Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is going to score a very beautiful long shot very soon to really announce himself. I'm looking forward to that.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm starting to think he's instructed to cross from any position. So - so today, still finding his feet but he's fine defensively. Slightly disappointed with lack of speed and strength, something I'd say is vital for a full back but I'll give him time.

James Peril

I will give him time, his life has changed a lot the last months. Going from a shit league to the best league in the world, from the best team in the league to a challenger for 4th, from Portugal speaking his language to England, new city, corona virus at the worst possible time and so on and so forth. Saying that, I am not exactly sold on him, but you just have a feeling he is a warrior and contributor. I think Reguilon is safer and more disciplined both ways, but yeah, that buy-back clause sucks and accepting it is not acceptable for a club with respect for themselves. No chance he plays for Tottenham in a few years.

Kag

He looks properly solid in a defensive sense. More to come going forward, too. I’d been banging on about bringing in somebody like Lucas Digne for a while so I’m pleased Telles is here. He’s a good alternative to Shaw and has been able to come in for him given the inevitable Shaw two month lay off. Mad that it took us this long, in truth.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I like his balls over the top of the defence, he can really stretch out the opponent without having to run

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
At least the LB is still functioning well when Shaw is eventually get injured. People say that Shaw is also good in crossing, forgetting that it's only that two games he's shown it (after we get Telles).

sillwuka

We are seeing that Telles isn't a ball carrier but this may not be a bad thing. He will look to play a riskier pass down the line or a pass similar to what Greenwood latched onto.

He's a really good option.

T_Model101

Technically brilliant, I had genuinely forgot about Luke Shaw :lol:
Feck, I'd even bring back Andreas Perreria if it helps this guy settle better
Edit: I like him ITS THE PHONE

eltigreFalcao

"Fine margins" between him and Shaw, but I like him. Wonder how would a tandem of Martial and this guy on the left, Martial will look to be closer to the goal when he has the ball and be more of a persistent thread, ansh shift left to drible past a LB.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s pretty solid in defence which was my initial fear. I actually thought his crossing was more of an issue yesterday but still think it will click and he adds a new threat.

What’s with all this gushing over Reguilon, he’s good but hardly a world beater.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s pretty solid in defence which was my initial fear. I actually thought his crossing was more of an issue yesterday but still think it will click and he adds a new threat.

What’s with all this gushing over Reguilon, he’s good but hardly a world beater.
Saw a comment on Twitter that said Spurs fans have been overhyping Regulion so much that theyd throw a parade if he put his kit on by himself. There were even some comments from our own fans in the Gameweek 10 thread wanking over him when he was pretty unremarkable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s great to have another proper LB in the team. I don’t feel any major drop off from Shaw, they have different skill sets and telles uses his passing and crossing ability more than his athleticism, but that’s fine too.

we just need another solid RB to give AWB some competition and give him a rest.

poleglass red

so far so good. He hasn't been amazing, but he seems to be settling in nicely. Sometimes it can take a player a while to adapt, he seems to have adapted well. As he starts to play more regularly we will need to see more from him though esp in an attacking sense, but you can see he's a quality player.

Man Utd 1:3 PSG

Irwin99

My early opinion is that he's steady without being flashy and looks a decent full back. I fully admit I'd never really seen him much before but from the descriptions given I was anticipating a bit more of an aggressive, attacking fullback. Instead he looks pretty well balanced.

kundalini

Defensively I thought he had a difficult time in the first half as Martial wasn't helping out enough, leaving Telles to mark Mbappe, then rush out towards the right-back, who got in some dangerous crosses.

Disappointed by the lack of quality crosses from Telles. Tried a few but never got a good connection.

Apart from that he was ok.

Ekeke

I think hes been okay. A little less solid than Shaw defensively perhaps. He was a fullback with one of the better reputations in recent years if anything it shows the unrealistic expectations on Shaw

el3mel

I don't think he has been anywhere groundbreaking as many were thinking but he has been decent and some times very good overall. However I think Shaw will still be starting ahead of him.

AKDevil

Been pretty disappointed at his ability to make space to cross the ball in. Many of his attempts seem to end up being blocked. Been slow getting the ball out of his feet on occasions too to cross
think he could be cleverer too. Sometimes it feels like he crosses for the sake of crossing, without actually seeing if there’s anyone in the box.

arthurka

I think he will become good. He hasn't ripped up any trees but I think he will become good.

Crustanoid

Ed fecked up on Reguillon because he is a penny pinching Glazer bumming imbecilic moronic twat but we got this guy so let’s get behind him

always_hoping

He's still very much work in progress. Mixed the good with the bad tonight. Needs a good run of games to judge him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's hard to judge him and a lot of players because we are switching players, formations, and positions so much that it will change what you do game to game never mind the opposition we play.

If Telles was only ever whipping in balls in to Cavani all season I'm sure that would work out but him doing that to Martial and Greenwood and co during some games in a 352, 4231 or a 4312 diamond is only going to make our whole team very confused.

I think he is a useful player though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ed fecked up on Reguillon because he is a penny pinching Glazer bumming imbecilic moronic twat but we got this guy so let’s get behind him
Wasn't Reguillon a terrible deal because Madrid can buy him back easily?

We'd have essentially developed him for Real which is not what Manchester United should be doing.

Dominos

I think he was a bit ragged defensively tonight but not awful by any means.

What I'm disappointed in so far is his attacking in open play. He was supposed to transform our attacking play and make us realise what we've been missing playing with Shaw/AWB who don't know their arse from their elbow in the final third. He's not really put in any dangerous crosses from open play, got in behind the opposition defence or showed any great link up play so it doesn't look like he's going to make as big a difference as we hoped.

It's early days though obviously, his set pieces are decent and we really should be getting a head to them more often.

Obiorahking_

Hes a better crosser than Shaw thats for sure but he could be a little bit better in possession. He doesn't have to cross it every single time he gets the ball out wide.

macheda14

No we didn't get Reguillon because of the buyback clause. Even though I think we should have just taken the hit on that its something as a club we would never do and cant be placed firmly on Ed.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He didn't want to come here. His heart was always to go back to Madrid

gza the genius

Hes a better crosser than Shaw thats for sure but he could be a little bit better in possession. He doesn't have to cross it every single time he gets the ball out wide.
This. As soon as he gets the ball you can tell he only ever has crossing it or hitting a long ball on his mind. He's done pretty well considering he's just switched leagues, had covid, and then traveled across the globe on international duty a couple weeks ago.

I don't think he's anything special though, not better than Shaw anyway. But it's great to have him here as backup/a different option.

Status
Not open for further replies.