Position: Attack - Left Winger
Foot: Right
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He’ll have a Rashford like breakthrough at some point this season. He reminds me of a rapid Diogo Jota.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Immense talent who hopefully will benefit from the new coaching team.

Skills

Snitch
Hopefully with 5 subs, we'll give him regular time. Could be a demon to bring on with 15 minutes to go

LARulz

Any talk on what's happening with his contract/if he is signing on for longer?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Personally think there’s more hype than substance at the moment, but what I think gives him the best chance is that he appears to have a great attitude and appetite to succeed. I don’t see him as a Greenwood level, or even a Hannibal level talent though. Certainly not yet anyway.

Mr PG

I picked Garnacho being a 1st team player long before anyone else here midway the academy season. Now he's got the perfect coach to make that happen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Personally think there’s more hype than substance at the moment, but what I think gives him the best chance is that he appears to have a great attitude and appetite to succeed. I don’t see him as a Greenwood level, or even a Hannibal level talent though. Certainly not yet anyway.
I've seen very little but definitely didn't look like their level of talent (we won't get another Greenwood for awhile) but it's a small sample. Tbf if he has good amount of talent and the bolded two then he'll be a strong addition

Acquire Me

Needs to bulk up, and maybe a loan.
I don’t think a loan is right for him. He can train with the first team, get minutes and even some starters here and there and pick up some games with the u’s when needed.

Erik will know how to integrate him in a good way.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don’t think a loan is right for him. He can train with the first team, get minutes and even some starters here and there and pick up some games with the u’s when needed.

Erik will know how to integrate him in a good way.
And start games in the EL

Thiagoal

With all the issues we have in the attacking areas (Greenwood, CR7, Cavani, Mata not around) Rashford and Martial in terrible points of their career form wise- there is a massive opening for a few of the youngsters to grab! Rashford burst onto the scene and I’m hoping Garnacho can too!

It’ll be interesting to see if Amad, Pellestri or Shola can stake a claim too!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is his contract in order. He shouldnt get any opportunities here until it is
Eh? Not sure you need to create an adversarial relationship with a young talent you rate, you just need to persuade him to sign. Not like he's gonna be starting every game is it, hardly the end of the world.

Nicolarra90

As long as he isn't greenwood level cnutishness he will be alright.

Crashoutcassius

Eh? Not sure you need to create an adversarial relationship with a young talent you rate, you just need to persuade him to sign. Not like he's gonna be starting every game is it, hardly the end of the world.
A team can be tough with contracts without being adversarial. Too many of these guys wait til they play a few games then ransom for 50k+

Conor

I picked Garnacho being a 1st team player long before anyone else here midway the academy season. Now he's got the perfect coach to make that happen.
Well done mate, congratulations.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A team can be tough with contracts without being adversarial. Too many of these guys wait til they play a few games then ransom for 50k+
So you don't pay him 50k, it's not that hard. Few minutes here and there to show willing and to show you rate him, explain how you see his career path and what he needs to work on, lay out when you'll be offering him a future pay rise if he meets or exceeds your expectations, Bob's your uncle.

It's what Fergie used to do superbly, he'd offer players he was pleased with a new contract regardless of how many years they had left. Makes them feel valued and helps negotiations with them at all stages as they know you won't fight to screw them down so long as they meet their end of the bargain.

Olecurls99

Keep him in the youths. He's still a little too slight for men's football. A loan could knock the confidence out of him. Let him build on what he's done in the youths until he grows a bit.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I was surprised he opted for VDB and Amad through the middle instead of Garnacho yesterday. Can we read anything into that?

Him and Hannibal might need to up their game a bit.
Maybe they are slated to start on Friday? It’s a pretty bloated squad and they’ll need to rotate I guess.

LARulz

Bit odd he hasn't even come on this game, wonder what's happening

flameinthesun

Bit odd he hasn't even come on this game, wonder what's happening
Think its probably more EtH wanting to see whether the likes of chong, pellestri and amad are worth keeping around. Garnacho will be at united this season either way.

kidbob

Think its probably more EtH wanting to see whether the likes of chong, pellestri and amad are worth keeping around. Garnacho will be at united this season either way.
Could well be the case as Fernandez and Mjebri haven't seen any time either and are also considered our biggest talents. Might just be that ETH knows that they will feature in cup games or something this year.

flameinthesun

Could well be the case as Fernandez and Mjebri haven't seen any time either and are also considered our biggest talents. Might just be that ETH knows that they will feature in cup games or something this year.
Fernandez is lined up for a loan so don't think he's even with the squad, mejbri yeah I think is another that will be at united either way as well this season.

skc_18

Transfer Market has the contract till Jun 30,2023. Is it because it renews on his birthday till 2025.

jesperjaap

I think comparing anybody to Greenwood level of ability is a little unfair wahtever hype they are getting.

Ability wise Greenwood has everything and I hate the term generational player, but someone with all the tools he has coming through is very rare indeed, barely a hand ful of players in the last 30/40 years have come through the academy with the level of natural ability he has

jesperjaap

With all the issues we have in the attacking areas (Greenwood, CR7, Cavani, Mata not around) Rashford and Martial in terrible points of their career form wise- there is a massive opening for a few of the youngsters to grab! Rashford burst onto the scene and I’m hoping Garnacho can too!

It’ll be interesting to see if Amad, Pellestri or Shola can stake a claim too!
Yes, I havent seen much of Garnacho, what I have seen though he stil looks like a youth player with a tonne of ability, very raw with a lot of mistakes in him. That is no bad thing considerign his age, only natural.

I agree with you though. As things stand we have no Greenwood, we may only have Martial as a striker which may mean Rashford used there at times too if indeed Ronaldo moves on. Then also Rashford is out first choice left winger and the evidence over a fairly long period of time there doesnt fill my with optimism he can prove himself deserving of that. Then the back up is Elanga who seems a model pro, intelligent with his runs and decision making, fast....but are the other areas of his game good enough, not sure. Then on the right we have Sancho......who may still end up playing on the left if the former two fail.

Amad, Hannibal, Garnacho, Pellestri....four very talented youngsters. With a larger bench to be utilised may well be opportunities for minutes for several of them this season.

I'm not convinced so far any of them are ready, but Im also not convinced that the three players we have fill BOTH wing spots performance wise consistently. Personally have a funny feeling from where I dont know that Pellestri may break through from the bench over the season as I think SAncho still ends up on the left

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think comparing anybody to Greenwood level of ability is a little unfair wahtever hype they are getting.

Ability wise Greenwood has everything and I hate the term generational player, but someone with all the tools he has coming through is very rare indeed, barely a hand ful of players in the last 30/40 years have come through the academy with the level of natural ability he has
And that is why no forward has come through and established themselves for the 30 odd years before him. It isn’t easy, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the standard. This is Manchester United. I don’t get the ‘aww, stop being mean and saying he isn’t as good as Mase’ thing. If he isn’t, he will forever be upgradable is the point. He looks to be a decent talent. Which may well not be good enough here that’s all. If he were Mase level, then we’ll be talking dead cert.

Chief123

Fernandez isn’t on the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.