Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Hard to know on this one. He was a very talented youngster but he turned us down (along with Liverpool and Spurs) to sign up for Wenger.

As for how good he is now, I'm usually too busy laughing whenever I watch an Arsenal match to pay actual attention to individuals.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not a fan.

Firstly Lingard can be a match winner with his strikes, I have never seen the OX make a decent strike.
He seems to be good going past a player or two yet rarely finishes a move and I'm not sure his distribution is anything special either.

I would be interested to see if clubs outside the top 6 would come in for him, perhaps Everton if Barkley moves on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not a fan.

Firstly Lingard can be a match winner with his strikes, I have never seen the OX make a decent strike.
He seems to be good going past a player or two yet rarely finishes a move and I'm not sure his distribution is anything special either.

I would be interested to see if clubs outside the top 6 would come in for him, perhaps Everton if Barkley moves on.
It's painful seeing him being compared to Lingard. He's not playing the same positon as Lingard, he's not a similar player to Lingard. I question just how much people have actually seen of him when they keep making this comparison.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I like him.

It's a shame he's so injury prone because he is a very good footballer
This could be said for quite a few Arsenal players, some of which improved their injury record at other clubs. Just look at Wilshere and Fabregas for example.

I would welcome him at Spurs if Potch wanted him and he worked hard. Seems like a nice guy who is still young.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The itk twitterati are saying it's a done deal for him to Liverpool.

I guess that means wenger is staying.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If it's true he'd better not be expensive. And he better not be as brainless as Ibe.

Dong Fangzhuo

If it's true he'd better not be expensive. And he better not be as brainless as Ibe.
Last year of contract, but english and selling to a top 4 rival, I'd guess 20-25m. Which isn't terrible. He's been one of their better players this season from what I've seen, and could still improve a lot if he's allowed to settle on a position.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Elite physical talent, very high quality technique...and absolutely no football brain at all.

I would take 25M in a second as an Arsenal fan. I don't buy the rumors though. He is one of Wenger's pet players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's not nearly as bad as Ibe and Klopp will improve him. Great move for him and you imho

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I really don't know what's worse, Oxlade offered £180k or him turning it down.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The money in football is incredible these days so no surprise he got this offer. Compare that to Roy Keane, elite player, fighting hard to get a £50k contract in 2000 or top PL footballers getting £100k ca. 2006 (Rio, Terry and a few others). I don't think he is leaving because of money, most likely he just wants to be somewhere else.

I would like him at United.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think this will end up like the Walcott contract situation years ago. I do not think he is going anywhere.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

I really don't know what's worse, Oxlade offered £180k or him turning it down.
I don't think he's bothered by money. Seems like the type who wants to win things.

Would like to see us get him and lose Lingard.

InfiniteBoredom

I don't think he's bothered by money. Seems like the type who wants to win things.

Would like to see us get him and lose Lingard.
He's as bad as Lingard when it comes to putting figures on board.

Actually, he's worse. Lingard popped up with an useful goal now and then in actual big games.

prateik

What exactly does he do?
This is his 7th PL season. 9 goals, 14 assists.

He is decent.. basically their Lingard. Looks busy, does little. Good squad option.
He is home grown and top teams need players good enough to be in their squad who are home grown.
Thats the only reason players like him get that sort of money.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's as bad as Lingard when it comes to putting figures on board.

Actually, he's worse. Lingard popped up with an useful goal now and then in actual big games.
Ox is much better ball carrier, a fighter who tends to do well in big games, much pacier and has more potential.

Under a good manager he could be a decent player and a much more useful squad player than Lingard. Wenger is a bad fit for someone like Ox.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Surely that £180k figure is exaggerated? He's a decent player but hardly a mainstay nor indispensable. I can see them paying that for Sanchez but the Ox? Madness.

prtk0811

I'd be amazed to see arsenal selling him so late without bringing someone in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arsenal briefing an inflated figure to make it look like they did all they can. When in fact, they're happy to sell to a rival.
Banter club.

kps88

Makes sense if he goes to Chelsea as he would fit in perfectly as a right wing back. Strange move if he goes to Liverpool.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What exactly does he do?
This is his 7th PL season. 9 goals, 14 assists.

He is decent.. basically their Lingard. Looks busy, does little. Good squad option.
He is home grown and top teams need players good enough to be in their squad who are home grown.
Thats the only reason players like him get that sort of money.
Wow, I thought this was off but he has indeed scored just 9 goals for Arsenal in the league in 130 appearances, 20 in all competitions in nearly 200 games (skewed by scoring 5 in 11 League Cup games). That's a horrific return.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Think he'd be better staying at Arse than going Chelsea or Liverpool. Won't get in the former, lack of ambition with the latter. Not that Arse have a tonne of ambition but Liverpool is definitely a sideways step.

I think we could really use someone like him here, but it wouldn't happen.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I would like him at Liverpool. He's a decent player and would provide us with some much needed width. Not sure about 180.000k a month, though. Not sure he would want to come either if it's medals he's after, as we don't look more likely to get them than Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.