Aleksandar Mitrovic

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If ETH wants a strong centre forward who can hold things up, then Mitrovic would be a very good option. Always thought he was a good centre forward even when he was in the premier league.

Master Yoda

If ETH wants a strong centre forward who can hold things up, then Mitrovic would be a very good option. Always thought he was a good centre forward even when he was in the premier league.
I feel like Mitrovic is a solid plan B player if everything else fails, you can brainlessly put some crossings and he will net atleast one. The problem is, after a phenomenal season does Mitrovic wanna come to Munited and sit on the bench? Whats worse, the clubs reputation is on all time low. Perhaps we are understimating Mitrovic a bit, certainly deserves a chance as a starter.

Brophs

The One and Only
Is everyone here on acid? Last year it was Chris Wood. Now it’s James Ward Prowse for not much less than it cost to buy Burnley Football Club and Alexander Mitrovic. Lads. Take a pissing day off.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
According to Wiki his Prem record is:

15/16 - 9 goals in 34 apps (Newcastle)
17/18 - 1 goal in 6 apps (Newcastle)
18/19 - 11 goals in 37 apps (Fulham)
20/21 - 3 goals in 27 apps (Fulham)

Not good enough for survival if he's your main guy.

Granted, Fulham have their yo-yo business model in place anyway.

daveskimufc

According to Wiki his Prem record is:

15/16 - 9 goals in 34 apps (Newcastle)
17/18 - 1 goal in 6 apps (Newcastle)
18/19 - 11 goals in 37 apps (Fulham)
20/21 - 3 goals in 27 apps (Fulham)

Not good enough for survival if he's your main guy.

Granted, Fulham have their yo-yo business model in place anyway.
I see your point but is he getting the service at these clubs when they are in the prem. I’m not suggesting we get him but perhaps a team that doesn’t struggle to get the ball forward and can supply him he may get goals

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Championship bully, Premier League victim.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Personally I think he's found his niche in the Championship and there's nothing wrong with that as its still a very good level but he's looked behind the game when he's played in the PL with Fulham. Abit of a Taarabt situation.

Andersonson

Still just 27. Has an instinct for goal, but has struggled om prem. Might be a joker in next years fantasy!

R'hllor

For him to have decent season, he needs chances created, his conversion rate isnt that bad and he never really cheated his wages, most of the time gives his all on the pitch, sometimes to much. He is good enough to be bench/different option for very good team, at best starting for mid table one.

Edit: In the past Fulham made same mistakes in the transfer window every time they went up, lets see did they learn anything from the past.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

We are looking at a 50mil+ price tag, this number can go up depending on his world cup performance.
Mitrovic is 3rd highest goal scorer in world cup qualifiers, followed by the highest shots on target.

We are lucky WC wont influence summer prices. Arsenal and Newcastle are looking for a steal but I doubt Mitrovic would ever consider Newcastle.

We are nowhere near City or Pool, Chelsea are a level above us so that brings us to Aresenal who I believe are equal to us. We will be contesting champions league spot next year against Arsenal. The biggest issue Arsenal had this season is a forward. Are we good giving them a 43+ goal scoring striker?

https://www.mysportdab.com/2022/04/arsenal-plots-shock-move-for-aleksandar-mitrovic/
https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/...orm-striker-with-41-league-goals-this-season/

zaafi

I find it a bit odd how people expect him to put up similar numbers playing for Newcastle 4 years ago. How are you going to score when your team mates around you can barely control a ball, let alone create chances? He is a really good striker. Not saying he's the answer, obviously, but the argument that he didn't cut it playing for Newcastle when he was 21-24 is a bit tiring. He would have a lot more goals playing for a side that actually can create chances that give strikers opportunities to put them in the back of the net.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His last season in the prem was dreadful, 3 goal returns for 27 apps is very very underwhelming.
This may be his last chance to step up.

Zlatattack

Is everyone here on acid? Last year it was Chris Wood. Now it’s James Ward Prowse for not much less than it cost to buy Burnley Football Club and Alexander Mitrovic. Lads. Take a pissing day off.
They're prepping for a relegation battle next season. I think....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Who the hell said that :nervous:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
These are the type of players that do well at your Benficas and Ajax. Not quite good enough for the PL but good enough for 'lesser' top leagues and can chip in during the EL/CL at the same time I reckon. See Haller.

Tarrou

Are we good giving them a 43+ goal scoring striker?
Definitely. For 50m+ I would much rather he went to Arsenal.

We're in year zero of a massive rebuild, for this price I hope we're looking at younger players with potential to be world class.

NoPace

These are the type of players that do well at your Benficas and Ajax. Not quite good enough for the PL but good enough for 'lesser' top leagues and can chip in during the EL/CL at the same time I reckon. See Haller.
Probably fair because he's too slow to play all the games for a top team, but in theory if you had a small or false 9 he could split time with them and play lots of the easy games and give you a threat in the box. So as it is, Arsenal, United and even City (though they'll sign Haaland or someone better) could maybe do with him, though for City it would be only as a last 10 minutes sort of guy you'd think.

Hughes35

Firm pass from me. I do think he'd be a good shout for a lower PL club though.

He could be a great signing for Brighton. They make tonnes of chances and have never had anybody to take them. Match made id Heaven IMO.

Tibs

Interesting but I'd rather we break the bank and sign Haaland

didz

I really do think he's a great player, who would add a lot to a bigger club. He's often written off for some relegation campaigns - one of which he bizarrely rarely featured in - but there's plenty to his game to make him a star at an upper-midtable club.

There's obviously no way we should be seriously looking at him, given he'd command a starter's fee to play second fiddle, without having the benefit of youth behind him. But for the right team I think he'd surprise a few people.

Abraxas

His record for Serbia is incredibly impressive.

The worrying thing is he's been around forever and he's still not cut it at a big club. Or even a medium sized club. At 27 that's pretty good evidence there is a reason for that. Maybe he's a big fish in a small pond type player.

didz

His record for Serbia is incredibly impressive.

The worrying thing is he's been around forever and he's still not cut it at a big club. Or even a medium sized club. At 27 that's pretty good evidence there is a reason for that. Maybe he's a big fish in a small pond type player.
You have to remember that Fulham paid £23m for him before the market went crazy. People assume he might be cheap because he bounces between the PL and the Championship, but I doubt anyone who's asked Fulham about him in the last 5 years has been met with a 'bargain' price.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Players come into their prime at different stages. I think sometimes all it takes is a click and I think he could explode

Darlington Padgett

Players come into their prime at different stages. I think sometimes all it takes is a click and I think he could explode
I agree and some teams might be able to take that risk but not a team that is trying to rebuild. With the amount of goals he scored, he'll cost a lot.

tomaldinho1

Imagine JWP pinging corners and freekicks into Mitrovic though :drool: