Aleksandar Mitrovic

LuckyScout78

If United want a CF for the squad and depth. And CF who want to break his nose to score a goal. This guy is the ideal fit.
Mitrovic has always been a CF its hard and difficult for defend to handle. Because of his power, aggressiveness and never say die attitude and fighting. He always give 100 %.
A regular starter for Serbia nation and has score in half of the matches.

United definitely need Mitrovic air ability. United have quick and good ball players CF. And if United are in need for a goal. In the late state of the game. Then United need a powerful, aggressive and tall CF, who are really good in the air.
Buy him and mark him against Van Dijk in every game. If someone who can handle Van Dijk in the air. It definitive Mitrovic. A badass, powerful and aggressive CF. And Mitrovic is not so worst on the ground with the ball too. He definitely can pass players with the ball.

And his age is ideal too, 25. And if United can get wide players who can deliver consistent good and precise crossers. It will be big chance he will score.
United having Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Mitrovic as CF options are really good and strong. Mitrovic bring the air ability. Pontential line up in 442

Sancho/Chiesa - Bruno/Pogba/Bellingham - McTom/Fred - F.Chiesa/Martial + Greenwood/Martial - Rashford/Mitrovic

Sancho/Chiesa - Bruno - Chiesa/Martial + Rashford/Mitrovic/Greenwood.

Again. With Mitrovic he will brings something different. That United current CFs dont have. Top aggressive and toughness in the box. Mitrovic definitely has the character, fighting mentality and never say die attitude that will suit perfectly into a typical United team that will fight until the end of the game. My best recommendation.

My cup of tea of a CF right now is Richarlison from Everton. Same attitude and fighting mentality as Mitrovic. And would be a lot more expensive than Mitrovic. Heard if its true. Everton rejected Barca over 80 £ offer?I would easily pay 30-35 mill £ for Mitrovic.
United have many CF whose are good on the ground now. United top air ability. In both box. Just like Van Dijk goal against United. United need air block.

With his consistent fighting spirit and always give 100 % . Adding scoring goals consistent. Kind of player every fans will love. Players that will work theirs socks off. And hopefully still enough time to get him before the transfer window close.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If United want a CF for the squad and depth. And CF who want to break his nose to score a goal. This guy is the ideal fit.
Mitrovic has always been a CF its hard and difficult for defend to handle. Because of his power, aggressiveness and never say die attitude and fighting. He always give 100 %.
A regular starter for Serbia nation and has score in half of the matches.

United definitely need Mitrovic air ability. United have quick and good ball players CF. And if United are in need for a goal. In the late state of the game. Then United need a powerful, aggressive and tall CF, who are really good in the air.
Buy him and mark him against Van Dijk in every game. If someone who can handle Van Dijk in the air. It definitive Mitrovic. A badass, powerful and aggressive CF. And Mitrovic is not so worst on the ground with the ball too. He definitely can pass players with the ball.

And his age is ideal too, 25. And if United can get wide players who can deliver consistent good and precise crossers. It will be big chance he will score.
United having Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Mitrovic as CF options are really good and strong. Mitrovic bring the air ability. Pontential line up in 442

Sancho/Chiesa - Bruno/Pogba/Bellingham - McTom/Fred - F.Chiesa/Martial + Greenwood/Martial - Rashford/Mitrovic

Sancho/Chiesa - Bruno - Chiesa/Martial + Rashford/Mitrovic/Greenwood.

Again. With Mitrovic he will brings something different. That United current CFs dont have. Top aggressive and toughness in the box. Mitrovic definitely has the character, fighting mentality and never say die attitude that will suit perfectly into a typical United team that will fight until the end of the game. My best recommendation.

My cup of tea of a CF right now is Richarlison from Everton. Same attitude and fighting mentality as Mitrovic. And would be a lot more expensive than Mitrovic. Heard if its true. Everton rejected Barca over 80 £ offer?I would easily pay 30-35 mill £ for Mitrovic.
United have many CF whose are good on the ground now. United top air ability. In both box. Just like Van Dijk goal against United. United need air block.

With his consistent fighting spirit and always give 100 % . Adding scoring goals consistent. Kind of player every fans will love. Players that will work theirs socks off. And hopefully still enough time to get him before the transfer window close.
Too heavy. Cant press.

LuckyScout78

Too heavy. Cant press.
I said a squad and depth CF. Not a regular starter in every game. He scoring really consistent both for Serbia and Fulham. For the price of around 35 £ mill. Fulham paid around 25 mill euro back in feb 2018. For this price. Not like 70 - 80 mill for £ Richarlison. I don’t think you will find many better out there. With the same air ability.
I easily choose Mitrovic over Slimani, Giroud, Llorente and Mandzukic.

But......If United can buy and get a new young Lewandoski, Brazil Ronaldo or Suarez. Then just forget about this recommendation;)

IrishRedDevil

Already on 31 goals this season in the Championship.

