Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
First half I felt he was our biggest and most consistent threat but in the second half his, and the teams, shape and form started to dip as WU got alittle more confident and progressive.

This is where United need to take advantage when they're on top, as we were so obviously in the first half.

eire-red

He's definitely a good backup option. Has CL and International experience, and I think he'll slot in well for our EL games coming up.

It will take time for our players to make the most of his deliveries, and him to understand their runs in the box.

Solid game from him last night.

Adamsk7

He was easily our best player in the first half snd even if he had an absolute stinker in the second (he didn’t, was just ok) then he still wouldn’t deserve the negativity on here.

he’s a good player

we really need to start getting behind our team.

Real Name

Like how he sprinted in the first half and saved a potential west ham 1 on 1 situation. Had a solid have overall. Should be more active in attack but no complaints.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same issue with DVB, people expecting him to be match fit and at his best after 1 match in a month are deluded.

I thought he played fine, had a tricky opponent in Bowen and gave him nothing all match.

Matic moved the ball far too slowly and took too many touches before getting it to Telles, Rashford ignored him on multiple occasions to cut in and run into defenders.

He's clearly not got the same acceleration as Shaw but he relies on movement to get his openings, not dribbling. The team need to learn to adjust to suit him, just like DVB.

dinostar77

Do people actually remember how bad Evra and Vidic were when they first joined? Players need time especially when they come from abroad to settle in a new country and there is a lockdown.

EngimaMK

I'm puzzled by some of the slating. He was decent last night and has looked decent most of the time he plays. Not a world better but a solid deputy to Shaw and well worth the fee we paid for him.

Nothing to see here...

Born2Lose

Turned out to be a very prudent buy for a very reasonable fee. Hopefully a sign of things to come in future.

A-man

Think he has been totally fine, but when Shaw is playing like he has lately, one can see there is a difference in levels. I thought he screw up some of our counters with poor passes, or maybe more by misunderstanding how the other players were running. One clear example with Rashford. This is something I expect to improve with more match time and him getting to know his team mates better. I also hope his crosses improve and imo it make sense to play him with Cavani, so there is a recipient who is good at scoring goals with his head.

croadyman

Definitely felt he had his best game since PSG on Tuesday night, one of the biggest problems is that he hasn't played with the first XI much and in that Paris game he was playing alongside Shaw rather than in place for him due to Maguire not being available

Raven

He looked a lot quicker than I thought he was. Looks competent and is helping keep Shaw fit so I'm delighted with him so far.

Mickson

Do people actually remember how bad Evra and Vidic were when they first joined? Players need time especially when they come from abroad to settle in a new country and there is a lockdown.
They were 24 years old. Telles is 28 and it's very doubtful that he will be much better than he is now. He looks like a very mediocre player, another overrated buy from Ole IMO.

Icemav

They were 24 years old. Telles is 28 and it's very doubtful that he will be much better than he is now. He looks like a very mediocre player, another overrated buy from Ole IMO.
Joking right? I mean the majority of fans in England didnt know who he was. He is a good player who has the ability to cross well and signed for squad depth. Not sure what you are basing your analysis on.

Mickson

Joking right? I mean the majority of fans in England didnt know who he was. He is a good player who has the ability to cross well and signed for squad depth. Not sure what you are basing your analysis on.
What has that got to do with anything?? People have so low expectations these days. He just seems like a very mediocre player and I don't think it was a good deal. Although not the worst we have done.

dinostar77

Telles is a good fullback who has improved Shaw's game by being there as competition. Shaw's crossing and deadballs have imoroved as well. I put that down to Telles. Who has a fantastic cross in his armoury. I like him. Good player. Dunno what our fans expect sometimes Roberto Carlos in his prime?

Icemav

What has that got to do with anything?? People have so low expectations these days. He just seems like a very mediocre player and I don't think it was a good deal. Although not the worst we have done.
Well I had low expectations so its hard for me to overrate the acquisition. Shaw is playing well and Telles signing seems to have helped.

Bondi77

What about all the posters who based their opinion on his Porto form and had the cheek or should I say ignorance to claim he would be an upgrade on Shaw which still cracks me up :lol:
The silver lining is he did not cost us a lot of money.

Bondi77

Well I had low expectations so its hard for me to overrate the acquisition. Shaw is playing well and Telles signing seems to have helped.
Do you think the Cavani signing has been a factor in Martial not being as good as last year then if we are looking at time lines and maybe VDB coming has stopped Pogba being a bit of a D####head as well.

Mickson

Maybe it's because of Telles, maybe it's not. However, I find it difficult to argue that a player or a signing is a good one based on that. He plays for Manchester United and hardly came on a free transfer. If I remember correctly, he didn't cost less than say Tierney. Our scouting is incredibly shit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Telles also had different people on the wing, Rashford then Martial and it's not easy to be on the same wavelength as the winger infront of you. He did well and I think he's a very smart transfer.

Don't Kill Bill

His crossing and passing is generally very good. It would make sense to play him when Cavani is on the pitch. He does look a little short of pace when fronting up against a quick winger. I thinks he is a good squad buy who might become more effective in the long run.

Cast5

People want us to have squad depth, when we sign that depth people moan and say they’re not good enough.

It’s Usually the Ole out moaners who are desperate for Solskjaer to fail so they push the agenda that Ole has made bad signings even though he’s made the best signings of any manager post SAF by a mile.

bsCallout

If he is the standard of our back-up players we will be very strong.

Shaw happens to be playing like the best LB in the world and Telles is rightly no.2 but he'd get in at a lot of teams.

Olecurls99

Maybe it's because of Telles, maybe it's not. However, I find it difficult to argue that a player or a signing is a good one based on that. He plays for Manchester United and hardly came on a free transfer. If I remember correctly, he didn't cost less than say Tierney. Our scouting is incredibly shit.
That's a fair point about Tierney although we didn't need a starter there. Tierney wouldn't have been happy to play second fiddle to Shaw so probably wouldn't have come to us either way.

Telles is a good deputy but then again I thought Williams was a good deputy too and there's room to improve with Williams.

Telles all in all is a very capable back up and might improve as he gets used to the league and the club.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thought Tuesday was his best game for us, he covered well at the back, and moved forward more positively than some of his previous outings.
I agree that we do move the ball too slowly from the back, and Rashford always seems to use his overlapping as a decoy.
It takes time to settle in to a different league, so I'm not surprised that he's not looked great so far, but he looked more integrated in the squad the other night.

Lassitude42

I've been critical of him but he was good tonight. Made a number of good passes and looked confident defensively. Very pleased for him.

PoTMS

Excellent backup left back. Need one on the other side now to kick AWB into gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.