Aleksandar Mitrovic

Master Yoda

I just noticed Serbia is gonna play Norway for top spot. Battle of the giants, Haaland vs Mitrovic. This cant get more poetic.

Devil81

Yeah, good player Mitrovic, I like him. Doubt if Fulham would sell, though.
If a club of Uniteds size wanted him he'd force the move.

Can't get my head around his improvement, he was a cart horse at Newcastle.

Think I'd rather take a punt on Toney myself.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Not everyone jumps right out of the gates like Halaand has. Mitrovic was only 21 when he joined Newcastle and they were shite. But he has obviously developed as he's matured. Lewandowski joined Dortmund at 22 and only scored 8 goals in 33 league appearances (9 goals in 43 total appearances). Imagine if they had just given up on him?

Primex

I absolutely love him, he is such a good player and he has been highly touted since he was 17 in Serbia. It took him a while but the signs were always there. Too expensive to justify it but if they get relegated I’d love us to see if we could get him for a decent fee.

Opposition fans would go insane having to verse Mitrovic, Antony and Bruno in the same side, not to mention Martinez at the back, it would be a team that master shit housery.
You forgot to add Casemiro and Hannibal coming through the ranks

Lost bear

Yeah. Not sure about Toney, but not sure why.He looks like a pruple patch guy to me. Mind you, he'll probably go on to prove me totally wrong and be one of the great goalscorers, and people will comment on my post, 'That aged well.'

lysglimt

Scout
Mitrovic need a certain style of play to be efficient. He is completely ruthless in the box - I would say he would be scary at Liverpool with Robertson and TAA providing the crosses. I am not sure he would be equally efficient at United.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah. Not sure about Toney, but not sure why.He looks like a pruple patch guy to me. Mind you, he'll probably go on to prove me totally wrong and be one of the great goalscorers, and people will comment on my post, 'That aged well.'
101 goals in his last 191 matches- that is a long patch :)

Abraxas

I find his progression quite interesting in that he was considered a top tier striking talent at Anderlecht. Similar to someone like Sesko now. So there's always been a thought that he could be top notch.

Then you look at his career and I think he's lacked a bit of luck at key times. Ending up in teams of donkeys once he got to the highest level. I don't care how good a striker you are, you rely on your teammates to a large extent. Particularly as a target man/finisher.

But throughout all that he's been maintaining this great record for Serbia. It seems like things have just fallen right quite late in that he's in a team creating chances now and eyes are falling on him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was good enough years ago.

KetilOwren88

Surprised to learn that he just turned 28. Given the fact that Ten Hag likes to play with a physical target man, I am quite sure the club is following him closely. He deserves a chance at a top club now

Master Yoda

Mitrovic showing Haaland how it feels like to play in a inferior team.

Clash of the titans
Mitrovic 1:0 Haaland

Call me crazy but I would rather buy Mitrovic than Vlahovic eventho he scored as well.

arthurka

Surprised to learn that he just turned 28. Given the fact that Ten Hag likes to play with a physical target man, I am quite sure the club is following him closely. He deserves a chance at a top club now
He is an absolute beast ATM, he would make is so much better with his work and his aerial presence.

ExoduS

Finish today was amazing. Great strength and precision on the shit + unexpected angle. Could have done better on that header but one goal is enough.

What people don't realize is how much better Mitrovic is during build up play than Halland. Miles better. Halland today put himself into two amazing chances and keeper came up on top but during Norway buildup play Halland was nowhere to be seen. Both Vlahovic and Mitrovic had amazing passes toward wingers today. I love those plays.

Vlahovic is more talented than Mitrovic in my opinion as a footballer but Mitrovic is a more natural goalscorer. Vlahovic seems to need a lot of chances.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Fulham won't be able to keep him beyond this season. Has impressed me with his game for some time now. Goal or not, he occupies CB's all game long. I think he'll give everything he has to any big club who gives him his shot.

A modern-day Drogba, if he keeps this up.

Last edited:

userman

Great center forward, a type of player that would be fantastic to have in our starting eleven and squad. Unfortunately I'm Norwegian so was on the wrong end of the stick today..

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I actually thought he was about 23. Seems like only the other day he was a young prospect who flopped at Newcastle.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mitro Boomin’

He’s like what Raul Jimenez was before David Luiz did him.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It is quite crazy being a Serbian national team supporter nowadays. Strikers were always our weak point, the closest we produced to a top level striker in my 25 years of following football was Savo Milosevic and now we have both Mitrovic and Vlahovic at the same time. And there would also be Jovic, if he started caring about football again.

justsomebloke

I just noticed Serbia is gonna play Norway for top spot. Battle of the giants, Haaland vs Mitrovic. This cant get more poetic.
Mitrovic took that one. Scored a goal in a 2-0 away promotion-clinching win for Serbia. While Haaland spurned 2 good chances. Probably helped that Serbia were the better team by a considerable margin.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It is quite crazy being a Serbian national team supporter nowadays. Strikers were always our weak point, the closest we produced to a top level striker in my 25 years of following football was Savo Milosevic and now we have both Mitrovic and Vlahovic at the same time. And there would also be Jovic, if he started caring about football again.
I loved savo milosevic, that bandanna was cool af

AnotherLondonManc

Another potentially off to Saudi.

Definitely a low ball bid. Would surely be a top signing for us at that price if Fulham will consider it?

Last edited:

cranston88

We should do what we did with the malacia transfer, wait until a fee is agreed and beat it marginally. He would be an ideal striker for EtH's system at that money

crossy1686

career ending
Could fill that striker void for a season for us before he finally goes to Saudi Arabia. Would definitely be an improvement on what we already have but we’d need one more ST for sure.

Idxomer

He isn't good enough, too slow for any top club and with attitude issues.

tomaldinho1

Why not, for that price you get 15+ goals and he can go Saudi in a year or two tops with the United brand + better wages to negotiate with.

Abraxas

He would be a great backup option. I would rather we blood someone like Hojlund week to week as that is more productive in the long run, but to take the pressure off him when his form tails off and cover some games Mitrovic would be great.

Sadly I don't really see a situation where Fulham will sell domestically for 25 million. Why would they do that? It doesn't add up for me.

gajender

Why not, for that price you get 15+ goals and he can go Saudi in a year or two tops with the United brand + better wages to negotiate with.
But that's initial bid not the final one and United would also have to compete with the Wages he is being offered by Saudis to some extent to tempt him .

And from his point of view this offer might not even be available in year or two it could basically be now or never for Him .

gajender

He would be a great backup option. I would rather we blood someone like Hojlund week to week as that is more productive in the long run, but to take the pressure off him when his form tails off and cover some games Mitrovic would be great.

Sadly I don't really see a situation where Fulham will sell domestically for 25 million. Why would they do that? It doesn't add up for me.
They won't sell him for that Amount to any body period , it's a initial bid Saudi's may or may not improve it but it certainly won't happen at this amount .

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Would definitely take him for that price given our options if we aren't able to afford the right option right now rather than chuck loads of money at someone not worth it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Crucial though his goals are for Fulham, his lack of mobility causes problems for them even at their level. At our level that trade off would be a massive hindrance.

A lot of the posters who would say "why not?" in July would be complaining about him by November.