Alex Greenwood | Happy at United but "needed to take the risk" and go to Lyon

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Blow to lose our captain at this stage of pre-season
Was there any sense at all that this was on the cards? Feels like a bolt from the blue.

redshaw

They have Lucy Bronze and now Alex Greenwood.

She did good getting us promoted and for whatever reason Lyon is the big deal.

ovoxo

I thought she was a really good left back at the World Cup, shame to lose our captain. Seems a bit out of the blue though.

Andersons Dietician

What the actual??? That’ll be a huge loss. We don’t even have a replacement LB do we. I mean we just played Galton and Hanson at LB who are both wingers.

bdecuc

Bit strange though? She had seemed to have lost her spot as the leftback in the world cup. Now she's off to Lyon?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Shit! Can't blame her really, if there's an opportunity to join Lyon you should definitely go for it. As exciting as this United team is, we are a good few years away from viably competing against the best clubs in Europe, and for a player like Greenwood you want to be playing at the highest level while you can. But it's awful news for us, to lose our captain and best player.

redshaw

Bit strange though? She had seemed to have lost her spot as the leftback in the world cup. Now she's off to Lyon?
She was rotated by Phil and has looked good for United and England. When Lyon come calling you go.

OsloRed

Totally ubderstandable from her point of view, but it sucks for us. We need a left back now, and it will be hard to get a better one than the one we just lost.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That's really disappointing. I can't blame her for accepting an offer from Lyon - it's the biggest club in the women's game, they pay very well and they recruit great players. Sad to see it happen though.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Played in the friendly just yesterday didn't she? Very sudden.

Tiber

I knew it was going to be some sort of troll about a sponsorship event or something, but this was well played