The record was set at 31 goals by Ivan Toney last season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Already on 31 goals this season in the Championship.

The record was set at 31 goals by Ivan Toney last season.
Yeah. Then they'll come back up, he'll get about 6, and they'll go back down again.

See also: Teemu Pukki

Patchbeard

Yeah. Then they'll come back up, he'll get about 6, and they'll go back down again.

See also: Teemu Pukki
You're being generous...he only got 3 last season :nervous:

Baffling just HOW good he is in the Championship though, no one has ever looked that good in the Championship yet looked so bad in the Premier League.

R'hllor

To be fair, Fulham made same mistakes every time they went up, managerial changes etc. also wasnt he frozen out last season, actually have to check how many games he played.

Patchbeard

To be fair, Fulham made same mistakes every time they went up, managerial changes etc. also wasnt he frozen out last season, actually have to check how many games he played.
My recollection was that there were high hopes for him going into the season after his Championship exploits in 19/20, but he started the season badly and then was quite rightfully dropped from the starting 11 and never really made it back.

Just checked to be sure... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic/leistungsdaten/spieler/51152/saison/2020/plus/1 so he scored 2 goals in his first start of the season, then failed to score again by November so was dropped, then made the odd start or sub appearance or until the new year without any impact, then got a small injury and covid, kept making the odd appearance here and there, and eventually scored his 3rd goal of the season in April. So 3 goals in 13 starts and 14 sub appearances.

avgp_1

His fitness has improved and seems to be much more mobile, but that Fulham side is something else. Scoring for fun with/without him

Dan_F

He was really starved of service last season. They do seem much better equipped this time, with a more experienced manager, although a few of their better players are on loan so it depends how recruitment goes in the summer.

R'hllor

My recollection was that there were high hopes for him going into the season after his Championship exploits in 19/20, but he started the season badly and then was quite rightfully dropped from the starting 11 and never really made it back.

Just checked to be sure... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic/leistungsdaten/spieler/51152/saison/2020/plus/1 so he scored 2 goals in his first start of the season, then failed to score again by November so was dropped, then made the odd start or sub appearance or until the new year without any impact, then got a small injury and covid, kept making the odd appearance here and there, and eventually scored his 3rd goal of the season in April. So 3 goals in 13 starts and 14 sub appearances.
Yea think there was also something behind whole Covid thing, after that he wasnt on best of terms with Parker. In his first PL stint, think he had like 10 goals in 1st half after that Jokanovic got sacked and his goals went to shit.

Edit: Not first stint 18/19 season

RedSemiPro

Mitrovic is an excellent "old-school-strength-type" of striker. His movement looks clumsy, he isn't the fastest, and he can't dribble (actually executes good shot-fakes), but his technique, especially his flicks, are pretty decent. Also, he looks way more mobile, than in the previous years. Similar to his first career years. His finishing with headers is outstanding, with both feet solid. Great hold-up play. And he has this warriors' mentality. He could be a pretty good fit for a decent (Ball Possessing/ or Balanced-Playing) Ligue-5 Team. In the Prem he scored 24 times and contributed 10 Assists in 104 matches in shitty teams and 66 minutes average playtime, so just numbers don't tell the whole story. In the Serbian national team, he scored 44 times out of 69 appearances, and they played some pretty nice footy this WC-Qualifiers. He scored also twice against Portugal, for example. Don't get me wrong. I don't think, that he is United material in any sense, but he could do great for Arsenal, West Ham, Palace, Wolves or other teams. Maybe he would be a perfect Simeone-player with his mentality or an Italian or German side (Frankfurt). But, even if he is "only" a Championship player he won't come cheap as his salary is the highest in this competition and furthermore he and his family are very happy in London.

Lemon Moon

If he was at a higher quality team & got the service his current team are able to supply him with I believe he could get very decent numbers in the Premier league.

Oranges038

You're being generous...he only got 3 last season :nervous:

Baffling just HOW good he is in the Championship though, no one has ever looked that good in the Championship yet looked so bad in the Premier League.
Danny Graham?

I've also seen him quite a bit for Serbia and he always looks decent. He has 44 in 69 games and is their highest ever goal scorer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he is the type of player Ralph would prefer for his 4222. The one who can hold off the defenders and flick to the running forwards.

Obviously he isn't United quality but these types of strikers are very hard to come by, these days.

Toney and Weghorst comes to my mind from epl.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
He's an absolute demon in the Championship, no doubt.

I didn't really enjoy him when he was here - quite hotheaded, full of "passion" which appeals to some, but always seemed ready to let the occasion get the better of him. Maybe he's calmed down and improved in which case he's probably lower/mid table quality but shouldn't be on the minds of anyone aiming higher.

To be frank, he was barely good enough for us when he was here. Frozen out by Benitez who wanted something different out of him. Probably will always struggle with any similar disciplinarian/"system" manager.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's an absolute demon in the Championship, no doubt.

