley King

Let's be honest guys, Rashford is not a top winger who scares the hell out of his full back. He doesn't have many tricks in his box and if the fullback has pace, they are rarely troubled by Rashford. Rashford will end up as a striker within the next few seasons. I actually think Rashfords best attribute is his passing...given time, he bends his passes really well to find shaw or Anthony etc
Rashford will never be an effective centre forward.
He can be shoe horned in but he’s way better on the left wing.
Will be interesting to see what happens next year as garnacho is knocking pretty heavily on the door.

Ole'sgunnarwin

In some ways, maybe it was for the best. We've already got posters saying the kid needs to be starting every match. He's close but we've already seen him as a starter and it's not gone great. Still needs some easing in but he's a critical part of this team and very much THE future for the club.
Yeah I'm so glad that didn't go in. I hate seeing our young players score on big occasions. I remember Rashford scoring against Arsenal on his debut. It was terrible for him. Plus it would have been a disaster if we won that match and stopped City winning the treble.

El Jefe

He will be incredible on his current trajectory. Our most threatening player today as City could not deal with him.
Yup, I feel a lot of people want to rush the process but we really have to be patient.

He's shown he's a game changer off the bench but as a starter he's not quite there yet. I feel he will get there but it will take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.