Alex McLeish has left Brum...

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If he's going to Villa he's not very loyal.

I guess he'd be the 3rd choice for Villa after Rafa & Martinez.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
No idea why Villa would want him. If they're content with a mid table finish then he's the man.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If he does go to Villa it is hard to take managers seriously when they ask for loyalty from their own players.

Man-United

Was the bookies favourite on friday to join Villa, and now it seem even more likely.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So in a week we see incredible loyalty from Martinez and then incredible disloyalty from MacLeish. He took them down but they kept him on. Now he's going to jump ship to their city rivals? Bang out of order IMO.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Saying he quit the job via email and is very interested in Villa. Cnut of the highest order

Brophs

The One and Only
He was screwed over by shit, dishonest owners at Birmingham who gave him little in the way of support. I'm not surprised he's leaving, though I will be surprised if Villa take him, as seems likely.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He was screwed over by shit, dishonest owners at Birmingham who gave him little in the way of support. I'm not surprised he's leaving, though I will be surprised if Villa take him, as seems likely.
How can you be surprised by something you deem likely?

Carl

Little support? He took them down and they kept him on.

Brophs

The One and Only
How can you be surprised by something you deem likely?
Hehe. That came out wrong. I meant I was surprised that they'd want him, though I now realise it seems likely to happen.

Also you're a knob.

Brophs

The One and Only
Little support? He took them down and they kept him on.
They kept him on and then released a statement saying the expected him to get them promoted the following season. That was basically trying to shift the blame onto him for the relegation, and while he's obviously partly to blame, he got almost no support in the transfer market. Remember this...

Birmingham City's new owner Carson Yeung pledges £80m on players - Telegraph

He did well to win the Carling Cup and from there, probably should have kept them up, but he didn't have any sort of squad depth because he wasn't given the money to invest. The owners are utter bullshitters and have gotten what they deserved.

I don't believe that relegation should be an automatic sacking. Sadly, it's indicative of modern culture that a lot of people seem to.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
His teams serve up tumescent shite. I look forward to Villa parking the bus at home against Norwich next year and Darren Bent being their top scorer with 8 goals.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Bit strange, considering he won them the CC. Maybe the owners were being cnutish?

Carl

They kept him on and then released a statement saying the expected him to get them promoted the following season. That was basically trying to shift the blame onto him for the relegation, and while he's obviously partly to blame, he got almost no support in the transfer market. Remember this...

Birmingham City's new owner Carson Yeung pledges £80m on players - Telegraph

He did well to win the Carling Cup and from there, probably should have kept them up, but he didn't have any sort of squad depth because he wasn't given the money to invest. The owners are utter bullshitters and have gotten what they deserved.

I don't believe that relegation should be an automatic sacking. Sadly, it's indicative of modern culture that a lot of people seem to.
I see what you're saying but the fact is that as you say, relegation usually means losing your job. The fact he was kept on is a showing of support.

Granted they didn't throw money around but the players he did bring in in the Summer and January simply didn't make an impact and that's down to the MacLeish.

stubie

If Villa appoint him then they can look forward to a season battling relegation.

Villa should really be setting there standards alot higher than McLeish

mufcwarm92

I'm hearing rumours that he may be going to Everton to replace Moyes, who will become the new Villa manager. Just speculation I think, but you heard it here first.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
I'm hearing rumours that he may be going to Everton to replace Moyes, who will become the new Villa manager. Just speculation I think, but you heard it here first.
Would be a bad move from Everton's POV. Mcleish would be a massive step down from Moyes. They should get on Martin O'Neill's case providing they'e got a bit of paper to spend.

Man-United

Just read on a Birmingham forum, they think he quit because of the Marlon King signing as he didn't want him.
If true I understand him, can't believe any club would want that idiot.

Drifter

American
From the Brummies to the bitter rivals Villa?.Won't end well.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Brum's acting chairman, the wonderfully named Peter Pannu isn't too pleased with Mcleish. He's probably thrown his toys out of the pram.

stand_free

They showed him zero loyalty, led him on and would have no doubt sacked him had they not started off next year well. Not only that, rumours of financial difficulties can't have made things easy for him nor the fact he wasn't the choice of the board.

He's a good manager if somewhat unspectacular and if he does end up replacing Houllier, then Villa will be OK.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
They showed him zero loyalty, led him on and would have no doubt sacked him had they not started off next year well. Not only that, rumours of financial difficulties can't have made things easy for him nor the fact he wasn't the choice of the board.

He's a good manager if somewhat unspectacular and if he does end up replacing Houllier, then Villa will be OK.
I think he's a lot better manager than people give him credit for.

Let's see what he can do with some money to spend.

Excal

Birmingham City have refused to accept Alex McLeish's resignation as manager and are seeking financial compensation, BBC Sport understands.

The Scot has been linked with a move to Aston Villa, who on Monday contacted the Blues acting chairman Peter Pannu about his availability.

But BBC 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy said Pannu insisted McLeish was not available for talks.

It is believed City are looking for compensation of up to £5m.

"Mr Pannu's response [to Villa's enquiry]was concise: 'It will cost you as he's still our manager as far as we are concerned'," Murphy said.

The acting chairman is meeting legal representatives on Monday.

Pannu has described McLeish's resignation, via email on Sunday, as "irresponsible".

The former Rangers manager has two-and-a-quarter years remaining on the contract he signed at St Andrew's in November 2007.

Pannu told the Daily Express: "He is still our contracted staff and Birmingham City FC does not grant him any right to speak to any outsiders until the matter is resolved.

"It's about time discipline is instilled into this game and I am not a person who gets pushed about."
How much did you pay us for Foster, again?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I think he's a lot better manager than people give him credit for.
Let's see what he can do with some money to spend.
He got them relegated twice. If i was a fan of a mid/lower league team i wouldn't want him near the place. I'd consider him an average enough manager. I can't understand why a club like Villa would be after him being honest particularly with all that baggage of coming from their bitterest of rivals he'll bring along with him.