Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

fallengt

feck sake city . You had to ruin the 0-4 meme
Someone will still force it in the morning though

R'hllor

Lost 4:0 changed team lost 5:0, doesnt want to play wide, he gets on and plays wide

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Damn, that's harsh:lol:

'He spoke on the Liverpool website about that he could see Klopp making him a better player and that there's a love and togetherness. Are you telling us you didn't have that at Arsenal?' Henry said during Sky Sports build up.

'Or are you looking forward to something else? He's saying that after an hour of training at Liverpool.

'You have to bring something on the table. I have been watching him for a very long time and I still don't know what he's good at.

'You can find out on all players what they are not good at, but normally you also find out what they are good at.

'He needs to bring something to the table and give something to work with.
Seems like he is just sticking up for Wenger.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
Can't help but feel his best position would have been a wing back. He isn't productive enough to play in an attacking position and I won't even get in details about how poor he is in CM.

Under Conte I feel he would have grown into a very good player, his speed and dribbling would have been devastating from deep and he wouldn't have been required to put up decent numbers in assists and goals. You saw how well Moses did last season, with the right coaching Ox could have been even better

He could have cemented a first team spot in a team that regularly challenges for major honors each season but instead he's joined a team that win's even less than Arsenal

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What's his supposed best position ? What's the position he wants to play ? At the moment he seems so lost, is he a winger ? A wingback ? A CM ?

The Bloody-Nine

What's his supposed best position ? What's the position he wants to play ? At the moment he seems so lost, is he a winger ? A wingback ? A CM ?
I believe he sees himself as a central midfielder. An attacking central midfielder.

Nomadic

The only place in which he wasn't shit at Arsenal was at wingback and that was mainly because there he has more space to run like a headless chicken.

AlwaysRed66

It was interesting when Arsenal didn't have the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, & Oxlade Chamberlain starting or playing they were far more organised & effective, even though the players that played may have been inferior. I think Arsenal will find that this was a good deal for them selling him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You won't get an argument from me. I find his transfer to Liverpool absolutely baffling.
:lol:
The whole thing is hilarious, Liverpool needed defenders big time and they sign a player like Chamberlain. Should really have sold Coutinho and invested in weak areas but that is not enough outside the box thinking for Klopp.

Sylar

I thought he looked decent in the centre for Arsenal at the end of last season. But I agree with @CechMate1 - think as a RWB he would have thrived under Conte.

But that said, hes a Liverpool fan right so I understand why he went there. Just bizarre that Liverpool spent 40m on him and didnt have a planB for VVD and get an actual defender / leader in for the back.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
The most bizarre waste of 40m ever in English football
Agreed! Baffling that we spend that much on a 'luxury' position. Klopp should be help responsible for this. I'm reading some forums and they still blame the owners. I don't get the blind Faith in Klopp. Yes he's made our attacking better, but we some dross in the back.

We had 5 windows to address the same shit again and again, but what do we do? Absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Invictus

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He is so English isn't he? And that's not a complement by any stretch of the imagination! :( What a waste of money for essentially a Carling/FA Cup player.
Not even a Carling cup player. Who'd have known? Well, Thierry Henry for a start.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Pointless signing, probably could have got a pretty good CB for that money and they'd be in much better shape.

Henry is absolutely right, there's nothing he does particularly well. He's also becoming one of those players who've developing a highlight reel of particularly awful moments where his passing or shooting is hilariously wayward (such as tonight, for example).

Womp

idiot
Agreed! Baffling that we spend that much on a 'luxury' position. Klopp should be help responsible for this. I'm reading some forums and they still blame the owners. I don't get the blind Faith in Klopp. Yes he's made our attacking better, but we some dross in the back.

We had 5 windows to address the same shit again and again, but what do we do? Absolutely nothing.
Tbf I think your attack is as good as it is specifically for the reason that no one in your squad seems to give a shit about defending.

Klopp seems to really be feeling the pressure. He's a good manager but I don't think he's as good as some others in the league.