Alex Ferguson filmed saying Ronaldo should have started

Ole messed it up again with this decision and SAF like most others caught onto it.
Think it’s less about criticising one decision and more about the fact that ole’s been there 3 years, has spent a considerable sum of money, and bought mostly marquee players yet the pattern of performances and results are same, and Ole doesn’t seem to be showing signs of evolving more tactically and during in game.

SAF never did it to Moyes, LVG, Mourinho or even Ole (until now) probably because he understood they genuinely didn’t have time and didn’t have the best of squads.

Put it this way if we start the season the way you’d expect considering our fixtures and fantastic squad and Ole makes the same decision Vs Everton; ever if we lose, I don’t think SAF says that, he’ll probably emphasise what a great start we’ve had the good football and just say results don’t always go your way in football.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Think it’s less about criticising one decision and more about the fact that ole’s been there 3 years, has spent a considerable sum of money, and bought mostly marquee players yet the pattern of performances and results are same, and Ole doesn’t seem to be showing signs of evolving more tactically and during in game.

SAF never did it to Moyes, LVG, Mourinho or even Ole (until now) probably because he understood they genuinely didn’t have time and didn’t have the best of squads.

Put it this way if we start the season the way you’d expect considering our fixtures and fantastic squad and Ole makes the same decision Vs Everton; ever if we lose, I don’t think SAF says that, he’ll probably emphasise what a great start we’ve had the good football and just say results don’t always go your way in football.
Pretty much agree. Some fans are still stuck in the ole hysteria and clinging onto straws, when in reality it's now been 3 years with a world class squad delivered. We're letting this opportunity slip with Ole in charge.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Cavani was better than Ronaldo on the day.
Absolutely - we were winning and playing relatively well before Ronaldo came on. The idea that we drew because he didn't start doesn't make sense to me.

Cavani deserved to start too after his midweek sub appearance

My only question was whether Cavani and Ronaldo can start together, but I think it's unlikely to ever happen

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oh well, I was going to ask you to give me tips on grappling. Don't do vodka, so.....
I don’t. I do buckfast now. That’s a bad mix. Russian and Bucky…

Josh 76

Everyone is missing the point. Of course Fergie would say he would play Ronaldo. It was he who basically signed him again!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I doubt Fergie knew this was being recorded and would end up on social media - there is no way he would have wanted to undermine Ole

Plus Fergie was well known for constantly rotating the team, he did it very well and kept everyone fresh - it's something that Ole needs to improve on with too many players overplayed

FWIWorth I think it was absolutely the correct decision to rest Ronaldo, it was a fast turnaround after Villarreal and Cavani deserved a start, we were winning before he came on
Whether or not he was aware of being recorded (which I agree, he probably wasn't), it wasn't just small talk. He disagreed with Ole's decision to leave him out and thought it incentivised Everton. Having that publicised leaves Ole more exposed.

He probably decided to leave him out and to play him from the 60min whether or not he'd need him at that time, as it wasn't really what we needed when he threw him on. His much lauded man management is about to be properly tested this season, never mind the development of the team and its game plan.

CloneMC16

Sir Alex did not start his best players every game. Non story. We were winning the game with Cavani on the pitch. He wouldn't have said anything if we won.

The_Midfielder

Whether or not he was aware of being recorded (which I agree, he probably wasn't), it wasn't just small talk. He disagreed with Ole's decision to leave him out and thought it incentivised Everton. Having that publicised leaves Ole more exposed.

He probably decided to leave him out and to play him from the 60min whether or not he'd need him at that time, as it wasn't really what we needed when he threw him on. His much lauded man management is about to be properly tested this season, never mind the development of the team and its game plan.
He didn't say Ronaldo.. he said best players should start

superdonk

Did anyone notice how we went 1-0 without Ronaldo, 0-1 with, or was I the only person in thread to actually watch the game?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

It's not just small talk but I think many are reading too much into these off the cuff comments

Either way you are right that it's not
good for Ole and I absolutely don't believe that Fergie would have been out to deliberately undermine the manager as some of the conspiracy theorists seem to believe

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's not just small talk but I think many are reading too much into these off the cuff comments

Either way you are right that it's not
good for Ole and I absolutely don't believe that Fergie would have been out to deliberately undermine the manager as some of the conspiracy theorists seem to believe
Yeah, pretty much. Haven't really read through the thread, but to think he's doing this on purpose is hilarious.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Shocking hearing it from Sir Alex to be fair :lol: The guy was known as his master rotation. I still remember how people tend to moan with his line up like when he benched some of his best players. Well, when we signed ronaldo, lot of people have question mark whether Ole has ball to rotate ronaldo as he is 36 years old. I wonder if those same people are the same ones with the one who complained about Ole benched ronaldo on Saturday?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Sir Alex did not start his best players every game. Non story. We were winning the game with Cavani on the pitch. He wouldn't have said anything if we won.
Exactly, where was Beckham against Madrid in 2002? This whole thing has been blown up to disrespect Ole.