Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

JoaquinJoaquin

Seems to me that this signing was made as Can looks like he will be leaving for Juventus.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't count on Sturridge and I doubt Klopp does either. Coutinho will walk straight into the starting 11 and play as 1/4 attackers alongside Salah, Firmino and Mane. So the reserves are Chamberlain, Milner and Lallana. If someone like Henderson were to suffer an injury the midfield itself could start looking very weak.
If hendo is out, Can goes to his position - which is arguably his best position as well.

Next in line for the deep position is a bit worrisome though

wythyred

He's garbage.. Nowhere near good enough to play CM his decisions are terrible and he panicks every time he gets the ball.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's gone full Liverpool already, thinks he can win the game all by himself.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
That game where Wenger started him as CM and he ended up scoring 2 goals has done him more harm than good, no where near good enough to play through the middle.

Jacko21

Steals a living.

He’s like the guy at work who keeps his head down, knowing that if he draws attention to himself, people will realise he doesn’t do anything, hasn’t got anything to offer and is surplus to requirements.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Shocking. So glad we got rid of him.
Your RWB options have gone from Chamberlain and Bellerin to just Bellerin. I think you'll miss Chamberlain if Bellerin picks up an injury.

That being said, this England game isn't exactly getting me excited at the prospect of seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. There's no way he's getting a midfield spot ahead of Can, Wijnaldum or Henderson on Saturday.

Robbie Boy

He's shite. We all knew this. It's like the Welbeck thing all over again: Player moves from one big club to another and suddenly they're fantastic and the selling club was wrong for selling. People barely spoke about him until his move; he's that pointless.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Your RWB options have gone from Chamberlain and Bellerin to just Bellerin. I think you'll miss Chamberlain if Bellerin picks up an injury.

That being said, this England game isn't exactly getting me excited at the prospect of seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. There's no way he's getting a midfield spot ahead of Can, Wijnaldum or Henderson on Saturday.
We have Nelson. He is young, but looks amazing for our Under-23.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't dare try doing that long shot shit on the counter attack if he has Mane and Salah either side, Klopp would be raging. I don't know what to think of him, just have to wait and see how Klopp integrates him in the side and see how he wants him to play, but he needs to cut out the me,me,me act. I know he idolises Stevie G, but with Gerrard he did it enough to change a game and bail us out most of times. I don't see him as a game changer.

AshfordLad

Still think he could have become a top wingback under Conte, can see all the things needed are there. Will massively regret his decision in a few months to a years time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Does somebody his true and best position ? I mean not the position he thinks he can play. It reminds of Walcott he was a striker and then reverting to a winger role.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We have Nelson. He is young, but looks amazing for our Under-23.
That's the kind of thinking that has landed Wenger in the mess he finds himself in.
Still think he could have become a top wingback under Conte, can see all the things needed are there. Will massively regret his decision in a few months to a years time.
i don't think he is any better than Moses in that position personally.

Revan

Assumptionman
Never rated him so not bothered about this. Another 'English player with great potential' that will never turn out to be nothing more than an average player.

Trequartistry

That's the kind of thinking that has landed Wenger in the mess he finds himself in.

i don't think he is any better than Moses in that position personally.
Nelson is genuinely a massive talent, perhaps the best English talent at academy level. Looked really good in pre season as well and has started the season great at U23 level, he should have got a first team chance in the league by now.

Bwuk

I'm not sure where he fits at Liverpool.

As part of the midfield, he'll be behind Henderson, Can, Coutinho (when he returns), and Lallana. Wjinaldum is a bit more debatable, as I don't think he's all that.

He says he's moving to Liverpool to play in midfield and I just don't see where he'll get a game, and I'd imagine Klopp must of given him assurances that he'll get the game time for him to turn down more money at Chelsea and Arsenal.

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
I'm hoping Klopp lied through his yellow teeth if he made promises of playing him in Midfield.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
If he's going to play like that every time he's going to be a sub. The late one.
All hopes on Klopp.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He is so English isn't he? And that's not a complement by any stretch of the imagination! :( What a waste of money for essentially a Carling/FA Cup player.

ti vu

Well, with all these comparisons to Lingard, I think we would bite the had off anyone offering£40M for him.

£40M for the Ox, let that sink in.

£40M

Fourty million pounds!
You forgot: INTO HIS LAST YEAR OF CONTRACT