Alejandro Garnacho

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As talented as he is, I don't think he is ready for any proper game time this season. At least not until the 2nd half of the season. Definitely not a player who goes on loan though. He'll get fast tracked soon enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As talented as he is, I don't think he is ready for any proper game time this season. At least not until the 2nd half of the season. Definitely not a player who goes on loan though. He'll get fast tracked soon enough.
Both Pedri and Gavi become regular first team players at Barca at about same age. If he is good enough, he is ready to play for us. And since we are running shorts of forwards this season, maybe we should play him more.

Frank Grimes

I thought the same but now I'm not so sure. If Rashford stinks the place out again he could be an option.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well Elanga gets proper game time for so, he probably is.

croadyman

That cameo is worthy of a spot on the bench next week especially with the 5 subs now

Marcus

I think he may have just zipped past Elanga in terms of pecking order of our forwards.

croadyman

I think he may have just zipped past Elanga in terms of pecking order of our forwards.
Bloody hope so, yes it wasn't a league game but most impressive home debut since Ronaldo against Bolton in 03

Ole'sattheWheel

Really liked the look of him.

One of those where you can just feel he's gonna be great. Hope to see more of him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bloody hope so, yes it wasn't a league game but most impressive home debut since Ronaldo against Bolton in 03
Ffs relax with that comment :lol: Even just looking at teenagers, Rooney hat trick, Rashford his 2 goals in the Europa League and then 2 goals and assist against Arsenal, Martial vs Liverpool...

JuriM

So his involvement with the squad is believed to be in connection with Ronaldo's. I would keep both and use the rotation. But maybe we are really in the market for some additions.

Chief123

If Elanga is getting game time then Garnacho is ready. Although Elanga started off brightly in the first team I’ve always been wary of whether he’s good enough to be a first team regular. I’ve still not seen anything to suggest he is. However, Garnacho certainly has the x-factor and confidence to suggest he wouldn’t look out of place in the first team. There would still be many obstacles for him to overcome but he certainly seems to have the attributes to be able to succeed. It’s just going to come down to application and mental strength. ETH will know when he feels he is ready.

Like some have mentioned, I certainly got Ronaldo debut vibes from his performance yesterday.

There’s a lot of things you can tell from a performance like that, especially with regards to mentality. A lot of youngsters in that moment will most often play safe and not be as expressive. But you can see Garnacho has the fearlessness that you need to be able to make a mark as a youngster.

Man-P

A bit selfish, but probably the best talent out of the academy in the last 5 years...apart from YNW.
The boy is not selfish. He is just direct and wants to do anything to win. You can't always pass the ball the first time you receive, it makes a team predictable

Tarrou

Based on that performance I don’t think he’ll be going on loan

especially as we’re short in attackers

mikeyt

If Elanga is here and this kid goes on loan I'd be disappointed. Garnacho has already shown he can offer something to this team where as Elanga just seems to run around a bit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Elanga is here and this kid goes on loan I'd be disappointed. Garnacho has already shown he can offer something to this team where as Elanga just seems to run around a bit.
Agree

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think ten Hag likes him… he said he was impressed with him. If your good enough, Your going to stay and fight for a place. This guy is definitely good enough. Probably better then Elanga. Garnacho is the type of player that will get fans of there seats and he’s electric!!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Elanga is getting game time then Garnacho is ready. Although Elanga started off brightly in the first team I’ve always been wary of whether he’s good enough to be a first team regular. I’ve still not seen anything to suggest he is. However, Garnacho certainly has the x-factor and confidence to suggest he wouldn’t look out of place in the first team. There would still be many obstacles for him to overcome but he certainly seems to have the attributes to be able to succeed. It’s just going to come down to application and mental strength. ETH will know when he feels he is ready.

Like some have mentioned, I certainly got Ronaldo debut vibes from his performance yesterday.

There’s a lot of things you can tell from a performance like that, especially with regards to mentality. A lot of youngsters in that moment will most often play safe and not be as expressive. But you can see Garnacho has the fearlessness that you need to be able to make a mark as a youngster.
Tbf on Elanga, he has had 3 managers in the last 12 months. Thats certainly not helping his development.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Some people really need to think this through.

Garnacho played well against Rayo Vallecano. which seemed to impress lots of people including the manager. But it's one game in a pre-season friendly. It may well be different in a League match with points at stake and away from home. The lad has basically skipped any reserve team football and gone from the youth team into the first team. Now there's always the saying "if you're good enough..." which is fine. But let's see if he is after 20 games or so.

