6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaucoup

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Garnacho dropped back down to the 21s now Ten Hag has had a good look at him. Having watched him a lot, I always thought his inclusion with the 1st team was a little premature, if it happens, it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

jesperjaap

And that is why no forward has come through and established themselves for the 30 odd years before him. It isn’t easy, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t the standard. This is Manchester United. I don’t get the ‘aww, stop being mean and saying he isn’t as good as Mase’ thing. If he isn’t, he will forever be upgradable is the point. He looks to be a decent talent. Which may well not be good enough here that’s all. If he were Mase level, then we’ll be talking dead cert.
Because in my opinion in terms of natural ability you are talking about potentially the best young player I have seen come through at the club. Left foot, right foot, pace, balance, step overs......I would from what i have seen put him aboe the likes of Morrison, Pogba in more recent times and even ahead of the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham....that is why it is unfair to compare in my opinion.

I am not sayign stop being mean, said myself pretty much he is a very talented yougster and naturally at that age a lot of rawness and mistakes in him, I dont think he is ready to start games.

Also no amount of talent means a dead cert. Greenwood was doign well, still feel his future at the time was as a 9 or 10 and he could well have gone on to have been one of the countries great strikers......but that wasnt a dead cert. Maybe it was knowing the off pitch problems, but his attitude, greediness and general performances though better than some of the other dross following were not guranteeing that future was going to come good. Also Garnacho isnt a forward anyway

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because in my opinion in terms of natural ability you are talking about potentially the best young player I have seen come through at the club. Left foot, right foot, pace, balance, step overs......I would from what i have seen put him aboe the likes of Morrison, Pogba in more recent times and even ahead of the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham....that is why it is unfair to compare in my opinion.

I am not sayign stop being mean, said myself pretty much he is a very talented yougster and naturally at that age a lot of rawness and mistakes in him, I dont think he is ready to start games.

Also no amount of talent means a dead cert. Greenwood was doign well, still feel his future at the time was as a 9 or 10 and he could well have gone on to have been one of the countries great strikers......but that wasnt a dead cert. Maybe it was knowing the off pitch problems, but his attitude, greediness and general performances though better than some of the other dross following were not guranteeing that future was going to come good. Also Garnacho isnt a forward anyway
I agree that MG is quite possibly the best that has come through the club. Certainly for many years. I’m just saying ‘the best that has come through our academy’ isn’t really any sort of bar as such. Which is why the majority of the best clubs in the world have done, and will continue to predominantly fill their teams with the best players to come from other team’s academies. They rarely produce players good enough to play for them, but we did with Mason, so we put him in the team. That’s why I’m saying it isn’t nothing to just say ‘well of course he isn’t as good as Greenwood’ - it’s actually quite relevant in the context of a future certainly as a United regular. Greenwood was only a United regular because he was as good as Greenwood.

I like Garnacho, I think he’s good, I was just putting his ability in context. I’m not yet sure whether he’ll be good enough to play for United long-term at this stage, and I don’t think he has the level of talent that immediately demands that he will be. Mason did. He’s got a decent chance though, and that’s all I meant really. I think Hannibal is more of a Mason Greenwood level at early viewing. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Garnacho had more of a Joshua King level of career, who I also thought was a fantastic talent for us. Welbeck also wasn’t Greenwood level, which was okay because Greenwood is one of our best ever and all that - but then Welbeck was also sold as a result of not being Mason Greenwood.

LARulz

Not starting again but hopefully gets minutes this time

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think it's entirely unexpected, I really rate him but did seem to get fast-tracked a little too quickly.

Daonico

genuine question here, why is he considered Argentinian if he was born in Madrid? wouldn't his first nationality be Spanish and his second Argentinian?

AltiUn

genuine question here, why is he considered Argentinian if he was born in Madrid? wouldn't his first nationality be Spanish and his second Argentinian?
His parents are Argentinian and he's chosen to represent Argentina at first team level so from a football perspective it makes sense to call him Argentinian.

