Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Good debut. Gives us good width and threat on the corners. But somehow I thought we looked more imposing with Pogba.
So bench Shaw and play Telles and Pogba! Pogba would be pretty dangerous in the box with those Telles crosses too i think. Pogba isnt the best header but being tall and strong makes up for a lot.

Mercurial

Not the player we wanted, but certainly the player we desperately needed! Looked as if he played for us for years and showed the heart of a warrior on every ball! Such a good start!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Loved watching him take coming off at 60’ in total stride. It was probably discussed before the match, but his hug with Pogba was very heartening. Seems to have invested in with the club quickly.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thought he looked good but I wouldn't go writing off Shaw yet who played really well tonight himself. Think Telles may be better suited against teams we're struggling to break down though as his delivery is great. Slabhead gonna be a serious threat from them

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Can hit a ball. Suddenly as a fan you sit up and go "alright, alright here we go" yet it looked like a lot of our team was still in "watch him feck this up" mode. We have a gear to go up and exploit his ability to cross the ball and I think we should start seeing players anticipate passing and movement a bit better as the standard lifts.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Imagine this season we could have had Maguire, Smalling, McT and Cavani on corners, I think we will definitely score from few this season regardless who's in the box. The delivery is wicked!

The United

Super crosses. I am not convinced with his defending or general play in our own half. Mainly because I have not seen him much yet.

Can7onA

Pings them doesn't he!

Although Shaw was like a prime Baresi tonight so it's good to have two of them fighting for it!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I won't mention the obvious quality of delivery he has, but what I really liked was how he protected the ball. He seemed very composed on the ball and seemed to spot runs early.

stu_1992

What a game to make your debut for the club. He didn't disappoint either. I had seen some of his crossing online and it was impressive, although never seen any full games so don't feel I can really speak on him. However I didn't know we had those corners in his locker. That'll be a decent weapon for us this season. Especially if we can get better at attacking them when they come in. Maguire certainly would help. Maybe Pogba if he gets back into the lineup. McTominay is decent at attacking the ball too. Who knows what State Cavani will be in, but probably better in the air than any of our forwards if nothing else.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We have someone who can cross a ball and take a corner kick. Oh my god finally !

Andersons Dietician

Finally someone who can put a good threatening ball in from a corner.

Seemed to be a tiny bit off the pace but was still a good performance. Think Martial and Rashford are going to really have to start making moves for crosses as a few times he shaped up to deliver but there wasn’t really anyone there. Looked a bit slow and lightweight at first. Went down a bit easy for my liking but I think once he realised he wasn’t going to get anything playing that way he really improved.

Falcow

Very good debut. I dont even remember the last player we had that could take proper corners, Giggs?

Anyway, great value for money signing and really strengthens the squad. Our window was so much better than people realise.

Carl S Bridge

Very good debut. I dont even remember the last player we had that could take proper corners, Giggs?

Anyway, great value for money signing and really strengthens the squad. Our window was so much better than people realise.
Rvp

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Now you can see a difference between a natural left back and natural Defender playing at left back (Shaw). If he's decent defensively he'll be great for us. And those corners. Left legged too!

We've been lucky Mbappe and Neymar didn't try to test him much today though, he looked slightly off pace compared to rest of the team, but nothing to worry about yet.

Flying_Heckfish

It was probably an instruction, or lack of men in the box, but I really want to see more of his delivery in open play. He played it safe a few times. Had me thinking "Turn Back Telles" for a second :lol:.

But yeah his corners were A1.

hubbuh

He put in some fantastic balls which makes a welcome change. Didn’t see him do much of note defensively, though that wasn’t his role tonight. A perfectly acceptable debut, could have had an assist with one of those corners! Can’t help but feel Martial and him ought to do some training together to make sure they get an understanding to maximise each other’s abilities. Good start!

Saddy

Charlie Adams quality of delivery on the corners and had a couple of times when he had a chance to whip in a cross but didn't because there wasn't anyone there to hit.

Looked a bit gassed after an hour which is understandable but again Luke Shaw really worked in the back 3 and competition for his place - all good !

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Cavani will be loving that sort of delivery from him going forward.

Amarsdd

Cavani will love him! Will love see some diving headers from Cavani getting on the end of Telles crosses.

Born2Lose

Great to see new players coming in with the hunger and determination. If Ole keeps picking up the right players the dead wood will all be cleared out eventually and we'll have a great squad.

Alemar

I liked Telles a lot today. He provides more than Shaw from the attacking perspective, and we may use it. Set piece delivery is also brilliant. Defensively, we don’t yet know - PSG preferred to attack via Bissaka’s end instead

CM10

Impressed by his crosses, could be a real threat if we commit more players forward to attack them.

Status
Not open for further replies.