I didn't really enjoy him when he was here - quite hotheaded, full of "passion" which appeals to some, but always seemed ready to let the occasion get the better of him. Maybe he's calmed down and improved in which case he's probably lower/mid table quality but shouldn't be on the minds of anyone aiming higher.

To be frank, he was barely good enough for us when he was here. Frozen out by Benitez who wanted something different out of him. Probably will always struggle with any similar disciplinarian/"system" manager.
I don’t even remember him being at Newcastle

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
With him obliterating the record in the championship and now at 27 he's in his prime where would he rank in the Premier league, is he better than a mid-table striker?

Andrew7582

With him obliterating the record in the championship and now at 27 he's in his prime where would he rank in the Premier league, is he better than a mid-table striker?
We won't know until he comes back into the prem.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We won't know until he comes back into the prem.
This is going to be one of the curiosities of Mitrovic's return to the PL, I don't remember a striker being so prolific in the championship. Toney set the record but Mitrovic has decimated it and unless he gets injured he will score many more goals this season.

Another question will be if Fulham can keep him or if the midtable and lower half teams will put in a cheeky bid for him.

Andrew7582

This is going to be one of the curiosities of Mitrovic's return to the PL, I don't remember a striker being so prolific in the championship. Toney set the record but Mitrovic has decimated it and unless he gets injured he will score many more goals this season.

Another question will be if Fulham can keep him or if the midtable and lower half teams will put in a cheeky bid for him.
He scored a lot of goals in the championship previously and then came up to the prem and did nothing, he didn't score as many as now but still. He might just have the perfect attributes to dominate the championship which aren't effective in the prem against better players. Will be interesting to see if he's improved as a player though, maybe it will be different this time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He scored a lot of goals in the championship previously and then came up to the prem and did nothing, he didn't score as many as now but still. He might just have the perfect attributes to dominate the championship which aren't effective in the prem against better players. Will be interesting to see if he's improved as a player though, maybe it will be different this time.
Could be wrong but they did not really play him as much in the pl last time round. When I’ve seen him at international level he’s looked dangerous

Abraxas

He's played for some very average sides in the Premiership really, hasn't he?

I think his overall record, even at international level hints at a player that could do alright for a Premiership team that creates a bit more, gets crosses in etc. If he's playing for relegation candidates it's always going to be difficult, how good do Norwich or Watford strikers look?

Giggsy13

I mean with the way things are going we might be bargain bin shopping. I’m sure he’d do well under Ten Hag.

Classical Mechanic

He's played 3 full seasons in the PL

2015-16 - 9 goals in 34 games for Newcastle.
2018-19 - 11 goals in 37 games for Fulham.
2020-21 - 3 goals in 27 for Fulham.

Maybe he can improve significantly as he enters his peak years but it would be a gamble. It's easy to view him as someone who shrinks in a stronger field.

OleGunnar20

I'm sure he'd do really well in the Prem, assuming he found a team which creates enough of the right type of chances for him. He seems like the type who thrives on consistency however and doesn't suit being a rotation option.

I don't think he'd suit us though.

BerryBerryShrew

You get that half yard of extra space/time in the Championship over what you get in the PL. He's making the most of that half yard right now but may be ineffective at a higher level. For reference, see Adel Taarabt.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'll be honest, when he was playing in the Premier league the first time I assumed he was at least 29.

To find out he's still only 27 is a surprise. Nowhere near good enough for a top 8 club like United

Master Yoda

Looks like Arsenal are eying on Mitrovic
41 goals in championship which is a record, might wanna note season is still ongoing. Record goal scorer in Serbia as well...
Mitrovic has proven to be a goalscorer in key moments vs top teams. I feel just like Tadic, this might be a signing that can unleash his potential.

I mean how much of a risk are we talking about? Its not like we are buying haaland for 150 mil or Vlahovic 90mil.

MadMike

I rate him. His last season in the prem with Fulham was bad, both from him and the team which was abysmal. I reckon with a good team behind him he would score loads in the prem.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I don’t even remember him being at Newcastle
The biggest impact was that they started “Mitros on fire, your defence is terrified”, which was later made more famous by Wigan / N.Ireland with Will Grigg.

Sounds better in a Georgie accent, by the way.

NoPace

You get that half yard of extra space/time in the Championship over what you get in the PL. He's making the most of that half yard right now but may be ineffective at a higher level. For reference, see Adel Taarabt.
Just played in a midfield 2 for a CL quarter finalist. Maybe their weakest link, but still...

didz

His last season in the Premiership, Parker was baffling in how little he played him. I remember trying a fantasy football team that year and constantly cursing him for it.

I just checked and Mitrovic had 1390 minutes that season - equating to about a third of those available. He never got a run and his (and possibly Fulham's) form showed it.