Alejandro Garnacho

DSG

First I’ve heard of this kid, but this video popped up on my YouTube feed.

What does anyone know about him? Some of the footage is obviously from U19s I guess, but it also looks as if he’s been promoted to the Reserves / U23 squad.

Is he as promising a prospect as he looks in the video?

Mickson

He has had a good season so far, probably, if not, the best player in our U18 so far. I would say he looks promising but I will probably judge him better next season. He has played two games for the U23, so not really promoted. He was okayish last season, but up and down a lot. He has been more consistent this season so far. I would say he's a little bit like Fernando Torres. Very strong, pacey, and powerful, a good runner with the ball but his touch can be up and down. He's not Mata in that department. He likes it best as a wide attacker, a bit like Elanga and Rashford position-wise. He's a goalscorer mainly but has been popping up with a few assists as well. Seven goals and six assists in twelve starts for U18. Two goals in two starts for the U23 (both goals in the same match).

TsuWave

had that video in my YouTube feed as well. watched a bit, didn’t see a single step-over so wrote him off. no time for these swagless ballers stat padding in the youth set up

MrSingh2002

had that video in my YouTube feed as well. watched a bit, didn’t see a single step-over so wrote him off. no time for these swagless ballers stat padding in the youth set up
Haha I've liked Garnacho since we signed him. I see him as a young Aguero type. Can dribble and get a shot off. I approve and want to see him continue his development towards the first team picture.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Haha I've liked Garnacho since we signed him. I see him as a young Aguero type. Can dribble and get a shot off. I approve and want to see him continue his development towards the first team picture.
He has had a good season so far, probably, if not, the best player in our U18 so far. I would say he looks promising but I will probably judge him better next season. He has played two games for the U23, so not really promoted. He was okayish last season, but up and down a lot. He has been more consistent this season so far. I would say he's a little bit like Fernando Torres. Very strong, pacey, and powerful, a good runner with the ball but his touch can be up and down. He's not Mata in that department. He likes it best as a wide attacker, a bit like Elanga and Rashford position-wise. He's a goalscorer mainly but has been popping up with a few assists as well. Seven goals and six assists in twelve starts for U18. Two goals in two starts for the U23 (both goals in the same match).
One says Torres and the other Aguero. Thats quite a range -- both are very different players. :lol: :lol:

Are we talking about the same player?

I am leaning towards Fernando myself.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Weird. I also had the same video pop up in my yt suggestions today. Looks promising, probably as a wide striker. I like pacey players who beat players based on ball control at speed rather than stepovers and such

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s so hard to call who’ll make it. I thought Hugil looked a super talent last season in the 23s and should have been sent out on loan this year. McNeil looking too good for 18s and ok at 23s but still very young. Garnacho really finding his feet at 18s. Both are two footed. Highly rated. Still growing. Are they both potentially class or in reality miles off? It’s just so hard to tell. England u18s is a poor level and these were some of the best players in their last teams in very good youth setups. The only way you ever know is by challenging them as early as possible and hoping they can stay injury free. Hopefully we don’t just leave them in the 23s for a season or two.

Demaw

It’s so hard to call who’ll make it. I thought Hugil looked a super talent last season in the 23s and should have been sent out on loan this year. McNeil looking too good for 18s and ok at 23s but still very young. Garnacho really finding his feet at 18s. Both are two footed. Highly rated. Still growing. Are they both potentially class or in reality miles off? It’s just so hard to tell. England u18s is a poor level and these were some of the best players in their last teams in very good youth setups. The only way you ever know is by challenging them as early as possible and hoping they can stay injury free. Hopefully we don’t just leave them in the 23s for a season or two.
So true Ali, Hard to say if any of them will make it. Elanga wasn't great when he started but got better and better. Each are different types of players.

bringbackbebe

On seeing Garnacho at U18 levels, there is a bucket load of promise. He's direct, built well for his age and can take on players well ... but the step up from youth to senior level is insane. Most kids at this level don't eventually make it big. There is a lot of luck factor involved in being under the right manager playing the right system & having the right opportunity for the player to fit in. Let's hope Rangnick has a plan for him.

Last edited:

Kramer

Always very hard to tell who will make it to the 1st team. But I have also been impressed with Garnacho.

I had initially pegged him to be behind Hugill and McNeil in terms of ‘chances of making it at United’. But he seems to have a decent turn of pace, something the other 2 seem to lack.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
One says Torres and the other Aguero. Thats quite a range -- both are very different players. :lol: :lol:

Are we talking about the same player?

I am leaning towards Fernando myself.
I'd say he's in between the two, he reminds me of a young Shevchenko at Kiev.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's, understandably, a lot more consistent this season than he was last. But he was very hit and miss last season so drawing comparisons with former world-class forwards is probably jumping the gun a tad. He's still very young. Technically very gifted and seems to have built a very good understanding with McNeil but I don't yet see him as being an elite-level talent tbh. Happy to be proven wrong and long may his good form continue! He's enjoying himself and it's nice to see him stepping up as one of the more senior U18s this season.

RUCK4444

I posted about him recently, looks a real prospect imo, whenever I’ve seen him he looks the best player on the pitch but very hard to judge how they will ultimately turn out.

He’s rapid, properly quick, good on the ball and an eye for goal as well. One to watch for sure.