Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly as a 18-21 year old I’d never extend a contract unless the club makes me start in at least 15 league games in the season prior to which they offer me a new contract. If they bully me or curtail my career for not extending then that makes it the right decision. There is no monetary security as your fixed wage will not be large enough to live off, you’re not really risking anything. You’re better off going to a team that plays you and then building from there.
Hopefully his agent and family are not a money grubbers.

wangyu

It looks unlikely he will play soon. I think he will leave in January. The squad is still way too big. There must be around 30 players looking for a spot.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
looking at how thin our squad is I don't think this will be a worry in a few months time.. he's almost guaranteed to get game time
At some point he would have to look at his future at this club. With two very young and talented 80m rated winger well ahead of him, while he is not getting any minutes behind the likes of Rashford and Elanga too, maybe he would want to give it a try elsewhere, as there are already handful of top clubs monitoring his situation.

Tarrou

At some point he would have to look at his future at this club. With two very young and talented 80m rated winger well ahead of him, while he is not getting any minutes behind the likes of Rashford and Elanga too, maybe he would want to give it a try elsewhere, as there are already handful of top clubs monitoring his situation.
I'm sure he's looking at other options, and he should be. The template is quite well established at this point; train at top club, let contract run down and transfer to easier league to get minutes, then transfer back to bigger club. It's a good path-way to develop and it's good financially too.

this decision will obviously hang mostly on Ten Hag, I would guess.. if he feels he is under a good manager to help improve him, he'll stay

Man Utd 0:1 Real Sociedad

Sylar

Showed a good intensity. Would have liked to have seen him on earlier. Hopefully gets some more game time

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He looked far more ready to play with big boys than Elanga and even Sancho from those 10-15 minutes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm not sure what he did that Elanga didn't when he came on to be honest. He's still very raw and will need time.

Mike Smalling

I'm not sure what he did that Elanga didn't when he came on to be honest. He's still very raw and will need time.
That's because he didn't do anything, really. I'm all for giving these young players chances, but there is no evidence that he is a better option than Elanga, at this point. Actually, Elanga had a couple of decent runs yesterday, and he certainly did as much as Antony and more than Sancho managed in his cameo.

Chief123

I think in the coming 12-18 months he’s going to end up offering us more than Sancho does.

Sancho’s progress has been very worrying.

Bwuk

I think in the coming 12-18 months he’s going to end up offering us more than Sancho does.

Sancho’s progress has been very worrying.
Sadly it wouldn't be hard. Sancho is poor more often than not sadly.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
What I noticed most was how awful his hair was and how Charlie McNeill looked almost identical to him. Long way to go before the first team I think.

MrBest

Thought Elanga was good last night both going forward and in defensive phases.
I agree, his end product is lacking though. I think starts ahead of Garnacho for now because he has slightly more experience and had more time during pre season. I think in a few months of more minutes for Garnacho, he will probably edge him.

Chief123

What I noticed most was how awful his hair was and how Charlie McNeill looked almost identical to him. Long way to go before the first team I think.
It seems to be a trend. Brandon Williams vibes.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree, his end product is lacking though. I think starts ahead of Garnacho for now because he has slightly more experience and had more time during pre season. I think in a few months of more minutes for Garnacho, he will probably edge him.
Yes. I think Elanga just lacks that final pass or finish. I mean he could develop this as people seem to forget he’s only young himself. It just seems fashionable to shit him which I don’t particularly like.

afatzp

I do see more a player in Garnacho than the like of Sancho . What impresses me most today is how comfortable he dealt with the basics :
  • Calmly receive long balls under close watch ;
  • Firm steps to retain ball controls and barely show any chance for opponents to steal from him; pacey but still maintaining close control when dribbling;
  • Pressing constantly , not those fake pressing that just show up there but never close enough to give pressure, but real one and smartly narrowing down opponents' options to pass the balls.
I see him as a real deal and sense a vibe much like Greenwood back then . Let's see how his development goes and will be interesting one.

Mike Smalling

I feel like I watched a different game than most posters on here. I can't think of any moment yesterday that made me think Garnacho will be a player for us.

