Aleksandar Mitrović | Fulham ruin his life

RedDevil@84

If they let premier league players get away with shoving refs then ranting in their faces, you'll have major problems at grass routes and kid level games.
Does this matter much? I mean the grassroot level refs are gonna get abuse and threats from crazy parents and others nevertheless. I don't think they will be deterred because a PL ref was protected by the FA.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Does this matter much? I mean the grassroot level refs are gonna get abuse and threats from crazy parents and others nevertheless. I don't think they will be deterred because a PL ref was protected by the FA.
It doesn't matter.

You could sentence Mitrovic to death and it wouldn't change much at grassroots.

There's no need to go extra punitive to teach grassroot parents a lesson here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It doesn't matter.

You could sentence Mitrovic to death and it wouldn't change much at grassroots.

There's no need to go extra punitive to teach grassroot parents a lesson here.
It isn't parents who need the lesson, it's impressible kids, they copy what their heroes do and if this isn't harshley punished they'll copy the behaviour

El Zoido

No he thwacks him in the back because ref didnt blow some foul they wanted. Worse than what Bruno did.
Is there a better angle? Because it really looks like absolutely nothing. I’d love the point to it as some kind of inconsistency but I’m just not seeing it.

RedDevil@84

Is there a better angle? Because it really looks like absolutely nothing. I’d love the point to it as some kind of inconsistency but I’m just not seeing it.
I am not comparing this with Mitrovic thing, but Bruno thing which is a point of discussion in the media. Compared to that, this has more. There was no reason to touch the ref in this scenario.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The more years go by, the 8 game ban Suarez got for racially abusing a fellow player looks tamer and tamer.

RedDevil@84

The more years go by, the 8 game ban Suarez got for racially abusing a fellow player looks tamer and tamer.
It was always pretty tame. If the commitee had determined racist intent, then it should have been a longer ban. If they couldn't determine racist intent, then it shoud have been smaller ban for using wrong words.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It absolutely does matter. From someone who’s been coaching and reffing youth football for a long time, it needs to be shown to be unacceptable. Trust me, ref 3 games and you’d agree
It isn't parents who need the lesson, it's impressible kids, they copy what their heroes do and if this isn't harshley punished they'll copy the behaviour
This

adexkola

Supports
My point still stands. There's no evidence that banning this will prevent kids from copying what they see (if in fact they do so)

Andy_Cole

Refs deserve the abuse. English refs wouldn’t last in Africa. They are so so bad. They should not ban him and instead reform the whole reffing industry.

1. Bring in foreign refs
2. Mic them up
3. Interviews after the game about big calls

The reffing this season has been atrocious.

Making the refs untouchable by giving a lengthy ban is a joke. He didn’t punch the ref. A minor shove.

adexkola

Supports
It absolutely does matter. From someone who’s been coaching and reffing youth football for a long time, it needs to be shown to be unacceptable. Trust me, ref 3 games and you’d agree

This
It would be great if you could check back in with us a year from now and report on whether kids are more behaved because of the smackdown about to be laid on Mitrovic

RedDevil@84

My point was how does it matter. Will the hooligans at grassroot level change their ways by looking at PL decisions?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Refs deserve the abuse. English refs wouldn’t last in Africa. They are so so bad. They should not ban him and instead reform the whole reffing industry.

1. Bring in foreign refs
2. Mic them up

Making the refs untouchable by giving a lengthy ban is a joke. He didn’t punch the ref. A minor shove.
Satire right?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It would be great if you could check back in with us a year from now and report on whether kids are more behaved because of the smackdown about to be laid on Mitrovic
Nice one. It’s a straightforward concept to grasp, no punishment sets a bad precedent

fallengt

Shows how lucky we were when Bruno clearly shoved the linesman Vs 'Pool.
Lineman pushed Bruno first. Not to defend him here but no one took it personality and FA did review this.
What Mitrovic did is way worse. He didnt just push ref, dude was 1 provoke away from body check him.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
My point was how does it matter. Will the hooligans at grassroot level change their ways by looking at PL decisions?
Possibly, and that’s enough. The game is bleeding refs at the lower level. Taking a soft stance on pros behaving like that isn’t an option