Those suggesting we should loan out Elanga are way off the mark. We don't know how Elanga will progress under the new manager, and even if we sent Elanga out on loan, if Garnacho regresses or gets a knock (he hasn't fully developed physically yet) then we are missing two forwards.

None of that makes any sense. As always, the coaching staff know what they are doing and how best to integrate Garnacho into the first team and when to drop him back down to the Reserves.

He is an exciting young talent and as always look forward to see how he progresses.

Bojan Djordjic

I think some people took his lack of time in early pre-season negatively but I always viewed it as Erik needing to see the other players and make decisions on their future's whereas with Garnacho its certain he will stay and develop around the first team.

He surprised me today with just how easy he got past the opposition defender, the step up looked like nothing to him. I'd say the last to do that was Rashford. The game did suit his style today though, lots of space in wide areas to run rather than the tighter areas where he's not yet as good. So as much as we should be excited we probably need to temper expectations a bit too.
I think reading between the lines on reporting it seemed to be implied that he was late for team meetings and lost out on selection as a disciplinary measure.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

So his involvement with the squad is believed to be in connection with Ronaldo's. I would keep both and use the rotation. But maybe we are really in the market for some additions.
eh? no thats not how I read it at all. I read it as united are prioritising the Ronaldo situation first and then once that's done will sit down with Garnacho's agents. No chance an 18 year old who has barely even been a squad player impacts Ronaldo's situation.

ForeverRed1

Chong is a very talented player. But he is so frustrating with his final pass/shot.
Poor decision making.
watching him at the game on Sunday, he was really really poor. Could blame lack of match fitness etc but every time he got the ball he lost it. Really amateur level stuff.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
watching him at the game on Sunday, he was really really poor. Could blame lack of match fitness etc but every time he got the ball he lost it. Really amateur level stuff.
what? He played far more minutes than Garnacho who hadn't featured at all of the tour, the difference between them was night and day.

JuriM

eh? no thats not how I read it at all. I read it as united are prioritising the Ronaldo situation first and then once that's done will sit down with Garnacho's agents. No chance an 18 year old who has barely even been a squad player impacts Ronaldo's situation.
Vice versa as you said, if Ronaldo stays he is more likely to go on loan for more gametime and if Ronaldo leaves he is more likely to get more gametime with senior squad.

Gurtej

Chong is a very talented player. But he is so frustrating with his final pass/shot.
Poor decision making.

Come on now....he is at best a championship material....and that's me being generous....

ForeverRed1

what? He played far more minutes than Garnacho who hadn't featured at all of the tour, the difference between them was night and day.
Chong was awful. Garnacho excellent.

everytime garnacho got the ball the crowd got to their feet. He was brilliant. Don’t know what game you watched….

Chief123

I must have watched Chong play about 10 times now. Every time I’ve seen him play he’s not looked great at all. He was very poor on the weekend too. Garnacho’s performance was significantly better than Chong’s.

Having watched every game of the tour, Chong was terrible every time he featured.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I really excited to see ETH bring Garnacho into fold. Hopefully, ETH is Sir Alex second coming where young players are brought into XI. Garnacho is out new Giggs, Iqbal is our new Scholes, Savage is our new Butt. 3 futures XI.

CarbonStoolBites

Some people really need to think this through.

Garnacho played well against Rayo Vallecano. which seemed to impress lots of people including the manager. But it's one game in a pre-season friendly. It may well be different in a League match with points at stake and away from home. The lad has basically skipped any reserve team football and gone from the youth team into the first team. Now there's always the saying "if you're good enough..." which is fine. But let's see if he is after 20 games or so.
If you can’t see it then you can’t see it, if you know you know.
Sometimes its obvious who has “that” and who is special, this kid is absolutely special.
Things seem to flow differently on the pitch for special players, I’m not pretending to be some genius scout or anything but from what I’ve seen he’s very special, and should be given serious game time as a result.
Rayo as all Spanish teams aren’t a walk in the park even though it was just a friendly, they seemed up to it, I think he’s going to be a great player.

Tibs

He needs to stay...he's better than Elanga as an attacking option

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Vice versa as you said, if Ronaldo stays he is more likely to go on loan for more gametime and if Ronaldo leaves he is more likely to get more gametime with senior squad.
We are running short of attackers even if Ronaldo stays, so I don’t think it’s really related.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Looks like the real deal. Definitely needs to stay with the first team and get some playing time. If I'm going to be tough on him, I will say that he needs to work on his left foot more as he seems to always want to cut back to his right. Other than that, he looks good...