Aleksandar Mitrović | Fulham ruin his life

tomaldinho1

It's not just the goals though, Fulham had a good season, they're not going to replicate that with or without him.

He's just not anywhere near good enough overall to be worth 50m, and people who think Utd should pay 50m for him are mental.
Who has actually said this?

I don't understand why you don't think Fulham could achieve similar though, I did see Silva is annoyed as he thought they would spend more though, seems like might be some problems brewing there.

Rake

Yeah but Kane went on strike for 1 day and crawled back to them without kicking up a fuss. Levy took advantage of the meek character of Kane.
We should have let Ronaldo go on a free last summer but wanted 5m or something and suffered from it. That’s despite the fact everyone knew what Ronaldo was like while he was leaving games early or not going on the pre season tour.
Sometimes you should just go by the character of the player which shouldn’t be a surprise to Fulham at this stage.
I agree 25m or so is a bit too cheap but quoting 52m is just as bad imo
Not saying you are incorrect, but it is down to the club really. Such cases can be considered precedent setters, so clubs likely evaluate them with the utmost carefulness. Regarding the price, Fulham aren't getting a better striker for 20-30mil, so they probably actively want "an offer they can't refuse" and are pushing for big money.

I always wondered what clubs can do to prevent/punish this. Surely there are some mechanisms set in the player's contract.

Oranges038

Who has actually said this?

I don't understand why you don't think Fulham could achieve similar though, I did see Silva is annoyed as he thought they would spend more though, seems like might be some problems brewing there.
Several in here have said just that.

That's why, I think he will be one of the first managers sacked. He's also stalling on a new contract.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Exactly. There's a tendency to discuss deals in silos. Is Mitro absolutely vital for them? Yes. Are fulham sorted cash wise? Yes. Will they ripped off if they go hunting for a replacement? Yes. Why the feck would they sell for a reasonable price
But he's kicking off because they value him a £52m, at the current rate that is a reasonable price.

KeanoMagicHat

He's 29, not some young upstart. He's bullied his way through the championship , where he scored about 40 of those goals, but always struggled to assert himself in the PL. Fulham can ask what they want for him, if they think he's worth 50m to them, then fair enough. I think they are mental.

But, my main point was, people thinking Utd should pay 50m for this guy are even more mental.
He did not struggle to assert himself in the PL last season, he was one of the better strikers and was a big reason why Fulham were top 10 in the league, he got suspended and they fell off.

tomaldinho1

Several in here have said just that.

That's why, I think he will be one of the first managers sacked. He's also stalling on a new contract.
I would agree but then, thinking about it, I can't name a striker we could get for £50m who has that proven level of goals.
Agree re the uncertainty at Fulham, maybe Silva will be off to Saudi as well

flappyjay

50m for striker who's highest goal tally in the PL is 14....

The only thing worse than Fulham valuing him at 50m is people who think he'd be a good signing for Utd for that price.
For them he can be the difference between pl football and relegation. 50m is justified for them. It's about how important he is to fulham not how he is perceived outside of fulham.

Crimson King

Would take him at United in a heart beat. He would be hands down our best striker. £45m would get it done with a bit of negotiation and it’s a better than spending more on an unknown punt from Italy.
I hope someone else makes all the big decisions in your life for you...

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Of the many weird RedCafe crushes, this is one of the oddest. He’s a good PL striker. It’s also not a coincidence that no big club has spent the sort of money he’s cost.
Joao Moutinho, Di Natale, Jamie vardy, Juninho, even Kane are all players that could and should have played for bigger clubs in their careers and didn't. I dont think a big club not coming in for him means he's can't do the job for a big club. There's a variety of reasons why all those didn't play for big clubs.

How much did Nunez cost and who has the better stats for last season?

Oranges038

For them he can be the difference between pl football and relegation. 50m is justified for them. It's about how important he is to fulham not how he is perceived outside of fulham.
Yeah for Fulham. They can put whatever price they want on him.

Only an idiot would pay 50m for him.

acolyte

Joao Moutinho, Di Natale, Jamie vardy, Juninho, even Kane are all players that could and should have played for bigger clubs in their careers and didn't. I dont think a big club not coming in for him means he's can't do the job for a big club. There's a variety of reasons why all those didn't play for big clubs.

How much did Nunez cost and who has the better stats for last season?
I hate you for making me defend Darwin Nunez but he's in the early phase of his career while Mitrovic is at the tail end of his. Also you picked one season to compare them, which was Nunez' first adapting to a new country and league, and also Mitro's only good season ever in the top flight. Even then he didn't out score Nunez by that much.

Mitrovic was a promising young player at Anderlecht, but that was a long time ago. He might be able to do a reasonable job at a top club but to lump him in with actual stars like Juninho and Harry Flippin Kane is ridiculous.

Joel Miller

I find it hard to believe people are scoffing at 14 goals with a newly promoted side. I think that’s a great return given the context. He’s a real handful for defenders.

But he really is a thoroughly unlikeable individual. In terms of ability he won’t be easy to replace, in terms of his persona, Silva could lob a dart out the window right now and there’s a 99% chance he’ll hit a better quality of person than that helmet.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s not outlandish what he’s saying. He’s saying Al-Hilal are the Rea Madrid of Asia which they probably are. They have the most Asian Champions league titles and are a top club in Asian football.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I love you guys, give me all your dollars please.

feck me, if they’d come along and offered him 5k a week he’d have said, “who?”

JogaBonitoRooney

Al Hilal are equivalent to Real Madrid in Asia or at least the middle east. Most successful team.

I love you guys, give me all your dollars please.

feck me, if they’d come along and offered him 5k a week he’d have said, “who?”
He'd say the same to Fulham if they offered him that much. Money is the main driver for where players choose to play.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is an idiot, and went there for the money(same reason he left his country to go play in Europe before), but he is not that wrong.

The_Midfielder

He is right .. football is not only for Europe ..
Let's spread it around ..
Let the Asians take over the soccer world now

Terry Graham

Supports
the Cottagers
As a Cottager I am glad he left.
With that mentality he would’ve ruined our squad.

No one is bigger than the club, thanks for the bag of gold. It came to good use with extending Palhinha.

Reactions: golden_blunder

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
Of course he's right. It IS the Real Madrid of Asia! Where is the problem now?

As I said the other day, I think Fulham would win this league (a PR agent wouldn't say that). The automatisms and processes must work. Almost the entire starting eleven in the entire league is new. You have to get used to it first.

But that doesn't mean it will stay that way. Even City, PSG and Co. did not immediately become top clubs after a transfer window.
But they will catch up massively in a very short time.
In 2-3 years some Saudi clubs will have teams that could win the UCL by name. But then Mitrovic won't play and another striker in Hilal will say that this club is even stronger than Real Madrid.