There's this RedCafe phenomenon, where our academy players will all be amazing for us and should start games, but when they do they look pretty average. Same story with Garnacho, Garner, Mejbri, Henderson, etc. The only player I can think of, where the academy hype turned out to be true is Greenwood.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I feel like I watched a different game than most posters on here. I can't think of any moment yesterday that made me think Garnacho will be a player for us.

There's this RedCafe phenomenon, where our academy players will all be amazing for us and should start games, but when they do they look pretty average. Same story with Garnacho, Garner, Mejbri, Henderson, etc. The only player I can think of, where the academy hype turned out to be true is Greenwood.
Yeah agreed. And there's always this clamour to play them as if they might be a Rashford like explosion onto to the scene, and they get loads of leeway, until they're a year or so in and it's "why is he playing"

kunal18

He showed a lot of what he is about in the preseason game against Rayo Vallacano ,he seemed to just have that star quality about him.
Yesterday he dint have much of a chance to have a go at their fullback as we just were just lumping the ball forwards in the last 20 minutes and struggling to properly advance the ball. I think he will make the step up. Lets see in coming games.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has very high protruding cheekbones, at least. And a Prison Break tattoo

Pronewbie

Peep

Agreed except even MG was slightly overrated. One of the worst this past decade for me is Januzaj.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Agreed except even MG was slightly overrated. One of the worst this past decade for me is Januzaj.
Januzaj was out of desperation to try and make the Moyes tenure have a sliver of positivity. He's still played at a very high level, to be fair to him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Yeah wasn't a performance that you would say he deserves to start over others. Looked pretty raw to me

jesperjaap

Dont think its just a RedCafe fans, think loads of clubs overhype youth players as a) Fans lvoe to see players come through the ranks b) People dont appreciate how huge the step up os from youth football to premiership football, especially with all the money in the league now to go out and spend £40m on a player even for mid sized clubs c) A lot of people jump on a band wagon of raving about youngsters having seen them for 10minutes

Think there very few youngsters you see and think "he is going to be a huge player", the Fergie fledglings even took a while to really convince they could be top top players on the whole even doing so well early on.

Only Morrison, Pogba and Greenwood stood out as near certainties for me, been lots of others have looked really talented and had a chance, but no guarantee.

There are a few at the moment Laird, Mainoo, Hannibal and Garnacho I think have a chance of making it, none look like guarantees at the moment though. I think it is a shame some of them (exclude Mainnoo with his age and relative game time) that its a shame they havent got more minutes from the bench or more opportunities of even being on the bench.

As for Garnacho, he looks talented and to have the right attitude and desire, but from the little I have seen of him which is literally about 3 youth games and not the full 90mins......he looks really raw, talk that he should be starting over some players is certainly a little premature...what would be good would to see us wining a game comfortably enough after an hour ti give him mroe time, but we simply arent creating enough bar on the break to be closing games out to give players like him these kinds of opportunties at hte moment, we havent for a few years even

But yes we certainly overhype many. I have never nought into Henderson or Garner for example, or Januzaj as he seemed to have no pace at all, though they could have good careers, yet there have been some I thought had a chance like Perreira and Gomes and they never broke through, they had grat technical ability....again the step up though

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Dont think its just a RedCafe fans, think loads of clubs overhype youth players as a) Fans lvoe to see players come through the ranks b) People dont appreciate how huge the step up os from youth football to premiership football, especially with all the money in the league now to go out and spend £40m on a player even for mid sized clubs c) A lot of people jump on a band wagon of raving about youngsters having seen them for 10minutes

Think there very few youngsters you see and think "he is going to be a huge player", the Fergie fledglings even took a while to really convince they could be top top players on the whole even doing so well early on.

Only Morrison, Pogba and Greenwood stood out as near certainties for me, been lots of others have looked really talented and had a chance, but no guarantee.

There are a few at the moment Laird, Mainoo, Hannibal and Garnacho I think have a chance of making it, none look like guarantees at the moment though. I think it is a shame some of them (exclude Mainnoo with his age and relative game time) that its a shame they havent got more minutes from the bench or more opportunities of even being on the bench.

