Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is destined to become backup for Sancho and Antony, If I am being honest.

But since our manager plays player based on credits (ie Mctominay start over Casemiro), he may still have a chance.

Ekeke

I feel like I watched a different game than most posters on here. I can't think of any moment yesterday that made me think Garnacho will be a player for us.

There's this RedCafe phenomenon, where our academy players will all be amazing for us and should start games, but when they do they look pretty average. Same story with Garnacho, Garner, Mejbri, Henderson, etc. The only player I can think of, where the academy hype turned out to be true is Greenwood.
While I dont think you're completely wrong that a lot of our young players get overrated and assumed to be better than youngsters coming through at other clubs in the same age bracket, its also because we have signed some young players who looked highly talented and proven at a level above them and they have come in and havent done much better.

So its more a case of believing that the young player can perform at a higher level than someone who is currently playing for us getting plenty of chances and not looking the part, even if they did well before we signed them. Thats the case with Elanga. For example he played better than Sancho and Antony in europe this week. It doesnt mean the level of his performance was good enough to make you think he's going to be a starter for us in 2 years. It does mean that our higher profile players need to try more and be more effective, else he'll deserve to start instead of them.

And we'll see with Garnacho and the rest. They might not turn out to be good enough to be the player we want starting in their position for a 3-5 year period, but they are possibly players who can come in and perform better than our other players in their position until we go out and spend the money on a big talent who comes in and actually does well and locks down the position. And often thats taken us several attempts. So until that time where we get it right, they could be useful and important regular starters if they are given and take their chances and give the manager the things he wants to see from them

lsd

The Oracle
He is nowhere near ready for the first team just yet as he showed last time out.

Elanga is ahead of him right now and it's not even close

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Personally I think he has a higher sealing than Elanga

I think he does too. But you know how 2nd season syndrome tends to hit kids coming up.

Elanga was a shining light at first but the league/players tends to find out their weakness pretty quick. He will need to work on expanding his skillsets before he becomes a one-trick pony. The same could happen to Garnacho too.

flameinthesun

Could develop into a tidy player, but since greenwood I don't think we have any real potential wonderkids in the u21s. In the u18s its still too early to tell with likes of mainoo etc. Hopefully 1 or 2 like iqbal can develop into decent squad players for us.

phelans shorts

Could develop into a tidy player, but since greenwood I don't think we have any real potential wonderkids in the u21s. In the u18s its still too early to tell with likes of mainoo etc. Hopefully 1 or 2 like iqbal can develop into decent squad players for us.
That would make ours an incredibly high standard of academy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: I think the Prison Break one is on the opposite arm

Trequarista10

Exciting!

I especially like how he's starting with virtually an entire first XI too. Sometimes youngsters all get thrown in together in a dead rubber alongside older bench players, and it doesn't seem as beneficial as playing alongside the first teamers.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope he has a storming game. We need a bit of dynamism on that left side.

AJ VII

Think this will be a good game for him to start in. Our lineup is strong, we play at Old Trafford against a poor team and we need to win so we will play with alot of enthusiasm.

Hope to see som of the other prospects if we can get a 3 goal lead by the 60th minut.

Trex

If he gives it as much a go as he did in preseason he'll be behind just Rashford for the LW spot in no time.

Shark

@NotShark
Big night for him to start finally competing with Sancho for the left wing.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I hope he can make his mark on the game tonight. Sancho needs shifting from the starting XI or a kick up the arse and currently with Martial injured forcing Rashford through the middle when fit, Garnacho seems the only candidate to me to play true 10Hagball.

SAF is the GOAT

I hope that unlike our other wingers, he'll go head on against Sheriff's defenders with a dribble and beat them 1v1.

Red Rash

Every time I see Garnacho all I can think is that T-Bag’s mug is on his arm :lol:
Hey! You don't know what you are talking about. Garnacho is such a big United fan that he got Gary Neville's face tattooed on himself.

HookedOnAPhelan

No goal or assist. Shame, as this was likely his last chance to make it here. Will probably have a decent career in the Championship though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So direct. I loved it.
So, does anyone know for sure; did he signed new contract or not?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Direct is a good look on a United attacker at the moment. Fair play. Made an impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.