Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

Irrational.

I think he will be very good for Liverpool. Klopp always seems to get the maximum out of his players. Except Benteke.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he'll look better than he is due to Liverpool winning certain games in bombastic fashion like the Arsenal game.

I don't think he offers anything more than Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum already offer in CM.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He is not going to bring them to a whole new level and is probably not worth the fee they paid, especially considering his contract situation but should do the job.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Thread title:lol:

buckooo1978

like his energy, good dribbler but lacks the discipline of Jesse Lingard who is a player I would compare him to

Minimalist

I don't think there's any evidence of his talent being beyond that of a squad player in a side finishing 5th-10th in the league. Just because he's lasted at Arsenal doesn't mean much.

Honestly don't have a clue what Liverpool are thinking - especially if he's to play in midfield.

AR87

I like his potential as a wingback as it minimizes his issues with end product but maximizes his ability to carry the ball 50-60 yards at a time and use his pace and stamina without exacerbating his issues with defensive awareness too much. As a winger or a CM player I don't think he'll produce enough goals or assists to justify the fee.

I thought playing RWB for Chelsea would have been a much better move for his future than wherever he'll be plugged into Liverpool's setup.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think the Malta game is him in a nutshell, absolutely clueless and ineffective.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I think he's a generational star. In 40 years the old timers will remember him but not the young fans. Same status like Chris Armstrong, the old spurs striker. Nothing more, nothing less. An 82 rated player Fifa 17 language wise. Never turned into a superstar but a player to have because competent personnel is hard to find.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of those players you never know where to play because they don't excel at anything.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like his potential as a wingback as it minimizes his issues with end product but maximizes his ability to carry the ball 50-60 yards at a time and use his pace and stamina without exacerbating his issues with defensive awareness too much. As a winger or a CM player I don't think he'll produce enough goals or assists to justify the fee.

I thought playing RWB for Chelsea would have been a much better move for his future than wherever he'll be plugged into Liverpool's setup.
For some reason he has convinced himself he is a superstar midfielder in the making, I think he is going to very disappointed with how is career is going to pan out if that's where he thinks he is going to end up.

He has none of the qualities to play any role in the center of the pitch.

AndersB

The guy is like a Danny Welbeck with even less end product. He'll fit into Liverpool's system, but it would surprise me a lot if he became more than a semi-marginal squad player

Zoo

Be interesting to see if his injury record improves.

Un4givableB

A good player that has been under coached for years and he has stagnated at Arsenal, he has all the qualities to be a very good player, under a decent manager.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's not such a nothing player, I've never been even slightly impressed by him at Arsenal. I've just done a quick comparison to lingard on who scored. As they are quite comparable, both usually are bench players, Both are 24 and both play in attacking positions for the most part.

Ox - 164 apps - 13 goals - 18 assists

Lingard - 117 apps - 20 goals - 14 assists.

I know stats aren't the be all and end all but they are very similar and if anything lingard is more productive (somehow)

Rossa

I think he's a generational star. In 40 years the old timers will remember him but not the young fans. Same status like Chris Armstrong, the old spurs striker. Nothing more, nothing less. An 82 rated player Fifa 17 language wise. Never turned into a superstar but a player to have because competent personnel is hard to find.
Wtf?

Parry Gallister

Don't know how good he is. Lack of goals but he has been disrupted by injuries/used as a jack of all trades. Very instant on playing in midfield but hard to see who he gets in front of at the moment. Still young and improves their depth at least.

izec

Klopp has done some good things with some of their players. He improved Mane, Can, Coutinho and Lallana significantly. If he can do the same with Ox, it will be good business.

Needham

Don't know how good he is. Lack of goals but he has been disrupted by injuries/used as a jack of all trades. Very instant on playing in midfield but hard to see who he gets in front of at the moment. Still young and improves their depth at least.
Me neither. Probably because he comes from recent years Arsenal. It's impossible to say. Same with half their team. We keep getting told they are good but are under performing, just not competing etc. But it could be just that they are not very good. Walcott, for example. Could he genuinely do any damage in another team?

N2402

he is a legend, he gets to go home to perrie edwards.

RooneyLegend

He has an incredible amount of ability and one of the best one v one players in the league both sides of the ball, however he has struggled with him being played all over the place. He'll be one of the best midfielders in the league after Klopp is done with him, which makes the Keita transfer look odd.

Davistiano

Really not sure why Liverpool signed Ox....he is a good squad player at maximum, nothing else.

One of my mate who is a Liverpool fans also does not understand this signing, he describes Ox as "a muscle player with no on-pitch intelligence and vision, would not even be wanted by Rugby". :lol:

However, I do feel sorry for Ox because he did show a lot of potentials years ago, and probably was ruined by Arsenal..... Hopefully can see some Klopp magic to help this young man out.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he'll look better than he is due to Liverpool winning certain games in bombastic fashion like the Arsenal game.

I don't think he offers anything more than Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum already offer in CM.
I dunno, the only one of those more talented than him is Wijnaldum. But then Liverpool need DMs there really, plenty of attacking options already. For me he should be breaking into a midfield where Can is considered to be in the running for 1st choice. But then if he gets injured again none of it matters.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I expect he will be in and around that level, unless he makes a big step up in new surroundings.

Which is what he was bought as - I don't know why people think we've bought him as someone who is supposed to step straight into the starting lineup.

He'll get plenty of games on the wing as well when Mane and Salah aren't playing.

Rossa

I expect he will be in and around that level, unless he makes a big step up in new surroundings.

Which is what he was bought as - I don't know why people think we've bought him as someone who is supposed to step straight into the starting lineup.

He'll get plenty of games on the wing as well when Mane and Salah aren't playing.
He'll be great through the middle when counter attacking though, with Salah and Mane on the flanks.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool's squad depth is pretty poor, Chambo Mercy will get plenty of games.
We're getting there though. None of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana or Milner started against Arsenal. Add Chamberlain to that mix, and it's only really central defence we're poorly stocked in.

Still good room for improvement allround, mind.

MuFc_1992

He'd fit the system perfectly because Klopp likes central midfielders who can beat their man and play direct football through the middle. If he doesn't make it as a CM at Liverpool than he can forget about the whole thing and try to reinvent himself as a winger but I believe that this is the perfect system to accommodate a CM like OX.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We're getting there though. None of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana or Milner started against Arsenal. Add Chamberlain to that mix, and it's only really central defence we're poorly stocked in.

Still good room for improvement allround, mind.
I wouldn't count on Sturridge and I doubt Klopp does either. Coutinho will walk straight into the starting 11 and play as 1/4 attackers alongside Salah, Firmino and Mane. So the reserves are Chamberlain, Milner and Lallana. If someone like Henderson were to suffer an injury the midfield itself could start looking very weak.