As for Garnacho, he looks talented and to have the right attitude and desire, but from the little I have seen of him which is literally about 3 youth games and not the full 90mins......he looks really raw, talk that he should be starting over some players is certainly a little premature...what would be good would to see us wining a game comfortably enough after an hour ti give him mroe time, but we simply arent creating enough bar on the break to be closing games out to give players like him these kinds of opportunties at hte moment, we havent for a few years even

But yes we certainly overhype many. I have never nought into Henderson or Garner for example, or Januzaj as he seemed to have no pace at all, though they could have good careers, yet there have been some I thought had a chance like Perreira and Gomes and they never broke through, they had grat technical ability....again the step up though
It’s far too early to tell with Garnacho. Looks the business in youth football, but many do and never make it. Patience will be key. I don’t expect him to show much this season to enable us to make a judgement. People nowadays expect much too much, much too soon from young players. And many get thrown on the scrap heap or overhyped/promoted far too early. Getting a season or two of mens football at a lower level should be the norm. As far as I am concerned, the ability to jump from youth football to the premier league, is a phenomenon reserved for the exceptional few. It shouldn’t be an expected pathway.

In the decades I’ve supported the club, I’ve only seen a handful of players ready to make the jump directly and successfully, in a way that you knew they’d not look out of place from the start. That list is reserved for talents like Giggs, and Greenwood. Even Scholes and Beckham needed a couple of seasons of slow introduction, to make the grade.

What Garnacho has going to him, that helps shorten the curve, is searing pace. Defenders will always be scared of pace to some degree. And even if physically and technically he has a long way to go, in the right situation, he has the ability to stretch the game.

Tallis

Agree that he looks Raw. He needs to make a significant step up in next couple of seasons. There is talent there and think he will be ok on the physical side as well.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Raw or not, the game yesterday didn't suit a 18 years old boy with a lot of pressure from last season that we will become our next big star. He has yet not played 90 minutes for the first team and it seems that some supporters have already made up their mind that he is not "good enough".

We can not expect that our players comping up from the youth system will be dominate or even perform good the first 10-15 games. Give the lad 20-30 min against team where we actually attack and are playing good and maybe then he will have the chance to express himself more.

Just look at Elliot in Liverpool, the boy is starting big games in PL and CL without shining but he still gets minutes from Klopp.

Either we give our young players a real chance when they are ready or we just don't invest in getting over guys from all across Europe when they are 16 years old. No need to spend money when we don't have room to give them any minutes in the first team after a season like Garnacho had last year for u18s and u23s.

He even got a chance to travel with Argentinas senior squad a couple of months ago. Would be strange that both Ralf, ETH and the Argentinian coach all saw something in him that supporters here don't.

DepaysCowboyHat

Sorry if its been pointed out/discusser but he has the wrong flag next to him in the banner, Doesnt he? He's from Argentina...does he play for Spain?

jesperjaap

It’s far too early to tell with Garnacho. Looks the business in youth football, but many do and never make it. Patience will be key. I don’t expect him to show much this season to enable us to make a judgement. People nowadays expect much too much, much too soon from young players. And many get thrown on the scrap heap or overhyped/promoted far too early. Getting a season or two of mens football at a lower level should be the norm. As far as I am concerned, the ability to jump from youth football to the premier league, is a phenomenon reserved for the exceptional few. It shouldn’t be an expected pathway.

In the decades I’ve supported the club, I’ve only seen a handful of players ready to make the jump directly and successfully, in a way that you knew they’d not look out of place from the start. That list is reserved for talents like Giggs, and Greenwood. Even Scholes and Beckham needed a couple of seasons of slow introduction, to make the grade.

What Garnacho has going to him, that helps shorten the curve, is searing pace. Defenders will always be scared of pace to some degree. And even if physically and technically he has a long way to go, in the right situation, he has the ability to stretch the game.
I agree, which is pretty obvious as you have responded to my post by saying pretty mucht the exact same thing I said in my post?

kaku06

I agree. I just don’t see it with him as other do. The bar is so low when compared to the likes Elanga that it doesn’t say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.