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Next season they need to implement zero-tolerance rules for this stuff regardless of how bad you think the refs are. It's bush league refs are allowed to be bullied and crowded around the way they are. In the NBA, if you try to intimidate a ref it's an automatic ejection.

manutddjw

He helped us to the FA Cup semi final, I actually think he’s a good guy and doesn’t deserve any severe punishment.

AlPistacho

I know what he did was not good but can’t help but think he’s getting singled seen similar done to officials.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
This is more than a bit of a stretch, basically just taps him on the shoulder as if to get his attention.
So you acknowledge that not every situation where someone has put his hand on an official is comparable then? Good.

So why are people still wittering on about Bruno? :rolleyes:

glasgow 21

Probably not , but what is clear the media went full neutral on it today and in every breath Bruno was brought into the conversation especially by the one and only Danny Murphy happily proclaiming to hate United in the same breath. So Bruno, in the aftermath of whatever happens to Mitrovic, needs to knuckle down and stay below the radar. Play football and keep his mouth shut for his own good.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Next season they need to implement zero-tolerance rules for this stuff regardless of how bad you think the refs are. It's bush league refs are allowed to be bullied and crowded around the way they are. In the NBA, if you try to intimidate a ref it's an automatic ejection.
Isn’t there a rule that states that only captains are allowed to talk to the ref? I would enforce it by giving yellow cards for every such offense. If an incident is missed during the match, it should be given retrospectively after each matchday. They will learn latest on matchday six, when 50% of the players are missing due to the fifth yellow card.

Blood Mage

Fulham fans embarrassing themselves on social media. Hope the cockney twats are enjoying their 5 minutes of fame. :lol:

Ananke

Anyone referencing Bruno at this point is just wumming/dislikes united/trolls. To compare the two situations is literally laughable. Bruno gets pulled back by the linesman and he responds in a ‘get off me’ way. Mitrovic forcibly gets in the refs face, shoves him and continues to go at him whilst having to be pulled back by teammates.

Oh yeh totes the same. Absolute nonsense. :lol::lol::lol:

Giggsyking

Small club syndrome.
They think big clubs get decisions like this all the time but we all know ,in reality, they really don't.
Fulham 7 penalties this season
United 2 penalties this season.

Those donkeys will not include this stat in their hypothetical stupid conspiracy.

Waynne

So when are the FA gona charge Fulham for failure to control their player and manager?
Didn't they charge United for failure to control their players against Palace when a Casemiro put hands on a Palace players neck?
Wheres the consistency?

Waynne

1. Bring in foreign refs
2. Mic them up

Mitrovic looked like he was about to deck the referee if Willian didn't step in.

Agreed that the standards of refereeing this season has been utter dog shite.
Theres no consistency at all.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
My point still stands. There's no evidence that banning this will prevent kids from copying what they see (if in fact they do so)
Of course kids try to copy what their heroes do, go to any school in the Manchester area and you'll see kids copying Rashford's finger to the head, when I was a kid us reds copied Dennis Law's goal celebration, some copied Franny Lee's penalty winning technique, later on I saw a kid copy John McEnroe's "you cannot be serious"

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
So when are the FA gona charge Fulham for failure to control their player and manager?
Didn't they charge United for failure to control their players against Palace when a Casemiro put hands on a Palace players neck?
Wheres the consistency?
They have charged them

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I had a look through the replies to the FA's Tweet announcing this news and there are very few about the charges that have been brought, they are mostly people asking when Bruno Fernandes is going to be charged or when Man Utd are going to be charged for their players surrounding the referee after the handball
It’s pathetic. Absolute smoothbrains.