Daonico

His parents are Argentinian and he's chosen to represent Argentina at first team level so from a football perspective it makes sense to call him Argentinian.
It’s up for him to decide between nations that he’s a citizen of, and he’s in and around the Argentina squad
Argentine mother so he qualifies for either
Oh ok, I thought the "first nationality" was always where you were born. Thanks

Resch

Carvani gone, Pogba gone, CR7 maybe gone, Martial was on loan, Raashford underperformed, Sancho underperformed, Elanga still inconsistent, VDB was on loan. The problem could be that ETH has to kickstart our attack first before he could think about "new" talent.

Strootman's Finger

Not sure he's made a final decision. He's been part of the Argentine squad, but not played. And they did that to try and cement him in the squad but he could still choose Spain.

Strootman's Finger

A little surprising he can't even get on the bench. Is he going on Loan? There are other clubs in Europe already sniffing around him, if he's the talent he's meant to be we better be careful how we treat him, we don't want another Pogba situation.

RedDevilQuebecois

It’s seems ETH doesn’t rate him much yet.
And that is extremely concerning as far as it goes. We already know who is going to make it and who is not going to make it among the other youngsters, and thus it makes zero sense to not let him have a run out when those preseason matches are tailor-made to find out what he's capable of.

A little surprising he can't even get on the bench. Is he going on Loan? There are other clubs in Europe already sniffing around him, if he's the talent he's meant to be we better be careful how we treat him, we don't want another Pogba situation.
This.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
And that is extremely concerning as far as it goes. We already know who is going to make it and who is not going to make it among the other youngsters, and thus it makes zero sense to not let him have a run out when those preseason matches are tailor-made to find out what he's capable of.

This.
Yeh I think so, especially when ETH is give many mins to so many youth/fringe players during preseasons.

AltiUn

Not sure he's made a final decision. He's been part of the Argentine squad, but not played. And they did that to try and cement him in the squad but he could still choose Spain.
Ah I didn't realise he hadn't played yet.

Olecurls99

Still looks a little slight and young for men's football. Loads of time for him to fill out. Maybe a loan could work but you don't want to knock his confidence either.

bringbackbebe

Seems a bit odd that Fish, Chong and Laird get a chance but not Garnacho. Either he's not impressed ETH or ETH wants to rein in overblown fan/player expectations.

Highfather_24

No coach is perfect. As much as we all are looking for positives, ETH will also make mistakes, and there will be decisions which the CAF wholeheartedly disagrees with.

Garnacho seems to be an explosive goalscoring winger, maybe ETH thinks his overall game is not good enough? Maybe he is too selfish?

WirralRed

Let’s not forget he’s only just turned 18. right now Ten Hag has to assess how the first team attackers adapts to his tactics as he needs to start the league strong. I’m sure Garnacho, if he has the right attitude, will only be pushed on because of this, I still think by the end of the season, as long as he hasn’t been loaned out, will be getting regular minuets.

MileStolar

I reckon it's better he didn't get game time vs Palace. Following substitutions our forwards barely saw the ball, Hannibal in particular barely had a touch.

I'd like to see him on the left instead of Elanga though, but Elanga has a year behind him where he played quite a bit for the first team, so it's expected he gets a nod before Garnacho.

Acquire Me

Odds on some minutes today?
I hope he will get some minutes and think he will. The pitch is probably not perfect, so might be smart to do some changes even though he want to play a first team most of the match.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Oh ok, I thought the "first nationality" was always where you were born. Thanks
People are born in Britain to immigrants and don’t even qualify for a British passport until they are 10.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Bringing on Hannibal as a centre forward over Garnacho seems a bit odd but what do I know?

Jaykespeare88

Its actually a good thing his not featured, Ten Hag has stated there's a heirachy, so the the current u23s are ahead of him, rightly so, they need to be given a fair crack, and it should instill in him what it takes to get into the first team and whats expected of him off the pitch.

AltiUn

Bringing on Hannibal as a centre forward over Garnacho seems a bit odd but what do I know?
I'd wager ten Hag recognises Garnacho isn't at first team level yet and he's probably right.

Chief123

There’s rumours that it was Garnacho. Would explain why he didn’t get any game time if it was him.

bringbackbebe

There’s rumours that it was Garnacho. Would explain why he didn’t get any game time if it was him.
True, would also explain why Ten Hag deflected and answered indirectly the question about Garnacho playtime.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Is he the only one who didn't see any playtime on this tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.