Aleksandar Mitrović | Fulham ruin his life

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Because Martinez is such an areal presence
If Martinez's man scored a header, you might make some sense. But it wasn't a header, it wasn't Martinez's man and the ball didn't even go above head height.

norm87cro

If Martinez's man scored a header, you might make some sense. But it wasn't a header, it wasn't Martinez's man and the ball didn't even go above head height.
Too much Martinez fan boys around here so you cant say anything obvious currently. The guy is great IMO (skill wise and he is agressive) but he does have a height issue for his position. Personally I think he can play in the back position( which is also great because of injuries and season rotation) as well but Im not too happy about him prehaps facing guys like Mitrovic, Kane, Haaland etc...

SAFMUTD

Past it at 28?

People don't half post some crap on here :lol:
I didn't say he's past it. I said he's not going to improve much, he's not a young player with potential. He's a consolidated player and what we see now is pretty much all he can offer.

arnie_ni

Too much Martinez fan boys around here so you cant say anything obvious currently. The guy is great IMO (skill wise and he is agressive) but he does have a height issue for his position. Personally I think he can play in the back position( which is also great because of injuries and season rotation) as well but Im not too happy about him prehaps facing guys like Mitrovic, Kane, Haaland etc...
Any examples of his height issue causing us problems?

Teach this fanboy a lesson

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Tired cliche

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
More than this thug, I really want to know what Marco Silva said.
Straight red card to the manager just for saying something is pretty rate...
Doesn't matter what he said, trying to influence the ref when going to the VAR monitor is enough for a red card and that's what he did, he knows he was in the wrong and basically said so in the post match interviews

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This thread reminds me that Cina hasn't been around in a while.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oranges038

You're being very generous to Fulham if you think that is 50/50. That's a classic defender leaning into the attacker at they jump move. There's not really a push in there. Normally that gets praise for being 'clever' defending.

The fact they didn't show it again in the live coverage, or discuss it at HT or FT, just shows how much of a nothing incident it was.

The Martinez/Mitrovic tangle was a bigger shout, but also isn't a penalty. Mitrovic engineers the contact and dives to try and win one, if anything.
Leans into him by not jumping with him and also pushing his hand into his back from behind.

It was lazy defending, one of them decsions that always splits opinions, some would call it soft others will say it's a penalty everytime.

Personally, I think he got away with that.

RedRocket9908

Leans into him by not jumping with him and also pushing his hand into his back from behind.

It was lazy defending, one of them decsions that always splits opinions, some would call it soft others will say it's a penalty everytime.

Personally I cant see why that should result in a penalty kick, the attacker was never getting high enough to reach the ball which goes straight over his head

RedRocket9908

Well if he doesn't get pushed he just might.
The contact from Shaw is after he jumped so it in no way effects his ability to reach the ball, in fact after watching it again it looks like the ball is already past the attacker's head at the point Shaw makes contact.

Last edited:

stevoc

What sort of ban do we think he'll be looking at then?

6 games? 10?

FrantikChicken

It’s a 2 handed shove :lol: .

People here would be livid if it was reversed

C'est Moi Cantona

And Fabinho shoved the ref in the same game. So what? Nothing happened.

Not that it really matters, but that's Fernandes the closest to him f I'm not mistaken.

Amazing how not only does Fabhino gets away with his misdemeanors, but also any real spotlight for them afterwards afterwards aswell.

CM

It’s a 2 handed shove :lol: .

People here would be livid if it was reversed
Yeah, I have to say I thought they were on about the one between Martinez and Mitrovic which was clearly not a penalty. There's a bit more in that Luke Shaw one, I didn't see it at the time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mitro was always getting smashed for this one.
If they let premier league players get away with shoving refs then ranting in their faces, you'll have major problems at grass routes and kid level games.

6-8 game ban probably.

stevoc

Mitro was always getting smashed for this one.
If they let premier league players get away with shoving refs then ranting in their faces, you'll have major problems at grass routes and kid level games.

6-8 game ban probably.
Unlikely but they might make a real example of him and go as high as 10. Which would effectively be his season over. He wouldn't be able to play again until ironically United at Old Trafford on the last day.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Unlikely but they might make a real example of him and go as high as 10. Which would effectively be his season over. He wouldn't be able to play again until ironically United at Old Trafford on the last day.
Di Canio got 11. I wouldn't be surprised if they match it.

R'hllor

He should get ban till end of season, have no idea how many matches is that but what i find funny is this whole circus around it like he is the first one who dared to touch a ref in PL.

Edit: Also think after book drops, for some period, eyes will be wide open in general, specially on us.

RedDevil@84

This is more than a bit of a stretch, basically just taps him on the shoulder as if to get his attention.
No he thwacks him in the back because ref didnt blow some foul they wanted. Worse than what Bruno did.

RedRocket9908

I had a look through the replies to the FA's Tweet announcing this news and there are very few about the charges that have been brought, they are mostly people asking when Bruno Fernandes is going to be charged or when Man Utd are going to be charged for their players surrounding the referee after the handball

Reactions: Akshay